• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can someone on team fake compile all the reasons why the leak could be fake? I'd like to compare what reasons I have for believing and what reasons I have to not so I can decide how hyped I wanna be before Thursday to make sure I dont get too overhyped and end up absolutely being crushed if the leak is fake.
The insiders said it was fake because it didn't have Incineroar like Vergaben said. Because Verg's word is the word of God, apparently.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Everyone quick! Lock in your final guesses

Me: Ken, Incineroar, Shadow, Dragon Quest character.

Sora at VGA announced as first DLC

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I don't think you guys have processed how huge having a Tetris character in Smash would be!

Tetris:
- is widely considered to be the best video game ever sold
- was essential to the initial launch of the GameBoy due to the massive legal entanglement it was involved in ("Tetris made Game Boy")
- is a cultural icon that can be recognized by literally anyone with a brain cell
- is the best-selling video game of all time across all platforms

Amidst other reasons. Third party characters have to be iconic across the globe. There is no game more recognizable than Tetris.

This is not a joke. This would be a landmark character and would solidify Smash as "the biggest crossover in gaming history"!
sometimes this forum seems like its just this video looping at max volume: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3eTRB2kfsw

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wth... is going on... did we get all the roster? or is just hype from all people?

.n_n.
Music update didn't come today, implying a character from a new series is getting revealed in the Direct, basically soft-confirming that Box Theory is dead.

Also, it seems Mariotehplumber is involved with the Grinch leak, and it may or may not be real.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey, just made an account after lurking for the past week due to all the rumors and leaks and whatnot.

My theory is that Smashboard mods posted the grinch leak to spur speculation and get people to make accounts.
My theory is that you just found yourself a new “home”
Wth... is going on... did we get all the roster? or is just hype from all people?

.n_n.
Not until this Thursday
Everyone quick! Lock in your final guesses

Me: Ken, Incineroar, Shadow, Dragon Quest character.

Sora at VGA announced as first DLC
Shadow...he is all

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
so I can decide how hyped I wanna be before Thursday to make sure I dont get too overhyped and end up absolutely being crushed if the leak is fake.
If you don't want to get overhyped, go in assuming it's fake and you'll be hyped anyways. You literally answered your own question here.

I'm going in expecting:
- Ken and Incineroar playable
- Isaac and Shadow as ATs
- Mach Rider and Chorus Kids as trophies
- Banjo and Geno are just not there

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh boy, we ARE skipping music tonight.

I don't know how to feel about this... This could mean so many things

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Some pretty big jerk who got famous for hoarding rosalina amiibo just because he hated the character...
He's currently believed to be the Ganondorf leaker, thanks to both of them saying "Broken Clocks"
Ramen please, you've read my post, there's more then just the broken clocks thing

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I literally dont know anything about mariotehplumber but this tweet made me laugh so hard. Dude, type source into a thesaurus lol.

source.JPG

This would be funny as satire.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
So, who else is just.... flat out not going to sleep tomorrow night?

Knowing me, I'll sleep right through it if I try to wake up too early, and I'll also be an idiot and spoil myself like August's.
Considering Wednesdays are my longer workdays, if anything, I might wake up earlier than anticipated on Thursday morning for the direct. That is, of course, dependent on whether or not the hype gets to me tomorrow night and I have a harder time going to sleep. :laugh:

At least I'll be able to catch the direct before I head into work, with about 45 minutes to spare, so I'm grateful for that.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
View attachment 173847
The truth about the insiders since this morning
Another post that is going to be amazing read after the direct regardless of whether is the leak is true or false. Thanks!

Hey, just made an account after lurking for the past week due to all the rumors and leaks and whatnot.

My theory is that Smashboard mods posted the grinch leak to spur speculation and get people to make accounts.
Welcome aboard! Your theory could be on point. Many people are joining including me recently.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can someone on team fake compile all the reasons why the leak could be fake? I'd like to compare what reasons I have for believing and what reasons I have to not so I can decide how hyped I wanna be before Thursday to make sure I dont get too overhyped and end up absolutely being crushed if the leak is fake.
No Incineroar
Some characters are actually assists
some problems with the background
The roster being too good to be true
7 Characters seem a bit much
The Snapchatter's name not being blurred out all the way

There's a lot more, but these are just the major ones

Ramen please, you've read my post, there's more then just the broken clocks thing
I believe it is indeed him, I just think it was an elaborate hoax

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The background appears to be reverse engineered from the ground up. Team Real tends to claim it my only appear to be this way because of blur and compression, but some changes we have a hard time buying are because of that. Not to mention that these changes are all in places that are obscured by characters in the officially confirmed banners, which is very hard to believe is purely due to coincidence.

You aren't going to convince me "Snapchat compression" managed to magically change the shapes and positions of those crystals in the third panel.

It appears to us that the leaker didn't know there was a blank version of the background available and thus had to create his own in order to move all the characters around. This seems like very convincing evidence against the leak to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are we still going back and forth about the leak? Good lord, we really do go in circles lol.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if there's any character besides Mario who would be involved in a cinematic with him, it's Rosalina with her astral powers. I could see this as a deliberate hint/reminder to people who forgot Rosalina exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom