• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I don't believe MTP would be involved. Besides his Rosalina stunt, there's no way he would have any place in The Grinch Leak. I have dealt with him when i was younger and at a time when he was hovering around the Sonic Community. He's always been a hovering face that plays low and Cannibalises on the attention of others. I fell for that as a kid.

I heavily doubt his involvement in the leak as Chadondorf leak as MTP wouldn't have said things such as
"the team made the impossible **** happen" and stating notes outside of the Banner leak that the only way it can be confirmed is in the Upcoming Direct.

Since NOV 2010 i had some history and encounters with MTP and Balish. If you want proof of my past history, i'll share a audio file if you wish to hear.

TL;DR Don't bite into him. He's a Cannibal Troll with a Revolving Door of Ideals.
Who was the one that suggested MTP was involved in the first place?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If they can give Pac-Man arms and legs, then it can't be too much of a stretch to give one to an L-block.

I mean I know Pac-Man has an official design with appendages but it's still not out of the possibility!

It works damnit!
Pac-Man has had the design he has in Smash since ****ing forever. But of course, no one knows that since no one played the Pac-Man World games.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
*wakes up to freaking MTP being tied to the H
Grinch leak*

Easy fix. If he has the pics before 4chan, we can compare the quality of the leaked 4chan version and the MTP version in certain areas (IE Little Mac's shoe) and see if there's a difference between the 4chan version and MTP version, since 4chan compresses the hell out of their stuff.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The fact that I can say "MarioTehPlumber has implied that he is actually Chadondorf, and therefore a key player in the Grinch Leak" on this thread and everyone understands what I'm saying 100% shows how wild this ride has truly gotten compared to where we were back in March when we didn't even know the games name.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
*wakes up to freaking MTP being tied to the H
Grinch leak*

Easy fix. If he has the pics before 4chan, we can compare the quality of the leaked 4chan version and the MTP version in certain areas (IE Little Mac's shoe) and see if there's a difference between the 4chan version and MTP version, since 4chan compresses the hell out of their stuff.
Also new Bubsy game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except we bring up the ESRB leak regularly
Besides that, some just want to give the fans what they want, information. Not all are doing it to spite a company or gain fame. Sure, they exist too, but there's many reasons.

Problem is in many of these cases they're also risking their jobs or making it possible for them to get sued, etc. So it's fun for us to find out more, but it's risky for them to give the information.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I've been pushing for Tetris for several months now. It would make a legitimately great, iconic character that everyone would recognize. In fact, I'd argue it's the most recognizable potential video game character of all.
Please tell me that you are joking about Tetris being greatest character for smash.

I don't see that tetris have potential to join smash or the fact that there's ****ing blocks that can be mashed to make up person.

Shroob

Sup?
So, who else is just.... flat out not going to sleep tomorrow night?

Knowing me, I'll sleep right through it if I try to wake up too early, and I'll also be an idiot and spoil myself like August's.

Untouch

Smash Master
That picture of his discord that's going around smells like bull**** to me.
I wasn't here when the pictures were originally posted, but were they all already contained in 1 image like that? I don't think they were.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Insiders and Leakers all the same to me. They both want Internet fame by posting info about Ultimate, but unfortunetly for them, they'll be forgetten by the time you can say "Who?".
I find it hilarious that there were people from before who tried to guilt trip us for not believing them, but let's be real. If it wasn't for Smash, most of these insiders and leakers would be complete nobodies.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Weird that all this MTP theorizing comes after he deletes all the videos that this evidence supposedly comes from. Very easy to claim there's a frame of a video hiding the "smoking gun" Discord interaction when no one can check it any more.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Knowing me, I'll sleep right through it if I try to wake up too early, and I'll also be an idiot and spoil myself like August's.
Me, I already have a hard time sleeping anyways...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they can give Pac-Man arms and legs, then it can't be too much of a stretch to give one to an L-block.

I mean I know Pac-Man has an official design with appendages but it's still not out of the possibility!

It works damnit!
Pac Man has been depicted with at least legs from the very beginning

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Tetris has characters?
As funny as a fighting Tetrisman would be, I'd prefer Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo as a puzzle rep with a Puyo Puyo Tetris stage and then Tee from PPT as an assist who drops Tetris blocks. That seems more plausible.

That said, I would love some Tetris rep! I've loved that game since before birth, apparently - Mum once told me whenever she'd play it while pregnant I'd start kicking. Makes me laugh. Tetris DS is one of my favorite games on the DS and Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of my favorite games on the Switch!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I unfortunately can't watch the direct until after work, about 5 hours after it airs. But it'll be with a good friend of mine and I really hope the Grinch will finally be vindicated.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd say a theoretical Geno character icon would be the iconic Bowser's Castle with Exor implanted in it, but Simon and Richter have claimed the castle, as it were.

So I'd just throw in the Mushroom anyway.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Last week I decided to check out some videos of the Game & Watch Gallery games to see if they were worth buying and something that immediately caught my attention was the music.
This one being my personal favourite but how have we not yet gotten a medley of these songs in the Flat Zone stages? Or maybe we have with the main song for Flat Zone and Flat Zone 2. Always just sounded like random noises being used to make music though.

As for the Direct, thankfully I have Thursday off so I can watch it in full. Was working duirng E3 so I got to watch all of that direct EXCEPT for the damn Ridley trailer during a break. I've also been content with Smash Ultimate since Wolf was confirmed and I've been enjoying the mechanic changes like nerfing dodge spam and air dodge changes so I don't have to worry about a character not getting in like I did with Sm4sh. Though, if we somehow got Galacta Knight in any way aside from the palette reference, that'd be cool too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I may or may not be skipping my morning classes for the Direct....so.....
Now I'm tempted to skip it too. I have class that morning as well. I might just load up the video on my laptop during class and not watch it, then watch it after class

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I wonder what some other things we can see besides characters will be. Pretty safe to assume we will see the main single player mode, maybe even with multiplayer included, and from a previous rumor, an online tournament mode. I'm still hoping for an expanded smash run mode where we can see other players on the field, and hopefully getting access to a large dump of music on the website.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think two things have happened:

1. Nintendo knew that they couldn't stop leaks. Every iteration of Smash leaks. Instead of spending resources to prevent leaks, they went the opposite and intentionally leaked varying and false information. That's why no 'Insiders' align. It's created a big game of Chinese Whispers.

2. Genuine Insiders and 'Insiders' both trying to give out information at once. Genuine Insiders getting frustrated and snappy. 'Insiders' being more and more trolly. Results in a more volatile community where fans pick sides and make divides.

It's been rough. We only have to hold out for another couple of days.

DLC speculation is never this tumultuous.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Question for the curious man, how early did the August direct leak before the presentation?

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
rip to everyone who's going to miss the live direct.
I just have an 8 a.m class that ends at 9, so everyone else who's actually COOL, can go crazy with me.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

"Forgetting the exact bedtime and went to sleep at 2 am or 3am" type of guy here. I have been trying to control my sleeping schedule for some while but I have progress in controllng it, but I have some small naps.

Make that worse when you have class at 8am in the morning. but that isn't case for direct on this thursday,

Wambo

Smash Ace
This is all I have left to say at this point, and I'm using this 2013 TerminalMontage video to say it.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Me as I debate not going to one of my tutorials to watch the Smash direct.

On one hand, losing marks.

On the other hand, smash direct.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
He's never said to know the final newcomers, he's always said he has no idea the final count.

D

Deleted member

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but, assuming the leak is real, what if we aren't getting 5-6 different newcomer cinematics and they just condense a bunch of them into a cinematic for a story mode/Spirits?
Open with Geno, Spirits trailer somewhere in the direct that dumps Chorus Kids, Isaac, Mach Rider, and maybe Inceneroar, then end with Banjo. Then Ken and Shadow are just given a bit of time like Chrom and Dark Samus. It would be an elegant way to stuff a bunch of newcomers into a single direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

If I go to sleep early I can catch the direct in time.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm gonna barely be able to watch the Direct, because almost right after it finishes, I have to leave for work...
I'm still gonna be cutting it kinda close though...
That being said, I'm still glad that it's working out on my end...

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
are you new to smash speculation or what...? insiders almost always have information that they keep close to their chest, either to protect their sources or themselves or to keep the surprise going. the fact that they are all coming out with the information that they likely known for months isn't strange: thanks to vergeben we might already know the final newcomers and the final roster is probably going to be revealed this week. there's no reason to remain quiet at this point.
I don't remember anywhere near the same amount of insiders coming out of nowhere towards the end Smash 4's prerelease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom