• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow is going to be a very long day, I really hope the Grinch leak is real, I've been wanting Banjo/Kazooie since Melee. I'm also interested to see Mach Rider, Part of me thinks they would just be the slow Captain Falcon echo since Ganondorf has some modifications. But ideally I see Mach Rider as a combination of Samus and Captain Falcon with Wario's motorcycle attack.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, I'm staring to think that obsessing over leaks are this fanbase's equivalent to a cocaine addiction.
During info droughts, it's all we have. Other discussions are either repeated ad-nauseum, or ignored entirely.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I disregarded all of the speculation surrounding mariotehplumber because I assumed he was just trying to attract attention and it would go nowhere. It sounds like there's been some interesting developments however. Does anyone have a recap of all of the information connecting him to the leak?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Before Grinch:

Only vergeben knows anything.

2-3 other people might know a little, and they agree with vergeben.

All the game channels and Youtubers talk about every leak being possible and real from box theory to Prima to vergeben too even the stupid toenail leak.

After Grinch:

EVERYONE and their pet monkeys knows the entire roster and every character that is in it. They can say with absolute 100% authority that they know the Grinch Leak is fake and they are right. Proof? Evidence? Anything to indicate they all know? Maybe even past Smash leaks that were right? Nope. They don't have jack.

They all just magically know now after months of nothing. The complete roster of which they can not tell us, just to trust them.

Something isn't adding up. I don't blame anyone for not believing the leak (I'm still on Team 50/50, and Sakurai's words from before make me have my doubts), but you have to admit something is wrong here.
Ok, I ain't as quick as everyone else to distrust the insiders, but it's pretty damning that this statement is 100% true.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you guys have processed how huge having a Tetris character in Smash would be!

Tetris:
- is widely considered to be the best video game ever sold
- was essential to the initial launch of the GameBoy due to the massive legal entanglement it was involved in ("Tetris made Game Boy")
- is a cultural icon that can be recognized by literally anyone with a brain cell
- is the best-selling video game of all time across all platforms

Amidst other reasons. Third party characters have to be iconic across the globe. There is no game more recognizable than Tetris.

This is not a joke. This would be a landmark character and would solidify Smash as "the biggest crossover in gaming history"!
ok but its literally a square. if anything it'll be an AT.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can he really get in trouble for posting it though? I mean according to this the person at fault would be the one to post it in their discord in the first place, right?
He's still possibly the one to leak the information on 4chan by being the Ganondorf Leaker...
If you ask me that just reeks of lawsuit...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But he's still relevant and is getting a new game...AND IT'S COMING TO SWITCH
And only one of his games was ever published in Japan, and even then, it was just the first game's SNES version.

The only way he'd stand a chance at all is if he was memed harder than Goku, Shrek, Waluigi, Dante, Funky Kong, Knuckles and Lanky Kong combined

Polan

Smash Lord
Before Grinch:

Only vergeben knows anything.

2-3 other people might know a little, and they agree with vergeben.

All the game channels and Youtubers talk about every leak being possible and real from box theory to Prima to vergeben too even the stupid toenail leak.

After Grinch:

EVERYONE and their pet monkeys knows the entire roster and every character that is in it. They can say with absolute 100% authority that they know the Grinch Leak is fake and they are right. Proof? Evidence? Anything to indicate they all know? Maybe even past Smash leaks that were right? Nope. They don't have jack.

They all just magically know now after months of nothing. The complete roster of which they can not tell us, just to trust them.

Something isn't adding up. I don't blame anyone for not believing the leak (I'm still on Team 50/50, and Sakurai's words from before make me have my doubts), but you have to admit something is wrong here.
are you new to smash speculation or what...? insiders almost always have information that they keep close to their chest, either to protect their sources or themselves or to keep the surprise going. the fact that they are all coming out with the information that they likely known for months isn't strange: thanks to vergeben we might already know the final newcomers and the final roster is probably going to be revealed this week. there's no reason to remain quiet at this point.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Man I've only been in this community since Smash 4 hype days but I've never seen the community this split over a leak. Has anything like this ever happened before (besides ESRB)?

Also hello 588 guests.
Are we really that split though? The poll yesterday showed like 85% team real, no? ESRB leak man we kept finding evidence non-stop. Grinch leak so far has nothing going against it. It's weird because I'm 95% sold but I've once been crited in Fire Emblem by a 5% chance crit so I know how it feels

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I don't believe MTP would be involved. Besides his Rosalina stunt, there's no way he would have any place in The Grinch Leak. I have dealt with him when i was younger and at a time when he was hovering around the Sonic Community. He's always been a hovering face that plays low and Cannibalises on the attention of others. I fell for that as a kid.

I heavily doubt his involvement in the Chadondorf leak as MTP wouldn't have said things such as
"the team made the impossible **** happen" and stating notes outside of the Banner leak that the only way it can be confirmed is in the Upcoming Direct.

Since NOV 2010 i had some history and encounters with MTP and Balish. If you want proof of my past history, i'll share a audio file if you wish to hear.

TL;DR Don't bite into him. He's a Cannibal Troll with a Revolving Door of Ideals.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
About the guy who bought all those Rosalina dolls... I mean amiibo’s years ago. What did he ever do with them? Like he bought like over 1000?

Shroob

Sup?
Are we really that split though? The poll yesterday showed like 85% team real, no? ESRB leak man we kept finding evidence non-stop. Grinch leak so far has nothing going against it. It's weird because I'm 95% sold but I've once been crited in Fire Emblem by a 5% chance crit so I know how it feels
To be fair, there's no middle ground option for people who don't lean one way or another.

Example: I haven't voted at all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd also like to mention that I don't think a lack of music tonight means we're automatically getting a new character. For all we know, Incineroar could be revealed with some sort of remix relating to Gen VII.

I mean, I hope it's a new series. That would be lovely.

In regards to the Tetris thing...I think Tetris is one of those series that doesn't need a playable character to be a part of the greatest crossover in gaming history. This is quite literally making a character out of a series without characters. you could argue Game & Watch, but...eh. I'd be far more hyped by a Tetris stage. That, to me, would be far more iconic.

I'm quite suprised no one has commented on my change in avatar. I may change it back. We'll see. Either that, or Noipoi Noipoi with his Scoli art!

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I don't think you guys have processed how huge having a Tetris character in Smash would be!

Tetris:
- is widely considered to be the best video game ever sold

This is not a joke. This would be a landmark character and would solidify Smash as "the biggest crossover in gaming history"!
Best video game ever sold? This is definitely a joke.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So do we think the DK series will receive another assist trophy? I think so, since they are underrepped in that area, plus Sakurai could do much more than just Klaptrap.
(Please no Dixie assist Sakurai)
Probably not, it’s likely that there isn’t anyone else Sakurai feels like adding plus the Klaptrap, Gangplank remix, and K.Rool’s inclusion may imply that the new DK content is solely based around K.Rool.

That said, I’d love to see Lanky.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If they can give Pac-Man arms and legs, then it can't be too much of a stretch to give one to an L-block.

I mean I know Pac-Man has an official design with appendages but it's still not out of the possibility!

It works damnit!

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
Listening to the new GameXplain discussion has me doubting the leak unfortunately. Originally it seemed possible that 'insiders' had conflicting information because that info was out of date (Gematsu information) but with Jon and his otter image clearly indicating he knew the direct was coming, his source seems to still be active. If he's still demonstrating predictive abilities, it's less reasonable to write off his other predictions given his track record, even if he's not sharing his evidence beyond 'We had reason to believe it was fake.'

I'm sure they have good reason they feel they can't, but I wish they could just say why they don't believe the grinch leak. It's easy to infer they have a source either confirming or deconfirming at least one character that conflicts with the banner, but then they go on to say that speculation will be totally spoiler free. Feels like they're being disingenuous.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

HOW'D I NOT SEE THIS??
It looks freaking good dude!!

(Oh, and who's the "Toucan" person on the star? I don't know too many users with toucan in their name. Hmmm... XD)

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe MTP would be involved. Besides his Rosalina stunt, there's no way he would have any place in The Grinch Leak. I have dealt with him when i was younger and at a time when he was hovering around the Sonic Community. He's always been a hovering face that plays low and Cannibalises on the attention of others. I fell for that as a kid.

I heavily doubt his involvement in the leak as Chadondorf wouldn't have said such as
"the team made the impossible **** happen" and stating notes outside of the Banner leak that the only way it can be confirmed is in the Upcoming Direct.

Since NOV 2010 i had some history and encounters with MTP and Balish. If you want proof of my past history, i'll share a audio file if you wish to hear.

TL;DR Don't bite into him. He's a Cannibal Troll with a Revolving Door of Ideals.
Not of what you said proves anything though, we're just saying he leaked the photos out of spite

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If they can give Pac-Man arms and legs, then it can't be too much of a stretch to give one to an L-block.

I mean I know Pac-Man has an official design with appendages but it's still not out of the possibility!

It works damnit!
What is that monster, burn this **** with fire. i don't want to see it again

D

Deleted member

Insiders and Leakers all the same to me. They both want Internet fame by posting info about Ultimate, but unfortunetly for them, they'll be forgetten by the time you can say "Who?".

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
I've been pushing for Tetris for several months now. It would make a legitimately great, iconic character that everyone would recognize. In fact, I'd argue it's the most recognizable potential video game character of all.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm starting to get exhausted from "insiders" but someone who I don't know posted this.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ead-about-nothing.77842/page-82#post-14407624
They're obviously not going to give evidence but they say first party.
Isaac?
I don't think Incineroar would incriminate anyone and they said it gives them hope.
Not very useful info imo, pretty much the same stuff we’ve been hearing lately. Real or fake the banner leak was definitely not made as a meme, actual effort went into it which can’t be said for 99% of other leaks.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Thank you! You included me! <3
Im so happy!

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Random thought. I know Geno’s a Mario character, but I like to think if he got in, his symbol would be the Invincibility Star to signify the Star Road.

ignore kirby’s Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom