• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh my god, don't tell he's the one behind the entire leak.
MTP is apparently claiming to be the one behind the leak.

Of course, what he doesn't realise is that this would mean that he is guilty of Defamation and Identity Theft and risks prosecution as a result.

So that's that, I guess.

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Yes guys just to reiterate: MTP would not have faked the leak, he just posted the actual pictures on 4chan and made the Chadnondorf post

Here's a picture of the Discord, again, easily fakeable but it's probably not with all the other evidence that he posted the pictures:

Mod Edit: image contains uncensored cursing. If you wish to show it again either censor the word or post a Link to it instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Apparently some known troll who bought a bunch of Rosalina amiibos so people couldn’t get them.

People think he’s Chad Ganondorf for some reason and that it couldn’t possibly be he’s just looking for attention and wants to be recognized again.
Oh, he's that asshole. Can't say I'm too happy with him over the amiibo stunt.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
It's more that if MTP fabricated the leak he would have wrongfully dragged not only Eric, but an entire company's reputation through the mud for the sake of a joke.
yea but the person was wondering what the *artist* did if it was fake, not how mtp put a picture on 4chan lol

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
My bad, I never watch GameXplain's discussion videos because they're too long for me. I'm still holding onto Jon's comments about Shadow though.
Jon backpeddled on Shadow in the same video. I wouldn’t put much stock into his Smash expertise. Half of GX thinks Shadow will be playable.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Final Smash reveals are L-block, James Bond, Chunky Kong, Geno as a Mega Man echo, and Dr. Luigi (original). Incineroar is a stage.

Potato_

Smash Lord
If MTP is Chadndorf, which he is, him saying "these 3 well requested characters are all cut btw"

He's the kinda prick to do that
Are you saying that (assuming it is him) he essentially included that part solely as a giant middle finger to the people who wanted them?

Because following the theory he'd have no way of knowing they were cut right?

but also yes I agree he probably would do that

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Jon backpeddled on Shadow in the same video. I wouldn’t put much stock into his Smash expertise. Half of GX thinks Shadow will be playable.
He definitely has some kind of info, because I seriously doubt anybody could have predicted Kirby's Epic Yarn of all things getting a 3DS port. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
MTP isn't a bright person. He used to get riled up and flamed on Tumblr all the time by people obviously trolling him on his Tumblr account.

It's easily believable as well that someone would make a fake leak and send it to him because they know he'd be the type to brag about it and also fall for it hook line and sinker.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm worried about this direct if the Grinch Leak ends up being fake. People are so into it, I feel like the backlash is gonna be really bad if it ends up just being Incineroar and Ken.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If mariotehplumber is behind the Grinch Leak, real or fake, I'm fine with it, because he'd face legal repercussions either way. To put it in the words of a Tumblr post I saw:

If it’s real, he’s responsible for leaking sensitive information from Nintendo, can get sued by Nintendo AND by his friend (or friend of a friend or complete stranger) Eric who he had either tried to frame or who is also in trouble for breaking NDA.

If it’s fake, then he gets sued like hell by BOTH printing companies thought to be a part of this fiasco because it severely damages their reputations and their relationship with Nintendo.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
People, do not give mariotehplumber a single second of your attention. I distinctly remember him from the Smash 4 days and seeing him now again has left me disgusted at how he hasn't changed at all. Regardless of whether he is responsible for anything, do not give him the time of day. Please.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Because Nintendo themselves said this was the 'final' smash Direct. That seems pretty definitive is most people's eyes.
Yeah the final smash direct. But that same site that predicted the direct this week is saying thee's some sort of other direct in November as well, could be a general or mini direct.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
MTP is factually the real life grinch with none of the charm
I want to see the part where MTP learns the true meaning of Christmas and decides to hand out all those Rosalina amiibo to everyone. The Grinch didn't just have charm, he had something even better; character development.

Man I feel like I appreciate Dr.Suess even more as an adult then I did as a kid.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
oh no he's going to kill his own creation and cancel ultimate
The Directs starts
"Hello, I'm Masahiro Sakurai. I'm here to inform you today that we have decided to cancel Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Never ask me for anything ever again..."
*The last 40 minutes are him just staring at the camera*

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Oh **** I realized something

Bubsy actually has a chance of being in smash now
He's always had a "chance" because his games have appeared on Nintendo systems...but given his horrible reputation and that his series' revival has only come after the rumored initial planning period for smash 5, it's not worth serious consideration or angst.

inb4 Bubsy is marquee DLC

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Let's put this into perspective

You think they're gonna save the final reveal to top off a true, grand 40-minute Smash spectacular and have all the characters prepared for full-on marketing for over a month...

...or for a small spotlight in a general Direct weeks later.

That's why the final roster, DLC not included, will be in the Nov 1st one.
This doesn't make any sense considering the spotlight for a general direct is way higher, they get more viewers and a more diverse audience.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
If mariotehplumber is behind the Grinch Leak, real or fake, I'm fine with it, because he'd face legal repercussions either way. To put it in the words of a Tumblr post I saw:

If it’s real, he’s responsible for leaking sensitive information from Nintendo, can get sued by Nintendo AND by his friend (or friend of a friend or complete stranger) Eric who he had either tried to frame or who is also in trouble for breaking NDA.

If it’s fake, then he gets sued like hell by BOTH printing companies thought to be a part of this fiasco because it severely damages their reputations and their relationship with Nintendo.
Well, I wonder what he would say for his defense in court if that happened? I bet he'd say something immature and nonsensical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom