• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
>Isaac is first character revealed in a sexy trailer.
>Shadow and Ken are announced in a similar manner to Chrom/Dark Samus.
>Mid-way trailer: Chorus Men.
>Final three trailers are shown. The first is Mach Rider.
>Second trailer Geno.
>Screen goes black and fades into a familiar forest setting. A familiar furry hand knocks on the screen. Familiar music plays. Suddenly...

"GAHYUCK"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think the real question we need to be asking ourselves is which character dies next in the inevitable newcomer trailer?

Can we get a thread poll for this? lol
Maybe next newcomers would be decent people and won't kill veterans (or bring enemies that will kill them alongside with them), you know, like Isabelle.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
A 40 minute direct revealing 7 characters is kinda wild. Ive always been neutral on this leak but I just don't see how they'll do 7 reveals in 40 minutes plus all the other new info they need to reveal. But hey whatever happens at least it'll end all the speculation about the leak.... Until dlc time lol

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
With Richter as an echo, if Ken as an echo, it makes no sense to not have Shadow as an echo.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Aight folks, place your bets here.
Who will we see in the direct? Will it be a character from the Grinch leak, or will it be Incineroar? Maybe both?
I'm hoping the banner is true. If the Grinch banner is incorrect, and this is the final blow out:

69. Incineroar
70. Isaac

38e. Shadow
60e. Ken

71. Geno
72. Banjo & Kazooie

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Good, it will be aired in my lunch time so I could see it properly. Go Dixie, go Banjo!

And.... What happened with the new thread?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
E3 Direct: 25 minutes
August Direct: 27 minutes
November Direct: 40 minutes

This direct is almost 50% longer than the last 2. I'm pretty sure the banner leak could be justifiably revealed here in it's entirety, especially since Ridley, K. Rool and Isabelle all have only been revealed via a 2-3 minute trailer and never described.

Not to mention Shadow and Ken would take probably take only a few minutes to show off too.

I think this really can support it.

Edit: actually more like 80% longer. It's nearly double the E3 direct time lol

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
66 characters got confirmed in the E3 Direct, which was 25 minutes long. This means that this Direct, being 40 minutes long, will confirm 105.6 characters.

Simple maths. Everyone is here!

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Unless the focus is on Spirits + the entire Grinch banner, the Grinch leak is fake. That's 7 reveals packed in one Smash Direct, which is actually bull****.
Every 5 minutes Sakurai gets interupted by a character trailer. I can see it now...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The least I hope is to getting my Hanafuda prediction right. I need to win the bet I made with Cutie Gwen. >:3

I also hope to get some newcomer predictions right with this Smash Direct. But 5 unique at max. I hope for a lot of unique newcomer reveals, but that seems extremely unlikely. :(

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, uh, the Direct just so happens to start around the time I'm working.

What's the strat for watching it spoiler free again?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Man, I really hope this week a direct gets anno-

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!1

SOMEBODY BETTER GATHER SOME COAL BECAUSE THE HYPE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
11.1.2018 is Rusev Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

The Golden Sun will rise for Rusev Day...

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm hoping the banner is true. If the Grinch banner is incorrect, and this is the final blow out:

69. Incineroar
70. Isaac

38e. Shadow
60e. Ken

71. Geno
72. Banjo & Kazooie
I doubt we'll have three guest characters announced in one Direct
NO.
i hope not anyway
They said that it's the final one

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
All Smash NX needs to be is an enhanced port of Smash Wii U. Collate the stages from both versions, add DLC to the base game, add a couple of extra characters/stages and if they're feeling particularly kind a couple of modes.
Yes. Story Mode. I know that Brawl is considered a 'Tabuu' generally, but the Subspace Emissary was great, to me at least. With all of these new characters, imagine the story mode! It could also be a quicker way to unlock a lot of the roster, similarly to how you could unlock all of the roster in Subspace, bar Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD AND I CAN CATCH IT LIVE

I hope it's the Grinch characters and Incineroar...but if one gets disproved for Elma or Ayumi I won't cry. Unless, maybe if it's Isaac.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
E3 Direct: 25 minutes
August Direct: 27 minutes
November Direct: 40 minutes

This direct is almost 50% longer than the last 2. I'm pretty sure the banner leak could be justifiably revealed here in it's entirety, especially since Ridley, K. Rool and Isabelle all have only been revealed via a 2-3 minute trailer and never described.

Not to mention Shadow and Ken would take probably take only a few minutes to show off too.

I think this really can support it.
If we compare to the August Direct, which revealed 2 newcomers and 3 echoes, we definitely have plenty of time in 40 minutes to announce 5 newcomers and 2 echoes. That’s about another 5-8 minutes to add on to, and there’s still be space to talk about more!

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Just getting a break from work to find out we not only have a direct, but it's also a whopping 40!!! Minutes long!

Spirits will take up around 15 minutes at most - leaving 25 for characters, stages, modes minimum. Honestly, a lot of complaints about the grinch leak were that there was no way Sakurai would have enough time to reveal 5 newcomers and 2 echos in a single direct - now it appears he has enough time.

Grinch vs. the world Thursday 10 AM EST.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I guarantee that they're going to bamboozle everyone and reveal something nobody's even thought of yet.

100%.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
God damn it, I have class during the direct. Attendance mandatory too, ****.

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
So, uh, the Direct just so happens to start around the time I'm working.

What's the strat for watching it spoiler free again?
Don't bring your phone, laptop or PC to work unless you need it for it, then to be safe only use the software you need for work. If you need a browser or PC for work, disable all communication-services such as Discord.

Best of luck!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Unless the focus is on Spirits + the entire Grinch banner, the Grinch leak is fake. That's 7 reveals packed in one Smash Direct, which is actually bull****.
It's also like 75% longer than the E3 direct and about 50% longer than the August one. Your point?

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Welp **** me, Ill be in school in that time.
How can I dodge all the spoilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom