• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's certainly possible. The last Direct had 5 characters (2 of which were echoes) in the August Direct, which was 10 minutes less. Possible for 2 more characters in that extra 10 minutes. Incineroar makes sense for a later Nintendo Direct. Only issue is that it *feels* like this means it's the final showcase of characters. We'll know in 2 days either way. *clings onto hope while tempering my expectations*
Quick correction, 3 of the characters were echoes. Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
1:00 AM for us Australians!

Is it Thursday for us too? It's too late for me to bother doing the math now, I'm going to try to get to sleep.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
40 minutes is definitely enough time for 5 uniques and a short trailer for 2 echoes. They did 3 uniques and 2 echoes in 25 minutes. This is not to say this is what will happen, but they could definitely do it in that time frame and have more than enough time to discuss spirits and other stuff.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
>last Direct was 27 minutes and revealed practically half of the entire game + five newcomers
>this Direct is prospected to be roughly 40 minutes

I'm feeling Grinched.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
PREDICTION: 99.9% chance that Smash Ultimate preloads will begin after the Direct to coincide with the release of the bundle the next day.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I personally dont think it being the final smash direct means it'll be the last time we hear of Smash. If there is another direct this month, they could very well keep a character reveal for it.

beans

Smash Lord
Holy Shot it did
When will it be tough, I want to be free for it but cause timezone mess I will only be free in 12 am japan time

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Lets hope Website guy doesnt get trigger happy with uploading the music today, we dont want to bury him next to Eric Bricard and Spawnwave in the Smash Graveyard.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Worst case scenario: box theory is true and we get Kencineroar (anticlimatic final reveals imo)
Second best case scenario: Grinch theory is true and we get all those characters from that leak
Best case scenario: both are wrong and we end up getting 4+ new unique fighters who are actually cool

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I personally dont think it being the final smash direct means it'll be the last time we hear of Smash. If there is another direct this month, they could very well keep a character reveal for it.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
We only have two days to wait. That's 10am my time...so I guess I won't be sleeping on time.

Then again I never do...

D

Deleted member

Moment of silence for the fact that we will never see Etika's reaction to what is going to be the true magnum opus of Directs.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I have a feeling that if we really do get 7 characters then they won't be spending time in the Direct showing them off, I think they'll show the trailers with the little snippet of gameplay for each and save the in depth explanations of each character for the Treehouse. So instead of roughly 20 minutes of character announcements, you cut that down to 10 or less.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Things they need to talk about
• Spirits Mode
• Any new changes to existing modes like All-Star, Crazy Orders, etc.
• Vault stuff and Games & More stuff.
• Complete base roster reveal.
• Trophies
• More new items and revealing the remaining ATs.
• New stages
• DLC.
• Character changes that weren’t discussed in the the E3 Presentation.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think the real question we need to be asking ourselves is which character dies next in the inevitable newcomer trailer?

Can we get a thread poll for this? lol

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Nintendo for once gives me a direct that doesn't conflict with my job. I am please by that. -bip!-

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Unless the focus is on Spirits + the entire Grinch banner, the Grinch leak is fake. That's 7 reveals packed in one Smash Direct, which is actually bull****.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anything, it's likely to be the last one until DLC content happens, anyway.

Also, I finally edited my sig. Let's do this.

Last edited:

Hi_PapaGenos

Smash Rookie

I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD I TOLD !!!!!!111111!!!1111!1!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I seem to be lucky this time to see this, 10 AM EST is gonna end up 4 PM EET around my parts. Just got to make it early from my studies.

On that end, I hope to record my reactions on a full-blown video for this one. Though I bet 40 minutes is gonna be a lot to record...

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Moment of silence for the fact that we will never see Etika's reaction to what is going to be the true magnum opus of Directs.
Nahhh, not necessarily. Did you see how he was streaming on stream.me, I believe yesterday if I'm not mistaken? As long as he's aware of the Direct, I think he'll stream his reactions.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
You guys are all thinking there's gonna be enough time for the entire Grinch leak to be announced. Boy, have I got news for you. There's barely going to be enough time to go over one character.
Are you forgetting the obvious, guys? The opening scene is going to be the first 35 minutes of Shrek, and then a five-minute clip of the Ogre himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom