• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If we have only one direct left, I'm not sure if I can believe Grinch leak. Anyway, it's a good time for me, it's freaking forty minutes and it's not like I ever had big hopes placed in a ton of characters. A few days and we can finally talk about something substantial (or Intern-kun leaks stuff again).

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I'm at work during the direct, but can watch as long as it isn't busy. Usually I end up having to pause and rewind, especially since it's unlikely I don't have to do something in a 40 minute time period. Here's to everybody's favorite getting confirmed!

NineS

Smash Lord
**** the Grinch! I don't care about leaks at this point.
Who's getting in?
I'm willing to bargain with Nekoo Nekoo for my character!

I'll even give bargain with persona fans for this one!
tumblr_oobv5xpC1N1sp211vo1_1280.jpg

Whatever it takes! **** the Grinch! **** leaks! Let's get this over with!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
>Spawn Wave is in a 10-0 streak so far with the Direct announcement

PLEASE BE RIGHT ABOUT THE VGA ANNOUNCEMENT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP NOW
I want this leak to be real, insiders to be right about Incineroar but just DLC or announced later or something, and Spawnwave to be right about VGA/Sora hints.

Best of ****ing everything

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Aight folks, place your bets here.
Who will we see in the direct? Will it be a character from the Grinch leak, or will it be Incineroar? Maybe both?

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I'm so hyped! :happysheep:
And it will also be at 3 P.M. here, so I just have to use some of my overtime to leave work early.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy here we go.
We are getting more than one character, that's for sure. 40 minutes is A LOT of time to talk and talk about different things, and they don't have that much to talk about. Oh god god I'm so nervous.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Castlevania stuff got 6:30 of time.
Excluding Alucard and Richter, it was about 5:30 minutes.
The two echos got about 3 minutes together, that'd be about 30 minutes just dedicated to character reveals.
Castlevania was a brand new 3rd party series with an incredibly rich history though, so obviously it got a ton of spotlight as it naturally had a lot of content in the game. I don't think we can spend 6 minutes talking about Mach Rider, Chorus Kids or even Geno, only Banjo and maybe Isaac can stretch it that far imo.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Seeing as there’s a Smash Direct on Thursday, it’s time for me to be going to my college class now.

I really don’t wanna go though...

Dayseh

Smash Rookie
>Spawn Wave is in a 10-0 streak so far with the Direct announcement

PLEASE BE RIGHT ABOUT THE VGA ANNOUNCEMENT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP NOW
Did he say who is supposed to be announced at the VGAs or did he just say that there will be something at the VGAs?

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
wow way too fast , and 40 min is long... it also says FINAL smash bros direct before release.. meaning we will know all we want to know and all the non dlc characters are comming....

one question what was the longest smash only direct ever?

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
REJOICE

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If we have only one direct left, I'm not sure if I can believe Grinch leak. Anyway, it's a good time for me, it's freaking forty minutes and it's not like I ever had big hopes placed in a ton of characters. A few days and we can finally talk about something substantial (or Intern-kun leaks stuff again).
It's certainly possible. The last Direct had 5 characters (2 3 of which were echoes) in the August Direct, which was 10 minutes less. Possible for 2 more characters in that extra 10 minutes. Incineroar makes sense for a later Nintendo Direct. Only issue is that it *feels* like this means it's the final showcase of characters. We'll know in 2 days either way. *clings onto hope while tempering my expectations*

EDIT: Given the correction, it's more complicated. Though, if Mystic's right, two characters may be sharing a trailer.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Me: *Refreshes Nintendo's page and sees nothing*
Me: Sigh... I guess we have to wait...
Me: *Accidentally clicks on refresh again instead of closing and sees the Direct*
Me: Is that a butterfly?

This was my reaction. What about yours?

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I was on the fence with the Grinch, leaning towards fake, but the fact that it’s 40 minutes makes me feel like it may be real. How could just Ken, Incineroar, and Spirits take up that much time?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I swear if Waluigi was promoted to a full fighter via DLC, with how a lot of his fans acted, then Sakurai better promote other popular requests that were made into ATs into playable as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom