• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
TIME FOR THEORIES AND LEAKS TO BE PUT TO ****ING REST

ONLY 48 HOURS UNTIL THE ARGUING CONCLUDES

Untouch

Smash Master
Not to mention a treehouse live segment after the direct. Regardless if the Grinch leak is real or not, this direct must have a ton of info if they are having a live segement afterward
Treehouse is just for other games, but Smash is included so idk, possibly.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think 40 minutes, even when taking Spirits and so on into consideration, is way too much time for them only to release two newcomers (of which one is an echo). In my opinion, this renders the box theory quite implausible right now.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Duke Nukem getting revealed would make everyone's monitors explode, because they can't handle his M-ratedness in Smash.

Speaking of him, some fans of him are having a tissy fit again. :glare:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...aus_with_wahtaboutme_super_smash_bros_protest

Not to mention Master Higgins. Guy was the de facto mascot for Hudson Soft after Bomberman and Bonk. Imagine skateboarding over people (although keeping his stamina up constantly wouldn't be as fun).
also note that Waluigi is now the most requested character that isnt playable , infact before any character were reveled he was NUMBER 2 , Ridley was 3 place , and KING K Rool was 1 , so ya....
1539606763299.png

also i just notice Bandana dee is the only one in the top 3 that isnt a Assist or Playable in the smash 5 polling...

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
If the grinch is real, is 40 minutes enough time to reveal and discuss 7 characters, and talk about spirit mode and the other stuff like trophies we haven’t herd about?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
SpawnWave was right about the Direct, but he also thinks the banner is fake.

We're all about to die on Thursday, aren't we?
Yeah, this does not bode well for the leak imo. Still, I'd be very surprised if we get a 40 minutes Direct and we only get the three insider guarantees (Ken, Incineroar, Square rep), I'm optimistic there's more than that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Forty-eight hours until we know everything.

Hoo boy.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Spawn Wave is in a 10-0 streak so far with the Direct announcement

PLEASE BE RIGHT ABOUT THE VGA ANNOUNCEMENT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP NOW

D

Deleted member

wow guys i cant believe we're about to see sakurai box the grinch in the ring for 40 minutes. what a world we live in

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
HALLELUJAH

IT’S FINALLY HERE

Welp see you guys Thursday!!!

NineS

Smash Lord
**** SQUARE ENIX!
**** SAKURAI
**** **** **** **** **** HOLY **** **** **** **** ****.

We're finally getting it. I'm having an overload. We'll know everything in less than two days.
No more leaks. No more debating until DLC. Peace.
We won't have to worry about who's deconfirmed, and we have be happy with who we have.

Place your bets on the characters!
I just wish October was one day shorter.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
This will be a day long remembered.

It has seen the end of speculation. Soon it will be the end of the Box Theory.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
40 minutes. Damn. They had 5 characters in 30 minutes, I could easily see two more.

...Just like the banner...

*crazy speculation time*

Banner characters in the Smash Direct, Incineroar revealed in a Nintendo Direct coming up in a week or so.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
REMEMBER GUYS, all we need is ONE character to be announced to prove whether the leak is real or fake.

We will know based on their location in the banner.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
If the grinch is real, is 40 minutes enough time to reveal and discuss 7 characters, and talk about spirit mode and the other stuff like trophies we haven’t herd about?
4 minutes per character would mean 28 minutes (which is still generous, considering the fact that Ken and Shadow are echoes), leaving 12 minutes for Spirits and the other stuff. It's doable in my opinion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah yes, of course the Direct gets announced the moment I turn off my pc and check my phone a bit afterwards.
Ah well, better late than never. Will be looking forward to it eitherway. :)

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Well that’s 10 minutes more than the August direct and there’s only two more characters than in that one according to the leak, so it might be possible to reveal all or maybe 5/6 and then 1/2 in the next Nintendo General Direct.

This is IF the leak is real.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I TOOK A NAP AND SAW MY PHONE BLOW UP AS SOON AS I OPENED MY EYES LETS GOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom