• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
My god this community's been especially toxic since the leak. Did we get an influx of 4channers or something? Lots of "reeeee corporate shill" rhetoric going around that's laughably hard to take seriously. Honestly it's no surprise the community's being compared to crazed sycophants by some in the know.
Toxic? Honestly I haven't seen anything toxic in here. The most toxic thing here is my asteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskposting.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
If the leak is real and incineroar isn’t DLC I want to know how the **** all the Insiders got baited or had outdated info

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
There was a lot of back and forth about Isaac supposedly being hastily cut from the banner. It was basically reviving the whole 'Isaac was cut from the last direct due to sensitivity over the recent earthquake'. The bit where he is in the Grinch banner is interestingly where the different parts of the banner on the Smash site are a bit wonky, but then people showed how updates to the banner worked, meaning that it looking weird was inevitable and not necessarily a sign of someone or something being hastily removed.

Then there was something about green pixels on Little Mac's shoe, which was supposed to indicate that Isaac was there. Basically there wasn't any consensus reached and the fact we're closely analysing pixels on Mac's shoe - Mac being the make or break factor in every leak, apparently - shows we're desperately in need of a direct to end this all.
inb4 Photoshopped Shulk

NoA has tweeted, looks like no announcement today.
To be honest, I wanna call the direct to be this week. There is that Live event, and it's possible that they may show the retail version to replace the E3 version.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Yeah, well, I know that it is a bit off but what happened to the "chairs theory" and " missing AT " (plus the moon AT thing)?. I mean, it could be easily hints for a boss fight aaaaaand the whole thing with the chairs was a bit crazy but, idk, it made sense at least for me.

Or maybe I'm just holding onto the dream.

Anyways, even if is not in I'm hoping for DLC. plisu
Chairs meant nothing but yeah the new Moon AT is what I always look back at. Man I hope :(
Not to burst your bubble, but Sonic was developed in 3 months
Unless you have a source that Sakurai said he took 3 months (I 100% could have missed that) then it's simply not true nor believeable. The game was delayed 3 months but that doesn't mean Sonic was made in those 3 months.

I mean that doesn't even make sense there was a working build of him in a demo that November as well as a trailer of him in October before the delay was even announced.

So if you have a source I'll take this all back, my bad for not knowing. But the last thing I want is people spreading misinformation claiming that a smash character can be built from scratch in 3 months.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This thread: "IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!! NINTENDO MADE A FAKE BANNER WITH BANJO, CHORUS KIDS, AND MACH RIDER TO THROW US OFF, BUT MOST OF IT IS STILL REAL BECAUSE ISAAC IS 100% CONFIRMED. OMG CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LEAKED GENO LIKE THAT!!!"

Nintendo: "...These guys are nuts."

Wambo

Smash Ace
My god this community's been especially toxic since the leak. Did we get an influx of 4channers or something? Lots of "reeeee corporate shill" rhetoric going around that's laughably hard to take seriously. Honestly it's no surprise the community's being compared to crazed sycophants by some in the know.
"Lol wow guys, this community is crazy, I'm totally oblivious to the fact that it's been like this since the beginning"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Plus Banjo already has a ton of moves so they don't really have to think up many new ones
So Sonic doesn't? Dunno, like they had nothing to draw from with Wolf, but he still does pretty unique stuff.

Even though their own animations from their own games fit into Smash, they still have to program and animate them. I don't think thinking up moves is the bulk of the work.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The theory that Banjo was decided to be put in the base game at E3 and replaced Incineroar is simply bull****; it takes over a year to create a new Smash character, a unique Banjo is not going to be in an acceptable working state within in a few months.

If the leak is real and Incineroar is DLC, it's'simply Banjo was in the game since December 2015 and Incineroar was a low priority character who couldn't be finished in time for the base game or was deliberate frontline DLC decided later in development.
I wouldn't be so sure of this anymore. I also was skeptical of PapaGenos' theory, but then someone unearthed that E3 interview and what do you ****ing know, another lightning in a bottle "coincidence", Phil Spencer has lunch with Nintendo reps? Hmm...

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Not to burst your bubble, but Sonic was developed in 3 months
Sonic was not developed in 3 months, he was added to Brawl by early 2007, and his inclusion delayed the game to 2008, he still took about a year to create while being rushed and given a lacking moveset.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Toxic? Honestly I haven't seen anything toxic in here. The most toxic thing here is my asteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskposting.
It's specifically targeted towards insiders and those who doubt the leak. Many believe those denying the leak is true are just taking orders from Nintendo to shut up and deny everything.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
This thread: "IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!! NINTENDO MADE A FAKE BANNER WITH BANJO, CHORUS KIDS, AND MACH RIDER TO THROW US OFF, BUT MOST OF IT IS STILL REAL BECAUSE ISAAC IS 100% CONFIRMED. OMG CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LEAKED GENO LIKE THAT!!!"

Nintendo: "...These guys are nuts."
Okay okay, look. To be fair...I was here after you all went insane.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's specifically targeted towards insiders and those who doubt the leak. Many believe those denying the leak is true are just taking orders from Nintendo to shut up and deny everything.
Eeeh... The smash community is garbage sometimes...

In other news, no Parappa or Crash Bandicoot makes the Playstation Classic not worth it...
We're better off sticking with the eventual N64 classic...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Front page be like

:079:
Y o u G u y s S e e n T h e N e w I t e m ?
Look, my dude, it takes a bit of time to write some of this stuff haha
Besides what each article goes through, we don't get paid and a lot of the people involved have lives outside of SmashBoards journalism so sometimes things don't go up immediately.

Sincerely, someone who was heavily part of the item conversation when it was brought up.

Also good morning.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its honestly been like that since the news drought began this month. :/
I'd say that it's far worse now than then. When pessimism is the prevailing train of thought, people's reactions aren't as volatile. When optimism is prevailing, people fight back harder if someone goes against it, breeding toxicity.

People get worse when challenging the status quo is seen as a threat as opposed to a difference of opinion.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The sacred art of hyping responsibly and be open to all types of outcomes, is much harder to practice than I thought.

Still, the rather direct claims from many Insiders were indeed... not very convincing. People were gonna go up in arms anyway on them due such "BS" smelling out of them from far when checking their previous actions or contributions of thoughts on these kind of leaks before.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
He was also inserted into the SSE during that time.... AND Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link were also developed.
Jigglypuff/Wolf/Toon Link were always in Brawl and them being late additions is a blatant misconception; they were simply designated low priority characters alongside the Forbidden Seven who were deemed expendable and liable to get cut if developmental demands necessitated it, and thus kept out of the SSE's story as it would have been impractical to rewrite the story/remake cutscenes to account for cut characters.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Gonna just say this for the sake of this whole threads sanity, don’t put too much hope for a direct this week, next week is the bigger possibility. Halloween is in the middle this week and they likely wouldn’t want to put a direct around a time people are gonna be out for Halloween parties, trick or treating, day of the dead celebration, etc. Don’t know if this also helps the guess, but leakypanda did say that the direct was coming the week of November 5-9 if you trust his word. Also next week is an exact month away from games launch too, so with all that together I’d get much more hype for next week before putting any faith into this week.

D

Deleted member

BANJO FANS ARE THE OPPRESSORS ELMA FANS ARE THE OPPRESSED ELMA GANG RISE UP obvious joke pls no mad

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Sonic was not developed in 3 months, he was added to Brawl by early 2007, and his inclusion delayed the game to 2008, he still took about a year to create while being rushed and given a lacking moveset.
Yeah, I don’t know why people genuinely think Sonic was made in 3 months. He wasn’t added in late in development, he was added back. Sonic was apart of the original roster, then Sega pulled out mid development, then decided to pull back in towards the end. Sonic already had work done on him way beforehand.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
You say we're toxic and yet you're the one using ableist language?

"Reeeeeeeee" is a phrase people used to mock people with autism.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Everything just feels calm now that everybody isn’t trying to rip each other’s throat out. But it’s still weird how Insiders are claiming fake but not giving us a reason besides Incineroar.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
This is what happens when you dangle 8 newcomers in front of people then threaten to yank it away from them.

People were saying "so what if we only get 2 more, it's still a great game" for a solid month, but if anything Grinch has given proof that the community is deeply unsatisfied with that possibility.

And considering what Sakurai has said, it's nobody's but the community's fault. 8 newcomers should be a surprise not an expectation.
Yeah I'ma leave this here as it's exactly what's happening

Very few people were ever actually ok with the Box and threatening to go back to that is horrifying

What's funny is that based on insider reaction the box is also fake

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wouldn't be so sure of this anymore. I also was skeptical of PapaGenos' theory, but then someone unearthed that E3 interview and what do you ****ing know, another lightning in a bottle "coincidence", Phil Spencer has lunch with Nintendo reps? Hmm...
That's a pretty big assumption; to say an agreement was reached just five months ago and Sakurai miraculously scrapped together a unique character within that time. For all we know, Banjo could've been decided back in 2015, and Phil wanted to show support for Nintendo and their new game Smash.

Or we could just go with the simplier answer and say this had nothing to do with Smash and Phil genuinely wanted to have lunch with a few Nintendo reps so he could chat.

D

Deleted member

Eeeh... The smash community is garbage sometimes...

In other news, no Parappa or Crash Bandicoot makes the Playstation Classic not worth it...
We're better off sticking with the eventual N64 classic...
At least it has Metal Gear Solid...

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Huh, really? I always heard the same narrative throughout the years that he was developed under 3 months, that could be fake i guess, sorry for that, didn't mean to spread misinformation. I personally don't believe in the banjo deal was struck and caused incineroar to be dropped at e3 whole thing, just thought that if the sonic development time was that short banjo could do with one much longer, but i guess it wasn't after all

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So I just finished reading the new Leak Review twitter thread and he said something about a source of theirs.
YOU HAVE A SOURCE, HE HAS A SOURCE, I HAVE A SOURCE!!
IS THERE ANY OTHER SOURCES AROUND HERE?!
I could tell you all about an AC Odyssey's DLC. Or that I knew about Rayman in Brawhalla for a while.

But that's all I know lmao-

Wambo

Smash Ace
You say we're toxic and yet you're the one using ableist language?

"Reeeeeeeee" is a phrase people used to mock people with autism.
Well, it's also used to mock SJW's who call people bigots and nazis when they can't formulate a counter argument.

EDIT: Actually, it's really just used for whenever someone is raging hard period

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm seeing some weird character pick in the previous pages.

To those posts, I say to you all:

I choose that weird guy from Wario De Mambo as a newcomer for Ultimate.

Fight me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom