• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
For DLC, I could see these, if the leak is true.
  • Travis Touchdown
  • SpringMan (maybe with SpringTron alt)
  • Doomguy
  • Rayman

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I saw the trailer for The Grinch for the first time last night, and I must say I don't like his voice at all. The Grinch shouldn't sound just like some average Who, he should sound menacing! He has garlic in his soul, for Seuss's sake! #NotMyGrinch

It's... pretty surreal to not have to worry about justifying this post's relevancy in a Super Smash Bros. thread. What a Wubbulous World.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since some are doing DLC predictions for characters I'll give it a go too.

Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Edelgard
Gen 8 Pokemon
Monster Hunter
Rayman
Ribbon Girl (Echo of Spring Man)
Sora
Spring Man
Sylux

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ya know, it's kinda funny. Those saying they can "knock it out in an hour" have had this gone on for 3 days (72 hours) and not one after all that had broken down and used one of those 72 to demonstrate they actually could. :p

I mean, I guess one person... "tried"?

EDIT: Correction, 5 days (120 hours)

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Welp, that's not surprise. Verge was starting to be rude every moment, and still pushing incienroar. This just lowered his credibity. Has leak been real, he would get laugh at.
Being perturbed does not hurt your credibility.

Though if he's wrong he will become a LARGE meme.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So sorry to be "that guy", but... what exactly did I miss this morning? I've gathered that something happened that points towards team real, but that's about all I've gathered.

Harp Note from Megaman Starforce.
Some people speculated about ACP-PLV taking down a video on something completely unrelated to Smash (work environment) but I didn't really think much of it still.

I'm not taking sides, but this became a thing, so...

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
One thing I haven't seen anybody bring up yet is that this banner art leaked, right? And it's been about, what? Five days or so? If this new banner artwork exists, and it's out there, how come? And how come there haven't been any announcements for a Nintendo Direct yet? If there isn't a Direct soon, this leak will become less and less valid, unfortunately.

This is a new banner, but it couldn't have gotten out there unless there was/is for sure going to be a Direct soon. So, what's the explanation behind this?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seems like Vergeben has gone crazy :/

https://imgur.com/a/Fir6x0w

Seen in reddit: https://imgur.com/a/Fir6x0w
Even though Verge comes across as cocky sometimes, I can't blame him for getting upset.

"Who's in the game?"

"Incineroar."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"LOL he's getting mad because he's wrong."

"Whatever. Just shut up and leave me alone."

"OMG why are you so terrible to your followers!?"

As the leader of Team Fake... We're ****ed
Dude, all morning you've been sharing evidence that favors the leak.

Represent your own side all you want. Just don't purposely misrepresent the opposing side to make things look better for Team Real.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ya know, it's kinda funny. Those saying they can "knock it out in an hour" have had this gone on for 3 days (72 hours) and not one after all that had broken down and used one of those 72 to demonstrate they actually could. :p

I mean, I guess one person... "tried"?
Correction, 5 days:p

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I like how people are using that Vergeben screenshot to think he's panicking when there a big "Two week ago" and it was waaay before the banner leak, and it was because people were in full spammage of @ to him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
One thing I haven't seen anybody bring up yet is that this banner art leaked, right? And it's been about, what? Five days or so? If this new banner artwork exists, and it's out there, how come? And how come there haven't been any announcements for a Nintendo Direct yet? If there isn't a Direct soon, this leak will become less and less valid, unfortunately.

This is a new banner, but it couldn't have gotten out there unless there was/is for sure going to be a Direct soon. So, what's the explanation behind this?
The banner could’ve been sent out to be used as a reference sheet for printers. You know, to test how the light affects the colors and what not. And if this was essentially the first complete form of it, that would explain the background inconsistencies.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
ultimate pipe dream for me is still final fantasy's gilgamesh, my favorite character from the franchise and he'd have such a weird moveset with all his arms and legendary* weapons

*may or may not be authentic

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Welp, that's not surprise. Verge was starting to be rude every moment, and still pushing incienroar. This just lowered his credibity. Has leak been real, he would get laugh at.
Are you oblivious to how much **** talk this guy gets on a daily basis? You are looking at a two week old message where he insists Incineroar is coming despite all the doubts, and somehow this decreases his credibilty? Last I checked the Grinch leak wasn't confirmed, nor was Incineroar confirmed to not be in this game, even if hes early DLC. His response was extremely tame and you are overacting due to confirmation bias.

Wait and see what happens. His main Smash sources have been consistent so far, and many others are vouching for Incineroar. Even the single insider (via Papagenos) claiming the Grinch leak is real is saying Incineroar is coming.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
A note on DLC fighters: Remember what fighters were DLC in Smash 4, not counting veterans.
  • Ryu
  • Cloud
  • Corrin
  • Bayonetta
Those are some heavy-hitters (well, except for Corrin, but he's an outlier). And given that we've already got some "blockbuster" characters added to the launch roster (Daisy, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool), I can't see DLC being a step down from that, especially since they have to be purchased separately. They have to be characters people will shell out extra money for, not ones that will get a lukewarm reception from most audiences.

So I find it hard to believe that they'll sell a Pokémon as DLC. They can get away with adding Lucario and Greninja to the roster despite their limited appeal because they're in the regular game with all the other characters, not being sold separately. I don't see Incineroar or Lycanroc being DLC when people are still waiting on contenders from the ballot.

Big names and third parties are more likely for DLC than anything else. Especially since the licensing deals can be handled individually, after all the other licensing deals for the main game and its third parties have been handled.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know what? I hope he ends up looking like a fool, I don't think he's a very pleasant person
It's almost as if he needs to deal with a bunch of man-children calling him a fraud at every turn. Imagine that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pipe dream means a character unlikely right?

If so then Leon Powalski. I always felt he would fit better then Krystal and Slippy since both Fox and Falco would then have their rivals perfectly rounding out the StarFox roster.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Who's yall's biggest pipe dream fighter? Mine would be Geralt of Rivia
Honestly, I always used to say Geno and Banjo for this question, but that may end up being a reality.

So for characters who have a 0% chance of making it, I would have to say Kerrigan from Starcraft. I absolutely love the Queen of Blades, and it would be great to see her in action.

Plus, the only console port of Starcraft was on the N64, so she technically had some history with Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom