• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
My DLC predictions if the Banner Fam(tm) is it for base:

- Incineroar
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Rex & Pyra
- Elma
- Black Shadow
- Octoling
- Lloyd Irving
- ARMS character, probably Spring Man
- Dixie Kong
- Skull Kid
- Rayman

(Ideally, R&P and Elma will share a trailer)
This is honestly the best one yet, I’d add a Medusa echo but this is spot on really.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I though it was normal for Youtubers to get randomly flagged before upload recently?

I mean, the fact that it's BEFORE upload and getting it live, kinda show that it's the bot doing so, not Nintendo's ninja or whatever

Last edited:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I strongly contrasted the image, and there's this red section with a think black line through it on the second band. Anybody know what this could be?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Honestly that fake leak in the style of the Grinch Leak would have still had me more convinced than the real Grinch Leak. I even feel like it’s a criticism of the Grinch Leak than a genuine fake leak

D

Deleted member

Wait does this mean there IS a chance for Lycanroc if Incineroar is bait?
As DLC? Definitely. I think I already said in the Lycanroc thread a while back that not getting a Gen 7 Pokemon at all wouldn't surprise me if only because Gen 7 wasn't around in time for the Smash Ballot. Since the base roster is shaping up to be a love letter to older fan favorites of the Smash Community, I think DLC will focus on newer characters that weren't around for the Ballot to throw the younger generation of Smash fans a bone. Characters like Rex, Spring Man, Bandana Dee, and a new Pokemon come to mind here. Lycanroc is solidly more important than Incineroar in the anime and more prominent in merchandising, plus it did better on that Japanese Gen 7 popularity poll (5th vs. 12th), so it's definitely the frontrunner among Gen 7 Pokemon.

Of course, there's always the chance that Incineroar isn't leak bait and was simply moved back to DLC for whatever reason, but until we get confirmation of which Pokemon is DLC (if any), there's always a chance for our favorite rock dog.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Billybo10k getting flagged means much.

YouTube is trash when it comes to uploading videos in general and they flag videos for the most random and stupid things.

Though I do admit things are getting really interesting lately, this is just a normal occurrence for YouTube in general.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I though it was normal for Youtubers to get randomly flagged before upload recently?
It is, and so it's hard to tell if it means anything (and why would a company flag a video with information they don't want out there... which only means the creator can't make money off of it). Then again, if we keep getting all these coincidences, ones bound to be the result of it being real, eh? Or would that be just a coincidence. :lol:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

If enough people guess someone's bound to get something right :denzel:

___________________________________​

On November, during the day, the Direct will begin to stream in all the usual nooks and crannies.

After the Switch logo title, the screen remains black. People keep expecting the image to break into the Smash cross-section, but it never comes. The screen remains black. Viewers wonder if something is amiss with the stream, or with their viewing devices.

The screen remains

Smash cut to Sakurai.

He is seated at a table, framed in the sublime golden-ratio angle we've come to expect. He exhibits his fulsome youthful glow, now more evident than ever. Although there's something about the lighting, how it falls on his cheekbones, his eyes. Viewers wonder if something is amiss with

The screen

Sakurai greets those in attendance. He explains that he wishes to address the long drought in information since the last Smash Ultimate announcement. To accomplish this, he must first place things in their proper context.

To that end, he provides a brief, general recap of Smash Ultimate's development to date. About how long ago, how truly long ago, the Design Document was crafted. About the alliances and partnerships, some of them corporate, which were assiduously pursued. About what was found in Tunguska. About how the Isabelle reveal was delayed due to the Earthquake.

All things we've heard and seen by that point. Nothing new here. Still, it helps us appreciate the whirlwind arc of this iteration's journey.

Sakurai notes that he understands our frustrations. Nearly two months with naught to show but for tumbleweeds. How do Sora and Bandai-Namco and the third account for this radio silence? What were they waiting for? What are they hiding? What are they

The answer is simple, though understandably, he can only speak around the matter. He quips that perhaps they ought have called this a Nintendo Indirect. Always the joker. Of course, when the viewers realize to what the Friend of All Man alludes, their concerns are pacified. Of course this isn't something he can talk about, none of them could. And for the savvy speculator, the pieces fall into place, too: why no one has come forward, why those purportedly in the know, in the orbit of the truth, seem to deny certain rumours (not because they want to, but because they have to, or else--Oh God).

As Sakurai goes on, some viewers get the sense that something is amiss. Split-second flashes, artefacts in the recording, curiously reminiscent of the way this very summary is sprinkled with subliminal notes can you find them. A message, circumventing the conscious to reach you Directly, saying

have you ever known love

Sakurai [laughs]. He says he hopes we'll forgive this sidebar, this momentary tangent, and that we'll enjoy Smash Ultimate when it releases in December. Then the

screen remains black. You look at the stream's timer. Ah, so nothing was amiss. It hasn't even started yet.

White lines, the darkness pulls back, revealing white.

The Direct begins.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what’s worse than a Nintendo Sentinel?

A NINTENDO MANGO SENTINEL

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean to be fair, he does swear... :seuss:
It is, and so it's hard to tell if it means anything (and why would a company flag a video with information they don't want out there... which only means the creator can't make money off of it). Then again, if we keep getting all these coincidences, ones bound to be the result of it being real, eh? Or would that be just a coincidence. :lol:
Last I checked, that really isn't advertiser friendly...

YouTube is trash when it comes to uploading videos in general and they flag videos for the most random and stupid things.

Though I do admit things are getting really interesting lately, this is just a normal occurrence for YouTube in general.

Not only that, but I guess I'll repost but-

It's supposedly before the video get live, and during an upload attempt.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't have that power, so if demonetization there is, it must be swearing/Content/Music related by the bot

Confirmation

Smash Ace

It'll get interesting if his request to remove the flag is denied, though.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't have that power, so if demonetization there is, it must be swearing/Content/Music related by the bot
Oh, that's a bit weirder then. Couldn't tell what was meant by the image, as I don't upload Youtube videos. :facepalm:

Sergeant_Snivy

Smash Rookie
Direct Predictions:
- Eric Bricard confirmed as a fighter. His Final Smash is posting a picture of the Everyone is Here banner without any of the characters in the battle, thus removing them from the game
- Occam's Razor item. The more damage a fighter has, the less likely it is to K.O. them
- Incineroar confirmed as Day 1 DLC. His Final Smash is ripping the banner to shreds
- Green mode officially revealed. In it, you play as fighters who are not actually part of the rest of the game and capture footage to send to insiders in order to weed out leakers
- The game is announced to be delayed for 1 year in order to remove all the characters leaked by the banner and create an entirely new set of newcomers. Sakurai says to "never ask [him] for anything ever again"

Spatman

Smash Ace
But he does...
He has a unique weapon that no other Smash character really uses.
He seems like the most likely spear wielder
His spear is shorter than Roy's sword, he can't really add anything from this point of view.
In fact I'm almost convinced that he would fit better as MK's echo with a couple of twisted moves than a true newcomer

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
S
I strongly contrasted the image, and there's this red section with a think black line through it on the second band. Anybody know what this could be?
Sky + ICs? They are pretty bleach so it can stark with the contrast settings.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
His spear is shorter than Roy's sword, he can't really add anything from this point of view.
In fact I'm almost convinced that he would fit better as MK's echo with a couple of twisted moves than a true newcomer
Why would he be an echo of Meta Knight out of all things?
It doesn't make sense....

Fane

Smash Journeyman

Exactly.

If one or multiples of videos of the leak were starting to get taken down by YouTube, then that would be HUGE proof of it being real.

As of now, it's still up in the air. If it's real, Nintendo clearly doesn't want to draw... anymore attention to it than it currently has, and forcing video shut downs and removing images of the leak as best as possible would only lead to a single conclusion from the entire community.

Basically, leaving it out there brings up both arguments of "Nintendo doesn't want to draw attention, could be real" and "It's fake, that's why Nintendo isn't doing anything about it".

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean to be fair, he does swear... :seuss:
Last I checked, that really isn't advertiser friendly...
Many LoL streamers make ad revenue from YouTube videos and they curse the hell out out their videos. Highly doubt flagging has anything to do with language, especially the moment he posts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom