• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Pfft. That's a bit of a glorified way of looking at it. Let's not forget that those are used a lot of times to shut down speculation. And of course, stare down coldly at folks saying that anyone of those last two wasn't a gurantee.

At least now, speculation is more open to the idea that we'll get even more without the overbearing nature of the box theory reigning supreme like it used to.
Oh I definitely agree this leak opened speculation up more , but on a related note I actually think to an extent all leaks and theories harm speculation. It varies but they do, especially this late in the game.

I mean imagine if we didn't have Vergeben, Box Theory or Grinch Leak, people would be speculating about the possibility of Skull Kid, Elma, Bandanna Waddle Dee and all kinds of third party characters.

But right now none of them get spotlight in discussion because one way or another we think we have an idea of the final roster and it doesn't include them. Just an observation!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Incineroar being bait makes so much sense. Sakurai loves his surprises, so imagine how much the ESRB leak must've hurt the guy. He really doesn't want Smash to be leaked this time around so he's making sure to reveal every character before release, so I wouldn't put it past him to agree with or even request Namco to do leak bait. Incineroar was always Vergeben's most uncertain claim given how he initially only said it was a new Pokemon not named Decidueye/Lycanroc/Mimikyu, so the initial disagreement among his sources could've just been Namco consolidating their leak bait into Incineroar after seeing Vergeben gain traction.
You know, what they had multiple leak bait characters, but all of them were Pokémon? :laugh:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
See. Goemon needs to be in so he and simon can do battle. They know each other from the rpg. Would be a good reunion.
No no, I want to knock every head with his Golden Kiseru (the largest one with that sound from The Mystical Ninja SNES), especially Mario. Cause Goemon is much better XD
You know, that's also a move they can consider. Since Goemon's kiseru drops or gain power turning from gold to silver to bronze and vise versa.
Hmm, rpg? hey, they met in manga. If it wasn't for Goemon Simon wouldn't be here. Goemon saved one of Simon's ancestors (Pierre, I think). Oh and he killed Dracula with one hit.. why do we even need Simon, amyright? :p

D

Deleted member

Simon in that game is jokingly refered to a Simon Yagami by many of us Castlevania folks.
I see why! Alucard looks ridiculous too! And the roster doesn’t even include Soma! How you have a Castlevania fighting game and not have Soma?!

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Nintendo has released the Nintendo Sentinels to neutralize any leak.
Stop calling them Ninjas.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just looked it up. Good Lord, the art is hideous! Simon looks so awful! Who drew this?!
It's the person who designed the characters for Death Note, is about all I know.

Their art is honestly perfectly fine in that, but it did NOT work for Castlevania.

The Character Designs are just one of the many problems with the game, sadly.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that the 1st of November we will have a video up with a teaser or something for the 8th big direct.

If i remember well, with smash wiiu it happened something similar with a teaser and then the date of the big direct with the 50 fact extravaganza.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Takeshi Obata, most known for being the artist in Death Note, Bakuman and Hikaru no Go. The last person who I would call their art hideous, lol
i lowkey like the judgement designs, mainly because death note, but for smash i vastly prefer what they have done for simon and richter

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
lol i like how they printed off LGPE keychains to make this look more like
AGAIN this isn't a studio that makes stuff like this, they do point of sale displays
Oh **** he used a transparent binder sleeve holy **** wow it must actually be really simple to do leaks like this and we are owned, fellas

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So obviously we are not sure if the Chadondorf rumor and this leak are related, but I want to point out that the Chadondorf leak mentions 3 cut characters.

- Dixie
- Monster Hunter
- Ray (01)

Now, most people here know that Golden Sun, Banjo Kazooie, Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider all got renewals in their trademarks this year. Whether that is a coincidence or not is up to the person, but I what I also found interesting was Custom Robo.

Dixie and Monster Hunter obviously have chances to be DLC if the leak is real, as their copyrights are totally fine. However Custom Robo's was peculiarly cancelled around the same time , which would make sense as to why the Chadondorf comment says he was cut.

It doesn't support or detract from the leak at all, but I just wanted to let you all know that it's sad:(

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Incineroar being bait makes so much sense. Sakurai loves his surprises, so imagine how much the ESRB leak must've hurt the guy. He really doesn't want Smash to be leaked this time around so he's making sure to reveal every character before release, so I wouldn't put it past him to agree with or even request Namco to do leak bait. Incineroar was always Vergeben's most uncertain claim given how he initially only said it was a new Pokemon not named Decidueye/Lycanroc/Mimikyu, so the initial disagreement among his sources could've just been Namco consolidating their leak bait into Incineroar after seeing Vergeben gain traction.
Incineroar makes zero sense being bait. Why does every "insider" currently claim Incineroar is coming? Its not just a maybe, they are dead set on him coming. Telling everyone that a certain character is coming is not how you "bait leakers." You tell one single source this info, and then every other source something different. To put this in perspective, all three of Vergebens trusted and vetted sources are claiming Incineroar are coming. Do you really think Nintendo gave all three of them the same bait? And this is only Vergeben's sources. Different insiders have different sources. Hell if we believe Papageno's microsoft source that Incineroar is coming, thats another completely different source claiming Incineroar is on the way.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, that seems like Nintendo was trying to stop the leak discussion video, and I'm really worried for papagenos' new video, if they catch wind of his new video being updated. And that's why Gamexplain went on record to call it fake in 2 mins video.
I wouldn't worry about papagenos papagenos , he said (yesterday) that the video would take more than a day to make.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
i lowkey like the judgement designs, mainly because death note, but for smash i vastly prefer what they have done for simon and richter
I'm more of a fan of Ayami Kojima's Simon, but I gotta agree that Smash nailed which Simon should actually be represented. I wish we had a costume that would make him more akin to Kojima's art, but I got Ritcher so I can't complain

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
For the fake version, you can see the differences in the quality immediately. One has the characters all moved around, the other doesn't. One you can actually see the characters, and when you do it's not just their Smashified design reversed. In one it looks like it's in a professional setting, not in some guy's kitchen put in transparent folder any person can buy at the dollar store. I mean, must I really go on? :awesome:

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
With how everything that's happened in the past few weeks has lined up, the leaks, the weird GameXplain Coverage....

I bet there's a direct coming VERY, V E R Y soon; and it would explain why the mural was leaked and why Nintendo (presumably) emailed GameXplain ahead of time about any leaks. Nintendo knew they would happen as soon as they started printing ad material; and emailed their partners to (presumably) discredit any that would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom