• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is my favourite mod moment ever:
SmartSelect_20181028-200845_Chrome.jpg

S'why I love Smashboards.

Also, I wonder if Shadow could go the way of Chrom and get a teleport up special...

I'd prefer that he got a new side or down special mainly because I hate how Sonic essentially has two of the same move.

Chrono.

Current theory if real:

Eric is a dummy sends his friend this stuff with the intent of it getting leaked because Nintendo did something to obviously peeve him off. He uses his friend potentially to hide his trail, friend is dumber but doesn't take his name out all together. Chaos ensues.

Current theory if fake:

Eric and a friend are frequent users of 4chan and have pulled a fast one on the entire internet.
You could make a movie out of either of these.

D

Deleted member

Current theory if real:

Eric is a dummy sends his friend this stuff with the intent of it getting leaked because Nintendo did something to obviously peeve him off. He uses his friend potentially to hide his trail, friend is dumber but doesn't take his name out all together. Chaos ensues.

Current theory if fake:

Eric and a friend are frequent users of 4chan and have pulled a fast one on the entire internet.
My theory is this: Eric is a secret undercover agent working for Illumation. He's been working for the company that prints for Bandai Namco, and he's infiltrated the company to promote the new Grinch movie by leaking the Smash Ultimate roster with a picture of the Grinch next to it.

He's simply doing his mission. /s

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Plot twist: Considering Eric is like 50 or something, maybe he sent the snap to his son to be like "Hey look, it's that Mario guy you like so much." and the son wasn't a very big Nintendo fan since he was into call of duty now so he leaked this stuff without realizing it was even a leak.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You could make a movie out of either of these.
It's why I've said, and still continue to think, whether real or fake, it doesn't make sense either way, and requires a lot of conspiratorial thinking either way. Though, the post about them potentially being placeholder promotional materials has shed enough light to where it's less unrealistic--still fairly unrealistic from where it was at the start (e.g., too many characters in one month, the aggressive stance of insiders).

D

Deleted member

Plot twist: Considering Eric is like 50 or something, maybe he sent the snap to his son to be like "Hey look, it's that Mario guy you like so much." and the son wasn't a very big Nintendo fan since he was into call of duty now so he leaked this stuff without realizing it was even a leak.
That would be hilarious if that turned out to be true lol.

Ajimu

Smash Cadet
Hello,

I've been lurking around for a while but never actually registered since you guys covered my points of interest faster than light.

Have you noticed and discussed the new demo build played at the College Tailgate Tour ?
Richter playable ! (Also Wario, Yoshi, PacMan) Anyone has participated ? (I've seen pictures of M2K there but he hasn't uploaded a video to talk about my boi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIg6YX_7rSw

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
The thing is, we keep acting like this was an intentional leak. I'm going to go ahead and argue that it was very much unintentional or else it would have been much closer up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay but with Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Shadow, and Sora...who's next?

Like, legitimately. How do you follow that up? At that point it's just filling in the minor holes, but it's practically perfect as far as I'm concerned.
Dixie Kong, Impa, Skull Kid, (Captain) Toad, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario? There’s quite a lot of popular picks left honestly...

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, putting 50 chips on "Incineroar is day 1/very soon DLC that you get for free by subscribing to the Nintendo Online service."

Makes perfect sense as to why he wouldn't be on the banner for marketing if he were DLC.

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
Hello,

I've been lurking around for a while but never actually registered since you guys covered my points of interest faster than light.

Have you noticed and discussed the new demo build played at the College Tailgate Tour ?
Richter playable ! (Also Wario, Yoshi, PacMan) Anyone has participated ? (I've seen pictures of M2K there but he hasn't uploaded a video to talk about my boi)

I see richter in the gameplay scene but when it shows the select screen roster for like half a second it is just the same E3 demo characters

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If the leak is real, I need this song in. Remixed or not, it has to be in.

I want this to be SSBU's Ending Theme Song.

Dreams of our Generation...

Also, I think Night Walk should at least serve as a basis for RH-stage, since it also references PlayYan-software cartridge for GBA (and how the lil' stickman in that also appeared on Rhythm Tengoku's Night Walk).

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hello,

I've not seen my boi playable in the demo, even though I DESPERATELY want him to :yoshi:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing is, we keep acting like this was an intentional leak. I'm going to go ahead and argue that it was very much unintentional or else it would have been much closer up.
It's the ''**** Nintendo" that makes people think it was intentional.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hello,

Someone, get a hold of Zinith Zinith ! Look at his boi. :yoshi:

(though I heard people remark about how it was unfortunate they used material that couldn't be played in the demo--not sure if this is a case of that)

EDIT: :ultgreninja: by Zinith, ironically enough. Though it was hard since the site crashed on me in the middle of replying.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hello,

I believe that's the video where we found the sprout item.

I'm hoping wesee footage from another build soon as I'm getting sick of the demo characters!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Someone, get a hold of Zinith Zinith ! Look at his boi. :yoshi:

(though I heard people remark about how it was unfortunate they used material that couldn't be played in the demo--not sure if this is a case of that)

EDIT: :ultgreninja: by Zinith, ironically enough. Though it was hard since the site crashed on me in the middle of replying.
And even then, the only thing I saw was Yoshi performing a forward air...

,,,,,on an Eevee

:facepalm:

Calane

Smash Ace
I'm sticking with this avatar because it's pretty cool with a capital C.

So, let's say we're getting 10 DLC characters. What combination of 10 characters would make this the Ultimate Smash Bros. game for you?

For the sake of constancy, let's assume Grinch leak is real and Incineroar is also in.

Here's mine:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Joker
  • Paper Mario
  • Bandana Dee
  • Euden
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Capcom Rep (Either Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dante, or all of the above)
  • Bethesda Rep (Either Doom Guy or a Fallout character)
I'll extend it to 15:
  • Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • New Nintendo IP character
  • Edelgard
Mine:
  • Dragon Quest Rep (That's not Slime)
  • Adol Christin (Ys)
  • Takamaru
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Bomberman
  • Lip
  • Arle Nadja
  • Shantae
  • Ashley
If I extended it to 15:
  • Prince of Sablé
  • Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
  • Klonoa
  • Ninten
  • Ayumi Tachibana
I'm sure I could come up with more, and I probably even forgot to mention some characters. To be honest, I'd be fine with just a Dragon Quest character making it in as DLC.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A little late as I had to head for bed, but this is amazing. It's pretty funny how easily recognizable different users are even when their avatars are being interpreted by a different artstyle.

So, let's say we're getting 10 DLC characters. What combination of 10 characters would make this the Ultimate Smash Bros. game for you?

For the sake of constancy, let's assume Grinch leak is real and Incineroar is also in.

Here's mine:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Joker
  • Paper Mario
  • Bandana Dee
  • Euden
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Capcom Rep (Either Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dante, or all of the above)
I'll extend it to 15:
  • Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Edelgard
  • Black Knight (as a free Nintendo Online bonus, sort of like how he's in the beginner's pack in FE:H)
  • Skull Kid
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Porky
  • Bandana Dee
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Dixie Kong
  • Master Chief
That's all I can come up with atm, I even had to stretch a bit with the last two as I don't really care that much about them, they just feel like fitting additions. This game has such a stupid good roster, it's awfully close to perfection as is.

Edit:
  • Dark Matter
  • Agumon
There, finished it, although I had to do a bit of searching.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Here's mine:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Joker
  • Paper Mario
  • Bandana Dee
  • Euden
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
I'll extend it to 15:
  • Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Edelgard
My choices:

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Dixie Kong
3. Black Shadow
4. Paper Mario
5. Master Chief
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. Spring Man
8. Rex & Pyra
9 Bandana Dee
10. Sora

I only truly want the first 3.5 (PM would need to be based around classic PM for me to want) with the rest being courtesy fan picks or wild third party choices.

Who I think will be DLC:

1. Incineroar
2. Spring Man
3. Sora
4. Rex & Pyra
5. Dante
6. Edelgard/FE Three Houses
7. Gen 8 Pokemon
8. Steve
9. Crash Bandicoot
10. Dixie Kong/Funky Kong

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Is it possible that the spinning banner apparatus (I don't know what to call it) contains two of these banners that wrap around the entire thing?

The only reason I'm asking is so that I can get to 3,333 posts, but also because I'm kind of curious as to how these things work.

Good night everyone.
Not on the one that's visible, at any rate. That one shows just one of the banners.

NineS

Smash Lord

Here's mine:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Joker
  • Paper Mario
  • Bandana Dee
  • Euden
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
I'll extend it to 15:
  • Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Edelgard
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
Literally the only character I really want. I'd be happy even if we didn't get DLC, though.

But here's my serious list. It's going by if the leak is real.
  • 2B
  • Anna
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Marx
  • Metal Sonic
  • Namco Rep (Someone such as Nightmare, or even Don-chan. Both are unlikely, though.)
  • Phosphora
  • Shantae
  • Skull Kid
  • Slime from Dragon Quest
Unrelated, but I think it'd actually be pretty cool if Blizzard's Diablo made it in as playable. It's a far cry from the others we already have.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes, that one too. And Remix 8. And Remix 9. And Remix 4. And the ones from the DS one. And the ones from the GBA one. And the ones from the 3DS one.

Rhythm Heaven can easily get the Castlevania/Fire Emblem treatment and I hope it did.
I certainly hope there's plenty of vocal songs from the series being remixed too. They are still absolute blast:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nique means in contempt. So while not a direct translation to "**** Nintendo", it is clearly meant that way.

Mdr is short for "merde" in internet slang. Merde means ****, to put it bluntly. Albeit we tend to say it in a humorous way to our buddies. An example for English speaking folk would be: "**** dude, that's amaziiiing" = "wow le gros c'est incroyable mdrrrrrr". This one is clearly in a negative tone though with a sense of disbelief, thus "(Je) nique Nintendo mdrrr" = "Haha, wow I am screwing over Nintendo!"

Source: I am Quebecois. Yes, French people can be strange.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Off-topic. I was at MCM London Comic-con yesterday (Grinch was eveywhere woooo..) and i got to play Smash Ultimate for the first time. I played as my main Mewtwo and i must say... this game...

Feels freaking amazing, i had such a blast and i really wanted to continue playing, the people who played were so nice as well, everyone was having so much fun! I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Morning,

Anything interestinf happened on the night? Seems like the majority is now in team real and we are now discussing dlc? O.o

Btw if this is real, I expect incineroar and sora on the 1st dlc and announced on the VGA.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Nique means in contempt. So while not a direct translation to "**** Nintendo", it is clearly meant that way.

Mdr is short for "merde" in internet slang. Merde means ****, to put it bluntly. Albeit we tend to say it in a humorous way to our buddies. An example for English speaking folk would be: "**** dude, that's amaziiiing" = "wow le gros c'est incroyable mdrrrrrr". This one is clearly in a negative tone though with a sense of disbelief, thus "(Je) nique Nintendo mdrrr" = "Haha, wow I am screwing over Nintendo!"

"Mdr" is a french version of "lol" it's literally "killed by laugh"(mort de rire)

in english it would be like "LMAO *** you nintendo"

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not on the one that's visible, at any rate. That one shows just one of the banners.

I think this post illuminated* this aspect as the instructions for these hanging displays are never scaled, as they are designed to show how to assemble and display them. I can't say for myself, as I'm not an expert in these displays (or anything for that matter).

*yes the pun was intentional, I can't help it

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
"Mdr" is a french version of "lol" it's litterally "killed by laugh"
Huh, apparently so. Might be the culture difference there. Mdr here means "merde".

Doesn't really change the context of the message though.

Midoji

Smash Rookie

Sorry, but you're wrong. I'm french.

"Mdr" means "mort de rire", it's the french "word" for "LOL"

"Nique ninendo mdrr" literaly means "F*ck ninendo loool"

But I don't know if it was like "ahah I just leaked the roster take this nintendo :)"

Or more like "f*ck nintendo, working with your materials is boring"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom