• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So after this leak, how do you feel about your most wanted's chances (who aren't in the leak)

Tbh ever since they announced EVERYONE IS HERE and don't have to bring newcomers back, I felt pretty confident about Rex's chances as DLC. Now if this leak is real and he won't have to compete with Isaac/Geno/Banjo etc. so I'm even more confident. He still has to compete with Skull Kid/Dixie but his chances are pretty high considering Dixie would be an echo (an Skull Kid is one of my most wanteds too lol(
Boshi's not getting in this game, base OR DLC.

BUT

Several things from the leak gives me hope for the next installment. 1. Geno is in, so SMRPG content is viable, and 2. Ken and Shadow were the top Echo picks. Once they're taken care of, the rest of the Echo picks are fair game

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think this post illuminated* this aspect as the instructions for these hanging displays are never scaled, as they are designed to show how to assemble and display them. I can't say for myself, as I'm not an expert in these displays (or anything for that matter).

*yes the pun was intentional, I can't help it
The issue with this post is that it's ignoring the fact that we can see enough of the display to line up elements of the banner. Kirby is visible just on the very right edge of the display, and the S in "bros" is visible just on the very left edge of the display. The banner fits perfectly width wise when the elements are properly lined up. So this diagram is to scale.

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
One thing I want to point out is when Sakurai said "so I'm kinda hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers" he doesn't actually say that we have less. All he's saying is that don't expect TOO many. We could possibly still get a hefty amount, but not something completely insane like 20 new fighters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We're really now talking about leaks, aren't we? So I made up this little game... https://en.shindanmaker.com/839759

Just type your name in, and copy to here the results.
XXXXX has posted a single sentence on 4chan, suggesting that Isaac will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included a pdf of The Grinch that Stole Christmas as proof.

Sounds legit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm sticking with this avatar because it's pretty cool with a capital C.

So, let's say we're getting 10 DLC characters. What combination of 10 characters would make this the Ultimate Smash Bros. game for you?

For the sake of constancy, let's assume Grinch leak is real and Incineroar is also in.

Here's mine:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Joker
  • Paper Mario
  • Bandana Dee
  • Euden
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Capcom Rep (Either Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dante, or all of the above)
  • Bethesda Rep (Either Doom Guy or a Fallout character)
I'll extend it to 15:
  • Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • New Nintendo IP character
  • Edelgard
10 characters?

-Dixie Kong
-Impa, as a unique character styled from Hyrule Warriors
-Skull Kid
-Bandana Dee
-Paper Mario
-Amaterasu
-Felix, as Isaac’s Echo
-FE 3 Houses protagonist (Edelgard isn’t the one)
-Either Celica, Alm or the Black Knight Zelgius
-Slippy Toad

D

Deleted member

Dante: Not a chance but give me this stupid ****
Bandana Dee: I lost hope as I've got the feeling he'll be completely absent AGAIN
Shanoa: Not a chance in hell rip
Maybe BWD's chances can still be high if Sakurai is pushing for modern characters/characters who didn't have much popularity until recently (like SK or BWD). Don't give up hope!

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
  • 2B
Literally the only character I really want. I'd be happy even if we didn't get DLC, though.

But here's my serious list. It's going by if the leak is real.
  • 2B
  • Anna
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Marx
  • Metal Sonic
  • Namco Rep (Someone such as Nightmare, or even Don-chan. Both are unlikely, though.)
  • Phosphora
  • Shantae
  • Skull Kid
  • Slime from Dragon Quest
Unrelated, but I think it'd actually be pretty cool if Blizzard's Diablo made it in as playable. It's a far cry from the others we already have.
Go play the original Nier and have your perception of Nier characters completely shattered by the greatnesses that are Kaine and Weiss

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I'm just waiting to see what PapaGeno's vid is.

I'm not 100% positive that his source isn't jerking him around, but he seems to trust them for 'who' they are, which to me, means it must be someone fairly high esteem to be able to trust them just by them being them.

Their source belives Banner + Incineroar, which to me means Incineroar is early/day 1 DLC, though his theory may be different than mine.

Last edited:

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
I'm sticking with this avatar because it's pretty cool with a capital C.

So, let's say we're getting 10 DLC characters. What combination of 10 characters would make this the Ultimate Smash Bros. game for you?

For the sake of constancy, let's assume Grinch leak is real and Incineroar is also in.

Here's mine:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Joker
  • Paper Mario
  • Bandana Dee
  • Euden
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Capcom Rep (Either Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dante, or all of the above)
  • Bethesda Rep (Either Doom Guy or a Fallout character)
I'll extend it to 15:
  • Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • New Nintendo IP character
  • Edelgard
1. Spring Man
2. Rex and Pyra
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Gen 8 Pokemon
5. Muddy Mole
6. Dixie Kong
7. Bandana Dee
8. Vaati
9. Mike Jones
10. Master Chief

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
One thing I want to point out is when Sakurai said "so I'm kinda hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers" he doesn't actually say that we have less. All he's saying is that don't expect TOO many. We could possibly still get a hefty amount, but not something completely insane like 20 new fighters.
Of course you right!
He says we won't have many 'announcements' (specifically in the original Japanese sentence and in some regards in English), meaning that the number of newcomers should be low not less.

D

Deleted member

Boshi's not getting in this game, base OR DLC.

BUT

Several things from the leak gives me hope for the next installment. 1. Geno is in, so SMRPG content is viable, and 2. Ken and Shadow were the top Echo picks. Once they're taken care of, the rest of the Echo picks are fair game
Damn bro I love and respect all people who push for obscure characters, even against the odds. Keep doing you, man

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We're really now talking about leaks, aren't we? So I made up this little game... https://en.shindanmaker.com/839759

I posted my uncle's private documents on the internet, suggesting that Andre from Gamexplain will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. I also included pictures of Subspace Emissary 2: Electric Boogaloo as proof.

Uh........................................ :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently he was also wrong about the roster of a Dragon Ball Z fighting game, amongst others. Ask @ManlySpirit for the exact details.
This isn't even about Vergeben at this point anymore, especially since this leak confirms all his characters minus Incineroar.

We have apparently anywhere from ten to twenty different individuals all parroting Incineroar is in the game, and now PapaGeno's own source believes that Banner+Incineroar is legit.

This isn't about just Verg anymore, there are many, many others.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Plot twist: Sakurai is PapaGeno's source. Or it's a Geno doll that talks to him in his sleep. You decide.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This isn't even about Vergeben at this point anymore, especially since this leak confirms all his characters minus Incineroar.

We have apparently anywhere from ten to twenty different individuals all parroting Incineroar is in the game, and now PapaGeno's own source believes that Banner+Incineroar is legit.

This isn't about just Verg anymore, there are many, many others.
Well, see, I didn’t know that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Apparently he was also wrong about the roster of a Dragon Ball Z fighting game, amongst others. Ask @ManlySpirit for the exact details.
He was wrong on other stuff but he has multiple sources, and his Smash stuff has yet to be wrong. Because you know, it's not like there's one magical source who feeds him info. Besides, that doesn't change how everything his Smash stuff said was right and the goddamn TMNT in Injustice 2
I'm not going to ask someone who claimed XCX was going to have it's religious themes censored and spoiled the game before it released outside of Japan to me because "NUH UH WE'RE NOT MAD BECAUSE THEY REMOVED THE SEXY SWIMSUIT OF THE 13 YEAR OLD SHE'S ACTUALLY A ROBOT SO IT'S OK". 6 months later she isn't even a robot

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Wooah! Is that Quest 64! Wow, who would've thought someone wanted a character from that game. Sorry, I know your sig says Brian but I totally don't recall his name. All I recall is that it's the emptiest game I played XD
Edit: Wait! That was directed to that Mod guy.. umm, just a sec... Legendary Spirit Tamer
This forum is really good.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I posted my uncle's private documents on the internet, suggesting that Andre from Gamexplain will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. I also included pictures of Subspace Emissary 2: Electric Boogaloo as proof.

Uh........................................ :yoshi:
Where are the pics?

...Zinith, where are the damn pics!?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

This gave me a good laugh...
Smashing Ramen has posted many pages of theories on Gamexplain's channel, suggesting that their uncle who works at Nintendo will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included a leaf in a bubble as proof.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So after this leak, how do you feel about your most wanted's chances (who aren't in the leak)
I'd probably feel a bit more optimistic for some of them as the pool is getting a bit smaller and most of the more vocally requested characters would already be in the base game. Plus it also depends on how long Sakurai is planning to keep up the DLC support, if he will continue to refer to the ballot and if my most wanted survived any potential disconfirmation in the base game such as Assist Trophies and whatnot...

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I did a number of variations of my username and this was the funniest by far:
RunicSSB has posted a prediction on Google Drive, suggesting that Shrek will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included the Old Testament as proof.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's the thing:

With this leak, Vergeben gets:

Smash 4 veterans
Snake
Ices
Ridley
Simon
Isabelle
Geno(2nd Square rep)
Ken

And now we have all these insects coming out of the woodwork saying "Banner's missing Incineroar"..... and on top of all that, someone WE know has a source that's saying "Banner's real, but so is Incineroar"

At this point, Incineroar honestly feels like he's 'here', just not base game.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

"T-Hell has posted a barely comprehensible paragraph on Reddit, suggesting that Geno will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included leaked promotional art as proof".

Lmao inb4 I'm the Grinch leaker and I don't even know.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108

Blue has posted a barely comprehensible paragraph on a flagpole in a corn field, suggesting that Elsa will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included Sakurai's secret sauce recipe as proof.

Sorry fellas, but I just couldn't not let it go.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Tbh ever since they announced EVERYONE IS HERE and don't have to bring newcomers back, I felt pretty confident about Rex's chances as DLC. Now if this leak is real and he won't have to compete with Isaac/Geno/Banjo etc. so I'm even more confident. He still has to compete with Skull Kid/Dixie but his chances are pretty high considering Dixie would be an echo (an Skull Kid is one of my most wanteds too lol(
So assuming my most wanted rep is from Rhythm Heaven, they basically have no chance if this leak is true... Because we're getting a different RH Rep instead.
That being said, I'm still gonna be pretty happy, because, it's a wonder that RH is even getting a rep...

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Here is what is confusing me: does Eric's name appear as the SnapChat username in the top left or on the receipt in the actual image?

Not that it matters a huge deal as both can easily be faked. For those of you not aware, on Snapchat you have two names: a unique username and a kind of 'nickname' that can be anything you want and you can change as often as you like instantly (most people set it to be either their first name or their full name).

Shroob

Sup?
The only question I have is, "Who is Papa's source, and why are they important/influential enough for him to trust them due to them being who they are?"

If it were someone like you or me, obviously that wouldn't fly. It would have to be someone excruciatingly credible for him to believe them in such a way.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I may have found something that may explain why Gamexplain is acting strange, but it's my theory so it's NOT 100% confirmed. It's copypasted from a anonymous user in 4chan.

I've noticed something incredibly curious, /v/. Listen up.
>On the day of the leak dropping, the 24th, everyone is EXTREMELY vocal about it, putting in their two cents
>On the 25th, people are still talking about it until you near the end of the day, where Marina's comments on the leak not being affiliated with them period happens
>One key thing is said in that post: "We will be contacting Nintendo and Bandai Namco"
>On the 26th, radio silence from "insiders" happens and everyone who doesn't choose to be silent begins to bash the leak as fake at all costs
>Nintendo probably found out the leak from Marina on the 25th, or early 26th
>From there, Nintendo went panic mode and told everyone to shut the f*** up immediately, heavily suggesting that any conversation about the leak itself can and will cut them off from their ambassador program

TLDR: Gamexplain and others may be acting strange because Nintendo just found out about the leak from Marina PLV.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Since I'm an idiot and used my real name first time, doing it again:

osby has posted an ominous prediction on the deep web, suggesting that Mr Dark Souls will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included the new Battle Royale mode as proof.

You heard it from me first, guys.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Imagine this song making it into Ultimate. Also I can’t believe they made this song for a GBA game that’s crazy.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
The only question I have is, "Who is Papa's source, and why are they important/influential enough for him to trust them due to them being who they are?"

If it were someone like you or me, obviously that wouldn't fly. It would have to be someone excruciatingly credible for him to believe them in such a way.
Has there been a new development with papa’s source?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Well, if the banner leak is true, I've gotten my most wanted (and the only character I need to truly complete the puzzle, as B&K will be with their 64/Melee friends). The only other character I feel should be in the game (not saying deserved given it's negative connotations, it's a subjective not an objective statement) is Crash, as after Mega Man and Pac-Man I felt like Crash was the most iconic gaming character to be next. And if Banjo's in, that increases his chances as that's one more barrier (i.e., Western owned character) down and his popularity, particularly with Nintendo fans, has increased thanks to the N-Sane Trilogy happening after the roster's formation, and then it's release on the Switch this year. Very high chances, though he seems like a very different DLC character than anything we got in Smash 4.

Outside of that, I hope Dixie gets in somehow, and after Isabelle I'm wondering if her design, especially her hair, is a reason she can't be an echo. Doesn't have a new game coming out, that we know of, so that's unfortunate. However, she's another character that was scrapped in Smash history, and if this leak is true, Sakurai's trying to bring back as many characters wanted and scrapped throughout that history. I'd also love Impa, as it's the only Zelda character I know thanks to Breath of the Wild, and to see her as a younger version in Smash would be awesome. Much easier echo, as well. If Skull Kid gets in as DLC, I could see Impa being combined as a free echo. I can really only seeing that with First Party characters, though, as Third Party characters would probably be a considerable bump in price.

Outside of Dixie and Impa, however, all I really care about is third party characters as I have pretty much everybody I want in Smash. Joker would be nice for Persona representation, as I love the aesthetics and music, and hope Jack Frost could be incorporated. Slightly high chance given Sakurai may like Persona 5 and it was a highly received game recently. Dante would be interesting, mostly for my friend who loves Devil May Cry, and would be interesting if Nero was an echo, if that's possible (Don't know anything of the games outside of playing the one everyone hates). And I feel like if any third party series could get a second character, it'd be Sonic and I feel like Tails is another popular fan favorite, even involved in an infamous Smash rumor. Slightly lower chance than the rest, but I'd be happy for him to be in the game. And then Rayman, though that's a difficult one, as he's had a trophy in Smash 4, so you'd think he'd be well suited to be in Ultimate already. Sora probably has the highest chance of all, given that he's been hinted at already for DLC, and I feel like aesthetically matches Smash completely.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, if we're talking about Rhythm Heaven music...

I know Remix 10 from Fever is popular due to how well know it is and for....*cough*other reasons*cough*, but ya'll are sleeping on the best Remix.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The 10 charcaters I want most are 7 Goemons, 1 Ebisumaru, 1 Sasuke and 1 Yae.
Or the last 3 in 1. That is 10 Goemons.
So am I not allowed a sig cause am a noob here :/

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
I may have found something that may explain why Gamexplain is acting strange, but it's my theory so it's NOT 100% confirmed. It's copypasted from a anonymous user in 4chan.

I've noticed something incredibly curious, /v/. Listen up.
>On the day of the leak dropping, the 24th, everyone is EXTREMELY vocal about it, putting in their two cents
>On the 25th, people are still talking about it until you near the end of the day, where Marina's comments on the leak not being affiliated with them period happens
>One key thing is said in that post: "We will be contacting Nintendo and Bandai Namco"
>On the 26th, radio silence from "insiders" happens and everyone who doesn't choose to be silent begins to bash the leak as fake at all costs
>Nintendo probably found out the leak from Marina on the 25th, or early 26th
>From there, Nintendo went panic mode and told everyone to shut the f*** up immediately, heavily suggesting that any conversation about the leak itself can and will cut them off from their ambassador program

TLDR: Gamexplain and others may be acting strange because Nintendo just found out about the leak from Marina PLV.
This could explain why a majority of insiders are saying it's fake.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
"fortnite4smash has posted a rumour on Tumblr, suggesting that Captain Toad will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate. They also included palettes representing every flavour of Skittles as proof."

I've been saying it since day 1 dammit, LEAK IS FAKE!!! CAPTAIN TOAD SKITTLES COLOR PALLETE IS NOT THERE!!

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Papa thinks Incineroar's 'in', though he's making a video today to explain what his theory on it is.

My own guess is day 1/very early DLC/Nintendo online sub reward, but that's MY theory.
I’ll take anything at this point...

Though I wonder when the rest of these insiders heard of Incineroar... If we had a timeframe of some sort that may help up about Incineroar’s position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom