• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
EW SOMETHING KIDS LIKE WHAT ABOUT ME NINTENDO HUH? WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT DO I GET FOR BEING LOYAL EVER SINCE 510174 BC? WHY ARE LITERAL CHILDREN ALLOWED TO HAVE SOMETHING FOR THEM YET EVERYTHING ISN'T ALLOWED TO CATER EXCLUSIVELY FOR ME?
Maybe we just don't like seeing Seinfeld Skeleton and Roblox Man compared to gaming giants that have x1000 the amount of effort and passion put into their games than either of them have. It's not necessarily just a "REEEE, KIDS GAME" thing. I don't remember why I couldn't remember this argument the other day, because it's kinda one of the best ones...

And Minecraft used to be good. I used to like, still kinda have a small soft spot for it even. But they decided to stop evolving the game, sell out, and advertise most of the game with "AmAZinG CoMMunITy cOnTENt". It's really only noticeable as a Minecraft fan who's been there since day one.

And they really need to give Steve back his ****ing beard already, seeing as he's always advertised with it but the default player skin doesn't have it anymore. This really irks me, because it's what made his design iconic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I tthink they mean, that every time we think it's dead, It comes back.
Though I would compare it more to something like Superman or Goku...
Nah, that's a slasher villain. It's being Jason Voorhees right now.

Maybe we just don't like seeing Seinfeld Skeleton and Roblox Man compared to gaming giants that have x1000 the amount of effort and passion put into their games than either of them have. It's not necessarily just a "REEEE, KIDS GAME" thing. I don't remember why I couldn't remember this argument the other day, because it's kinda one of the best ones...

And Minecraft used to be good. I used to like, still kinda have a small soft spot for it even. But they decided to stop evolving the game, sell out, and advertise most of the game with "AmAZinG CoMMunITy cOnTENt". It's really only noticeable as a Minecraft fan who's been there since day one.

And they really need to give Steve back his ****ing beard already, seeing as he's always advertised with it but the default player skin doesn't have it anymore. This really irks me, because it's what made his design iconic.
I don't mind Undertale, since it's made by somebody that likes Mother a lot. If anything, Fortnite is much more of a meme game than it.

That said, if it were up to me, I'd replace Bandana Dee in the comic with Ken, since it would fit people's Vergeben narrative.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, I've figured out my ideal way to play Smash Ultimate:
8-player Smash, 5-stocks, 4 Ice Climbers and 4 Chorus Kids/Glee Club (if we are to take this leak into account), ALL items on, stage morph changing every 30 seconds (if that's possible, if not every minute) with Fountain of Dreams and Big Blue, in handheld mode.
A guide to how to crash your switch forever
Don’t forget Pokeball appearance on maximum and ALL of them are Dittoes

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yeah, lets not exile papagenos or anyone that end up "on the wrong side" for that matter. Thats a good way to make the whole smash boards experience a lot less enjoyable and a lot more echo chamber-y.

Anyways heres a fun little game, what songs would you expext to be in the trailers for the 7 characters?
Shadow- I am all of me (Shaodow The Hedgehog)
Ken- Kens theme (SFV)
Isaac- I got no clue lmao
Mach Rider- Mach Rider (Melee)
Chorus Kids- Remix 10 (RH Fever)
Banjo Kazooie- Main theme (rock rendition) (BK- Nuts and Bolts)
Geno- Forest Maze (NEW Remix)
Shadow- All Hail Shadow (Sonic 06)
Ken- Ken Stage (Smash 4 remix)
Isaac- Battle Theme (Golden Sun/Brawl remix)
Mach Rider- Mach Rider (Melee/Ultimate Remix)
Chorus Kids- Yeah, not sure actually
Banjo-Kazooie- Main Theme (Ultimate remix)
Geno- Forest Maze (Ultimate remix)

Can’t wait to see the Amiibos of these characters if they get in.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ok so here is how I would see things with some of your suggestion.View attachment 172643
DLC PACK 1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DLC PACK 2

We have above the main Roster with bellow two pack of DLC per season. If either we have that I think Sakurai will be able to say
View attachment 172646
If this is the roster, NOA made a huge mistake. They should have called this Smash Bros. Perfect.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I dunno. If I made this comic, I would have had Sans from Undertale and Freddy Bear from Five Nights at Freddy's be Steve's henchmen. Basically, all games that are only popular as memes be aligned together for a common goal; to ruin Smash Bros. by getting in.

I know this'll ruffle a few feathers, but that's how I feel about all three franchises.
Minecraft isn't only popular as a meme. It's second best selling game of all time...

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Considering that the most bigger youtube channels are endorsed by Nintendo with their free review copies and what not, I find it really strange when they weren't, they would've spoken about these leaks for days, but now that this leak has come out, I think they have gotten too defensive with their assumption that this is fake.

Let a direct come sooner than later Nintendo, this is like the Mt. St. Helens of leaks and this **** is about to blow.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, I REALLY hope Ultimate’s DLC comes in season packages because I honestly didn’t like the random announce and release format Smash 4 had.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The Threads I use, and how people are responding:

The RH and Chorus Kid threads are of course, rejoicing,
The Elma support thread is taking it very well...
The Incineroar thread doesn't believe it
The Ayumi thread is a bit bummed that the retro rep is Mach Rider
The Steve thread is a little mad that Banjo got in, and they hope that it's fake
I mean as someone who wants a RH rep over all those choices...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Lucario is our only legit DS rep so far, is he not?...
I find it funny that despite being the best selling handheld of all time, The DS has only one Smash character to it's name,
Therefore, another reason why I think Chorus Kids would be a great addition...

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Lucario is our only legit DS rep so far, is he not?...
I find it funny that despite Being the best selling handheld of all time, The DS has only one Smash Character to it's name,
Therefore, another reason why I think Chorus Kids would be a great addition...
Its time for Cooking Mama to enter the battle

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ok so here is how I would see things with some of your suggestion.View attachment 172643
DLC PACK 1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DLC PACK 2

We have above the main Roster with bellow two pack of DLC per season. If either we have that I think Sakurai will be able to say
View attachment 172646
> No Andy

I will most certainly ask you for something again. :)

I also don't think DLC will work like that TBH. I expect something akin to Smash 4 albeit with more content given the game will have more time and is on a more successful console.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

So the argument now is "Steve doesn't look cool"? I think Pinnochio and a bear with a bird aren't exactly cool but thanks, now I have another argument for why I can say they're painfully boring choices to me! Or is the argument "Not enough effort in the game therefore unworthy for Smash"? Cause then we can cut Sonic, Mario, Link, etc. cause a lot of franchises have lackluster games that get a pass for being part of the franchise

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made a Garfield edit to represent this leak
View attachment 172641
Sounds about right.

View attachment 172646
Question!

Why have you got Bayonetta-Sonic-Shadow+Snake-Simon-Richter and Cloud-Banjo-PACMAN+Megaman-Ryu-Ken on different rows when there's space for the second row on the one above?

Besides that admittedly minor nit-pick, this is pretty good (*weeps over the lack of Tails, Agumon and Tifa in the DLC packs*).

*insert MGS "You're pretty good" gif here*

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Let's say that the Grinch Leak is true and that those are our last character to be reveal ! Now let's imagine that SSBU fall into season pass for having DLC character the first batch will be:

DLC Season 1:
Incineroar
Dixie Kong
Black Shadow
Skull Kid
Rex&Pyra
Shantae
Sora
Rayman

Who would want for a DLC season 2 ?
Fix'd.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
> No Andy

I will most certainly ask you for something again. :)

I also don't think DLC will work like that TBH. I expect something akin to Smash 4 albeit with more content given the game will have more time and is on a more successful console.
Perhaps just that it seems that season pack are the way of selling DLC these day, maybe Nintendo would want to jump on the bandwagon for once ?

Wambo

Smash Ace
Please stop posting those Steve? fanart images. They're off-topic and will be treated as spam. This is the final verbal warning.

Besides that, please link to your videos more often. It's making it harder to load the site with that much embedded media. Especially for mobile users.
But why though, am I missing something here? People post funny little webcomics/fanart like that on here all the time and nobody thinks it's a big deal. Gonna take a shot in the dark and assume that you just don't like Steveposting. :awesome: Not really off-topic, either, as they're relevant to the characters being discussed. Saying that it's because they're "webcomics/fanart" and not discussion means that every meme/reaction image ever posted doesn't belong here either.

"Well technically they don't"

That's just no fun at all then

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
If Incineroar gets announced I can already see people saying "no one said Grinch leak was the final roster."

The Grinch leak already has 7 characters, thats a lot.
Anyone who tries to make that argument is desperate. Given how characters are added to the mural there is no reason for Incineroar to not be on it unless all of the other characters have already been revealed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Threads I use, and how people are responding:

The RH and Chorus Kid threads are of course, rejoicing,
The Elma support thread is taking it very well...
The Incineroar thread doesn't believe it
The Ayumi thread is a bit bummed that the retro rep is Mach Rider
The Steve thread is a little mad that Banjo got in, and they hope that it's fake
?

There's literally only been three posts in the Steve thread since the leak: someone posting the leak, someone saying "maybe DLC?", and one person sad about no Steve. There's no anti-Banjo sentiment there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But why though, am I missing something here? People post funny little webcomics/fanart like that on here all the time and nobody thinks it's a big deal. Gonna take a shot in the dark and assume that you just don't like Steveposting. :awesome: Not really off-topic, either, as they're relevant to the characters being discussed. Saying that it's because they're "webcomics/fanart" and not discussion means that every meme/reaction image ever posted doesn't belong here either.

Because it clutters the page, basically making it inaccessible for mobile users or those with bad internet? Like what Opossum said in the previous page?

Wambo

Smash Ace
So the argument now is "Steve doesn't look cool"? I think Pinnochio and a bear with a bird aren't exactly cool but thanks, now I have another argument for why I can say they're painfully boring choices to me! Or is the argument "Not enough effort in the game therefore unworthy for Smash"? Cause then we can cut Sonic, Mario, Link, etc. cause a lot of franchises have lackluster games that get a pass for being part of the franchise
You're totally overlooking the main part of my argument and you know it. The Steve thing was just a gag and a small personal wish.

Someone's touchy today, eh?

Then, oh wise one, do tell, what was the main part of your argument?

Your first paragraph was about "Design not good me not want" and "Not enough effort put in the game"
Your second was primarily about "Minecraft USED to be good but now it's bad". Like what Zelda, 2D Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, etc. get.
Your third is about a beard

No offense but this line of thinking is boring. Besides, Minecraft is a Microsoft IP Nintendo gladly promotes and they even advertised that fans of one of the companies can play with the other, that's pretty significant

Not trying to bash Banjo or Geno, they're just the most boring character choices I can think of
>Asks what main part of argument was, literally says what it was it in second sentence
First of all, nice start

People say Zelda is bad now? Man, **** that Breath of the Wild game then for winning all those awards.

"This line of thinking is boring." A lot of people would disagree with you.

>Boring character choices
Sassy bear and bird that work together, and badass puppet warrior from the stars are boring? And square block man who says "OOMPH" isn't? I can't even take you seriously anymore, bruh

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

I think he means those creepy steve images, they have been posted on here many times.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Incineroar gets announced I can already see people saying "no one said Grinch leak was the final roster."

The Grinch leak already has 7 characters, thats a lot.
Actually, people have said the Grinch leak is the final roster. Many times. :laugh:

If we get Incineroar, well, tha's the way de cookie crumbles.
?

There's literally only been three posts in the Steve thread since the leak: someone posting the leak, someone saying "maybe DLC?", and one person sad about no Steve. There's no anti-Banjo sentiment there.
MAYBE THE POSTS WERE DELETED!

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!

BUY GOLD!

*shot by mod sniper*

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
Echoes dont count as newcomers. We would have 10 newcomers if this leak is true which is fewer newcomers than any smash game

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yeah, I'd actually like more handheld reps in general.
I never played Code Name Steam, and honestly no interest in doing so, but if one those characters got in for some weird reason I’d be all for it because I’d love to see more series get recognition in Smash, even if they’re average.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice

Personally I like my Nintendo crossover game to have Nintendo characters or at least Nintendo relevant characters in it, and not just anyone they can get the license to. Minecraft Steve and Sans are not Nintendo character, nor remotely related to Nintendo. They aren't like Simon or Mega Man, where their IPs are deeply attached to Nintendo and share a deep history with them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
?

Okay, lol I read one of the posts wrong... Taking that statement out...
Its time for Cooking Mama to enter the battle
OUENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

HEEEAAALLP!!!

Agents are go!!!
I'll take both of those too... And maybe Neku while we're at it...

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Echoes dont count as newcomers. We would have 10 newcomers if this leak is true which is fewer newcomers than any smash game
>echoes don't count as newcomers

are you referring to Dark Pit and Lucina? No, they DO after Daisy was announced to be peach's new echo. Same thing that goes for Richter, Chorm, and Dark Samus.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Let's say that the Grinch Leak is true and that those are our last character to be reveal ! Now let's imagine that SSBU fall into season pass for having DLC character the first batch will be:

DLC Season 1:
Incineroar
Dixie Kong
Black Shadow
Skull Kid
Rex&Pyra
Steve
Sora
Rayman

Who would want for a DLC season 2 ?
Dovahkiin and Tails! :awesome:

I'm actually interested to see how DLC will end up working out here. Sakurai doesn't come off as the kind of person who's crazy about doing DLC, but he does come off as the kind of person who likes to give the fans more and more...which is exactly what DLC is. We got 7 for Sm4sh - 3 vets, 3 third parties, and an ad. How would potential DLC go? I can't see Nintendo not offering it; they'd probably pressure Sakurai to just do it since it will sell amazingly, so who will it focus on?
New characters like Springman or Rex?
Assist promotions like Waluigi or Midna?
New third party reps like Dovahkiin (shut up let me dream)?
Extra characters in existing franchises like Skull Kid or Tails?

Assuming the Grinch leaked Smash Bros, we got the most fan requested characters, and a decent number of the next tier as well. Will there be a ballot to get the next level of fan supported characters? Will Sakurai put in a few of his surprises? Have other third party companies approached Nintendo, or possibly put it as a sidenote in their contracts?

I'd love to see loads of DLC, maybe with cheaper echoes, and of course alt costumes as well. I'm definitely up for loooooooooong DLC support with loads of characters. Let's let this Smash have a shelf life longer than Brawl, and keep giving it updates!

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I think that Isaac from Golden Sun at this point is basically guaranteed by Nintendo. Sure, there's been no explicit proof, but they keep dropping hints, like the mysterious item, and the picture of the people facing the dragon. all of these are ' it's either Isaac or coincidence " scenarios, but I believe the Nintendo knows what they're doing. They don't just throw in random items into thier trailers.
The point is: why should Nintendo/do Nintendo need drop hints about newcomers they will reveal later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom