• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Accurately puppet sized Geno
>Conductor with Chorus Kids instead of just the 3.

Yeah, no fan could possibly think of these designs even after nearly a decade of several fan-made movesets and mods.

Sakurai is the kinda guy who goes into EXTREME detail when it comes to character concepts.

@Tyrathius ...Maybe because he’s focused on the the front....?
Anecdotal for sure, but I'd toyed with the idea of the Conductor being included ever since it was included on their 3DS trophy. It wasn't a concept that was unheard of.

KngTrue

Smash Rookie
Can you guys imagine if we didn’t get this leak holy **** the conversation would be so dry honestly feel like Nintendo ****ed up BIG time on the reveals ffs

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
well Kens still there so they didn't get lazy in one part at least. I'm trying really hard to believe its fake but literally who would go through all this effort?!
I'd've been more surprised if he wasn't there. Although it does kind of look like K.Rool and Bowser's fire disappear, but I dunno.

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of the main reasons why I'm reeeeeally hoping Banjo's in the base because most people who may not even know Banjo would try them out, and perhaps experience the same joy I had playing Banjo-Kazooie back in the day, perhaps convincing skeptics of how unique they are. It's why, even if this ends up being true, I hope Incineroar's in the base, somehow, for ya. I'm rootin' for you!

(just please don't let box theory end up somehow being true after all this)
By the time I was old enough to play games Microsoft already murdered Banjo and Kazooie, but if the N64 classic has the game i'll definitely try it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm just happy Nintendo's been nailing it as much as they have been lately. I'm starting to believe the Switch will go down as the new best Nintendo console of all time. It's only approaching two years in and the library is already legendary, from both first and third party offerings.

This is a handheld that plays the biggest Smash, the biggest Mario, the biggest Zelda, a great sequel to Splatoon, a solid Kirby entry, a return to form for Mario Sports games (well, okay, maybe only in baby steps), and that's not even scratching the surface for their first party offerings. And on the third party front, we have things like Civ, Katamari, Octopath, and legendary indies. It may not have AAA PS4 releases, but dang does it still hold its own with what its got.
Don't forget Super Mario Party actually being what the fans wanted, and a return to form in itself (even if it has flaws).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's an underrated point. We have :ulticeclimbers:, but three guys at once? With possibly the conductor in the background? Crap's nuts to program, man.
I don't think it means that it wouldn't happen though.
And I have a hunch they wouldn't actually work like Ice Climbers, as in not "separate", but it's something I'd probably have to illustrate in a video one of these days, so hold that thought.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If Skull Kid is actually there and is transparent like his MM entrance, Mach Rider seems to be looking at him as if they're thinking "what the heck?" Otherwise, idk what Mach Rider is looking at, as their visor's and head's positioning seems to show that they're looking downward.
Where is Mach Rider's other leg in the scenario where that's Skull Kid? Especially if the idea is Skull Kid is transparent. It clearly looks like he's just straddling a bike to me.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
By the time I was old enough to play games Microsoft already murdered Banjo and Kazooie, but if the N64 classic has the game i'll definitely try it.
You gotta try it. It may show its age to new players now, but it’s still, IMO, the best collectathon of all time

domriver

Smash Lord
holy **** that tournament youtube thing gave me a heart attack

geez this isn't healthy for me

this hopefully means a direct is gonna happen before then right?? riiiiiight???
You would think so. If the tournament is using an "updated" OR Full game then I really expect a direct Oct 30th. If updated - it could just add Simon,King K Rool, and Isabelle who knows. But If it is the final build (which wouldn't surprise me) then we will get direct day before. Oct 31st/Oct 30th. Could be wrong though. By Sunday ( USA)/ Monday (Japan) i think we will have our answer. :)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's one of the reasons why I find it odd Microsoft has gone back for their N64 designs, even if it's their 20th anniversary this year. Nuts & Bolts sold decent and got a cult following, while alienating most people who played the N64 games. Sakurai telling Microsoft they're going with their N64 design and abilities and giving fans what they've been wanting for 20-ish years will be cathartic.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget Super Mario Party actually being what the fans wanted, and a return to form in itself (even if it has flaws).
Super Mario Party legit surprised me. I was so ready for it to suck. Thankfully, though, it didn't, and my hope is that those flaws will slowly be patched out over time. :)

On the topic of Smash, I want Break the Targets back. I was actually kinda miffed when 3DS and Wii U didn't have it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm just happy Nintendo's been nailing it as much as they have been lately. I'm starting to believe the Switch will go down as the new best Nintendo console of all time. It's only approaching two years in and the library is already legendary, from both first and third party offerings.

This is a handheld that plays the biggest Smash, the biggest Mario, the biggest Zelda, a great sequel to Splatoon, a solid Kirby entry, a return to form for Mario Sports games (well, okay, maybe only in baby steps), and that's not even scratching the surface for their first party offerings. And on the third party front, we have things like Civ, Katamari, Octopath, and legendary indies. It may not have AAA PS4 releases, but dang does it still hold its own with what its got.
And Yoshi's Crafted World, which looks to me like an upgrade to Woolly World

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.
Just some thoughts from the Isaac boards.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Maybe only 1 or 2 of the Chorus kids are on screen at all times, but to get the last 1/2 to show up and make the attacks range/power larger you must hit the B button in the correct rhythm. Saves a lot of potential strain on the system by making 1 or 2 of the kids not an AI, especially with 8 player.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, forgot about that. The leaks rarely show information on those kinds of things. Still, I think the surprise can be ruined. Maybe not fully, maybe not so big, but it is still there. You know what I mean, right? I mean, lots of people as I have seen are still going to be excited either way, but I do think that knowing beforehand may have some impact on their excitement when they get revealed. But like I said, the ruining of the excitement doesn't have to be big.
Yep, I know. People sometimes like to be surprised.

Honestly, when it comes to this leak the thing that makes it similar is that the ESRB leak was never confirmed real until the gameplay leaked. I think we’re in similar territory here.

We can go back and forth saying that x, y, and z look off or we can nitpick the images themselves (what’s keeping me from going team fake are the ridiculous circumstances/the story behind it all), but frankly the only thing that will 100% rule this real or fake is either the leaker coming out and saying, “Bruh I bull****ted thousands of you fools” or actual footage in-game showing Banjo, or Isaac, or whoever, and even then it would have to somehow prove the banner art itself and not the character select screen.

This is in a league all it’s own. Frankly, I want this proven fake ASAP so that I don’t get my hopes up any further. I want this to be real sooooooo bad at this rate, and while I don’t think i’d be crushed if it is fake after all of this, I do think I would simply be disappointed at what could have been.

The flip side is a Smash game that will leave me with literally one or two character desires in DLC, and potentially never needing to speculate for another Smash game ever again.

Please, prove it wrong so that I don’t get completely bamboozled later. If it’s fake, I want these epic leakbusters to prove it’s fake ASAP.

But if it’s real..good god.
I understand the anxiety. The possibilities of this leak are surprising luring. I know the wait is hard especially when it seems like the discussion is going nowhere but I beg you to be patient. I have always seen you as one of the really insightful posters around here. I know you can hold on. Try to stay strong, the wait for the game is almost over. And if you need it, just take a couple of days off and then return when you feel refreshed. No need to let yourself be burned out because of it. It would truly be a shame to lose someone like you here.

StormC

Smash Hero
To me, the Isaac art just feels like something a fan wouldn't think of. I think a fan would have him with his sword out, or summoning a big spell, or doing something generically badass. Not kneeling on grass. So either this leak is real or the faker is Professor X levels of galaxy brain.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I've been gone for about 6 hours or something. Any update?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Wait what’s with all the Skull Kid talk? I thought the conclusion was that was Mach Rider not Majora

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

i love how two sides of the leak spectrum has lead to it's own lore and story

With steve being the main villain
This is amazing!!!
I don't care who's team villain and team hero (although this one fits like a glove, tbh).
And I love how they call each other: "Steve from Minecraft" and "Incineroar from Pokemon" haha nice! Sounds both empowering and villanous.

What the heck is inspector gadget doing there, is beyond me. Maybe it's a joke that I missed, because is clearly soared over my head.
Still, amazing comic.
Wish I could whip up something that's this charming to look at from the very first glance.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd've been more surprised if he wasn't there. Although it does kind of look like K.Rool and Bowser's fire disappear, but I dunno.
I think I can see Bowser's fire, though the paper in front of it makes it too dark to see any trace of K. Rool :S

This is amazing!!!
I don't care who's team villain and team hero (although this one fits like a glove, tbh).
And I love how they call each other: "Steve from Minecraft" and "Incineroar from Pokemon" haha nice! Sounds both empowering and villanous.

What the heck is inspector gadget doing there, is beyond me. Maybe it's a joke that I missed, because is clearly soared over my head.
Still, amazing comic.
Wish I could whip up something that's this charming to look at from the very first glance.
Inspector Gadget comes from this video (note: minor language):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8cSYfWCbM

SiIvaGunner also uses Gadget for some of their videos because of it; they even had a Gadget takeover.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And Yoshi's Crafted World, which looks to me like an upgrade to Woolly World
Depends on which version of Woolly one talks about, visually speaking. Wii U's better, but 3DS has the Yarn shorts to compensate.

Maybe only 1 or 2 of the Chorus kids are on screen at all times, but to get the last 1/2 to show up and make the attacks range/power larger you must hit the B button in the correct rhythm. Saves a lot of potential strain on the system by making 1 or 2 of the kids not an AI, especially with 8 player.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, a special character that's hard to master.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
To me, the Isaac art just feels like something a fan wouldn't think of. I think a fan would have him with his sword out, our summoning a big spell, or doing something generically badass. Not kneeling on grass. So either this leak is real or the faker is Professor X levels of galaxy brain.
I'd actually argue the opposite. A fan would draw him using a more obscure spell. A generic bandwagon Isaac supporter would just draw him swinging a sword.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
To me, the Isaac art just feels like something a fan wouldn't think of. I think a fan would have him with his sword out, our summoning a big spell, or doing something generically badass. Not kneeling on grass. So either this leak is real or the faker is Professor X levels of galaxy brain.
Yeah the renders are just.
Galaxy brain.

Never seen a "peaceful" Isaac.
Never seen a "doll-sized" Geno.
Chorus Kids WITH the Conductor is an incredibly rare sight.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Even as someone who things Steve is a cool idea all the ugly Steve memes are top quality. I like that it started as him harassing other newcomer options to being scared by Grinch to now being an evil mastermind that sits on a creeper throne and has Inceneroar as a mere pawn. The leaks ascend the lore to a whole new level.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
It's heavily Dark Dawn, where the base Venus Adept picked up Growth as a starter psynergy. It's a ridiculously minute detail, alongside the Venus Djinn that appears to be Flint.

If this is fake, the guy clearly has played at least Dark Dawn to figure this out. But at that point, picking the more relevant and understood Matthew for the leak would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom