• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm going to do no I Told You Sos. Though, I never really stayed on one side. The background presents issues, but the new (possibly Golden Sun) item last night rekindled my hope, and the quest for the present-grinch should keep my hope burning. Nothing too much happened today, besides the grinch making a cameo at nintendo UKs comic con, which was ****ing hilarious. Pray for the best ending bros, this leak has been the best roller coaster of emotions Ive experienced in a long time.
Man, I hope no plays the "I told you so" game. Speculation like this should be for fun, not silly ego boosts. Believe what you wanna believe!

I'm with Scoliosis Jones: I want this to be real so bad. The only reason I think it's fake is because of personal pessimism, not really because I believe there's hardcore evidence against it (and let's be real, there really isn't). There isn't anything proving it right now either, though. I'm just hoping for the final Direct to come sooner rather than later.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>Accurately puppet sized Geno
>Conductor with Chorus Kids instead of just the 3.

Yeah, no fan could possibly think of these designs even after nearly a decade of several fan-made movesets and mods.

Sakurai is the kinda guy who goes into EXTREME detail when it comes to character concepts.

@Tyrathius ...Maybe because he’s focused on the the front....?
Conductor "conducting" the Chorus Kids has existed for a while.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
holy **** that tournament youtube thing gave me a heart attack

geez this isn't healthy for me

this hopefully means a direct is gonna happen before then right?? riiiiiight???

StormC

Smash Hero
But again, there's no reason to assume it was problematic. Spencer put out his tweet saying they've worked with Nintendo in the past and would have no problem with it (if he was being genuine). That was early 2015 during the ballot, and possibly during Minecraft for Wii U's development. There's no reason to assume they had unworkable disagreements.
I'm not assuming anything. That's why I'm using words like "might."

Anyone who has read the Four Agreeements knows never make assumptions.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It’s literally all I can do to keep my expectations in check. I’ve been convinced for the last two months that Ken and Incineroar were it based on things i’ve heard, and now I see things that kind of tell me it’s a dream roster of dream rosters...and it hasn’t been clearly shot down within 3 days after comparisons of renders, breakdowns from web design/graphic design artists in the community, and nitpicking from likely hundreds if not thousands of people?

Then there’s the story that goes with it all.

I’ve been checking my phone a lot to see if anything has changed or has been proven, so it’s hard to stay unbiased. I want this **** to be real so bad, yet I can’t allow myself to completely believe it without having the fear or sadness being behind it.

Granted, then I remember that I will literally be able to play the game within basically 5-6 weeks time. We can’t forget that.
Stop putting it all logically like that and reminding me how this leak ain't even remotely debunked after becoming the most mainstream leak in years
Or I'll cry

TeamFake with me Jones

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think that's a red herring. I've been hearing "new build new build new build" since late June and it never happened. Besides it's 5 weeks till launch...
Yeah, it's still going to be the same thing as always. Same old E3 demo, being played alongside same old Mario Tennis Aces.

I still don't get why they're hiding more than half the revealed roster.

Uh, guys...?

I just realized that even the Grinch stuffs are unfinished cutouts still in the paper; they're diagrams themselves:

View attachment 172487

View attachment 172488

Notice the lines and black dots, and stuff that's on the same paper.

In fact, the only things that seem to actually be 3D are the circular fixture decoration with the characters, wrapped in plastic and that thing on the end:

View attachment 172490

Not sure what "Je Vous" means.

That black stuff on the paper, and above the Grinch with the dog? It's more marks covering up information.

y'know, just realized I may not have the original image, as I don't see Eric's name anywhere.
I believe that "Je Vous" means "I Will" in this context.

i actually need a rundown, there's a direct happening? what could be debunking it?
There's a rumor of a Direct happening on the 8th, so if anyone gets revealed in that Direct and it's not in the banner leak, it will be debunked, it's simple as that.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be honest; If it's real I might say "I told you so". This has just been a very stressful mind preoccupying period for me. Although it might be more likely that I'll just be celebrating.

justPUNT3R

Smash Apprentice
For the poll, was The Orpheon the only person/people who voted for Dark Samus? (I’m referring to the YouTube channel)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, it's still going to be the same thing as always. Same old E3 demo, being played alongside same old Mario Tennis Aces.

I still don't get why they're hiding half the revealed roster.
I always wanted to believe those "new build" rumors for the hope that my boi would be in them it's a crime that he wasn't

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm mostly burnt out at this point. We're day 3 into potentially the biggest Smash leak in history and it's hitting a stalemate. I'm starting to care less if it's real or not and I just want to play the game at this point. I got the characters I want, anything else is a bonus for me.

Everyone having an opinion on it doesn't help either. Opinions are like anuses, everyone's got one.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Man, I hope no plays the "I told you so" game. Speculation like this should be for fun, not silly ego boosts. Believe what you wanna believe!

I'm with Scoliosis Jones: I want this to be real so bad. The only reason I think it's fake is because of personal pessimism, not really because I believe there's hardcore evidence against it (and let's be real, there really isn't). There isn't anything proving it right now either, though. I'm just hoping for the final Direct to come sooner rather than later.
The points against it are just...so...so damning but also not damning and I hate it.

It's the incredibly small stuff which always knocks leakers down, but...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In the end I want this leak to be real because

View attachment 172494

Just look at him...

Geno is always human-sized in his mods and fake leaks but...this one got it right.
Geno's a little doll. Of COURSE he's Jigglypuff size.

I need this to be real for little baby Geno. Sassy Geno will always be the #1 but...just LOOK
This is actually also something I'm looking forward to, if the leak is real.

In SMRPG the size difference between him and his party are negligible due to how the sprites looked.
He's basically the same size as Mario and only slightly smaller than Bowser in that game.

I feel like he'd really be much smaller.

Image is irrelevant, but here you go

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

I still don't get why they're hiding more than half the revealed roster.
I just took it as “These characters are the most finished while we polish up the other half”. But that’s probably just me being silly.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
If this is a hoax, how many of us are gonna go hard campaign mode for these characters as DLC? I need Mach Rider more than ever now.

Besides that, if this is real my DLC requests will mostly be Doomguy, Rayman, Dixie, 2B and Dante and Thwomp

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is actually also something I'm looking forward to, if the leak is real.

In SMRPG the size difference between him and his party are negligible due to how the sprites looked.
He's basically the same size as Mario and only slightly smaller than Bowser in that game.

I feel like he'd really be much smaller.

Image is irrelevant, but here you go
A character perceived as so serious...
...as a little doll baby.

I think I'm gonna cry.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Wathever it is, I see something that's very similar to King K Rool's belly, but at the same time still has differences and the surrounding element don't match.
View attachment 172489
Any idea?
Actually, I figured this out.

What I was reading as Jiggly's eyes is totally Kirby's shoes. You can see Bowser pretty clearly, the green of yoshi, the yellow of the thunderbolt, the orange and green of Samus and her canon. Probably the most pointless thing I've figured out for this thing, lol.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Let’s be real, even if you’re team fake or even if you don’t get a character you wanted, this should be a cause for everyone to come together and be excited.

No teams, no biases.

Just celebration of the greatest gaming crossover in the history of gaming, and it’s coming out on Nintendo Switch in 2018.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
"Saying I told you so" is just gonna be unnecessarily insulting, whoever's right. Put yourself in the other position--would you like people rubbing it in your face? It's not as bad as some of the toxicity, but I would consider it mild toxicity--it benefits no one, and just makes others miserable.

(I have the temptation to do it if Banjo makes it in because he was ignored while I was the lone wolf giving all the reasons why he could be in--but again, it could have gone either way)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
If this is a hoax, how many of us are gonna go hard campaign mode for these characters as DLC? I need Mach Rider more than ever now.

Besides that, if this is real my DLC requests will mostly be Doomguy, Rayman, Dixie and Dante and Thwomp

Sakurai pretty much has DLC handed to him if this somehow isn't true

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just took it as “These characters are the most finished while we polish up the other half”. But that’s probably just me being silly.
That may seem logical enough, so I can't really see another reason.

I'm gonna be honest; If it's real I might say "I told you so". This has just been a very stressful mind preoccupying period for me. Although it might be more likely that I'll just be celebrating.
If anything this reminds me of every time a base roster got exposed. The only difference this time is that it's not on a CSS. Makes me feel a bit nostalgic, really.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Let’s be real, even if you’re team fake or even if you don’t get a character you wanted, this should be a cause for everyone to come together and be excited.

No teams, no biases.

Just celebration of the greatest gaming crossover in the history of gaming, and it’s coming out on Nintendo Switch in 2018.
Team ToasterBrains is winning the superbowl anyway.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It’s literally all I can do to keep my expectations in check. I’ve been convinced for the last two months that Ken and Incineroar were it based on things i’ve heard, and now I see things that kind of tell me it’s a dream roster of dream rosters...and it hasn’t been clearly shot down within 3 days after comparisons of renders, breakdowns from web design/graphic design artists in the community, and nitpicking from likely hundreds if not thousands of people?

Then there’s the story that goes with it all.

I’ve been checking my phone a lot to see if anything has changed or has been proven, so it’s hard to stay unbiased. I want this **** to be real so bad, yet I can’t allow myself to completely believe it without having the fear or sadness being behind it.

Granted, then I remember that I will literally be able to play the game within basically 5-6 weeks time. We can’t forget that.
The last few days, I've woken up thinking "what's the leak going to bring today?"

Say what you will about the leak and the controversy surrounding it, but it's finally something to talk about! After a month of almost nothing.

This is a good thing. Anyway...

When the Sprout surfaced last night... hoo boy, I got so excited for a bit there.

Seeing a blurry tiny Isaac is never going to compare to finally seeing the trailer and, eventually, seeing him in the game itself.
Honestly Im just so tired of politics being dragged into everything these days and I fee super awful that some guys I liked are dragging it into where it doesnt belong. While complaining about toxicity no less.
You don't get to complain about toxicity then bring up politics.
Say it with me now.

♪ Two wrongs don't make a right~! ♫

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

No teams, no biases.

I'll certainly be excited! I've still got Geno, and Incineroar might be dlc, so there's no reason for me to complain about characters I wanted.

Ignoring that, this game looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait for it. I'm gonna do every mode with every character. Twice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From what I can tell the whole gamexplain team seems to be kind of vitriolic towards anything regarding this leak for some reason
I dunno why, maybe it's because they don't like the choice (I mean, they were all largely against the idea of Isaac being in, saying he was very unrealistic and also irrelevant) of fighters. Which I find a little peculiar, considering it's a very healthy mix of fighters and not six Echoes and Incineroar.

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
I really disagree with this. He looks godawful, and it's mostly the hands. Those damn tiny palms with humongous sausage fingers have some uncanny valley **** going on with them. They look like they were made by your average 10 year old. Not to mention his tiny legs makes him look like those dudebros everyone loves to make fun for skipping leg day.

**** like the Trubbish and Vanillite lines may look lame, but they don't come close to the sheer uncomfortable feeling I get when looking at those bloody malformed hands from hell. They look extremely amateurish and awkward.
Dude, wat. Incineroar is the most handsome Pokémon to ever exist

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Sakurai pretty much has DLC handed to him if this somehow isn't true
Nah he really don't

If Isaac, Geno, or Banjo aren't base they aren't gonna be DLC. Geno and Banjo not being in at this point would have to be entirely due to the company that holds them from what I see, and if Isaac is just...not there for another game, safe to say, he's just...not coming back
If Shadow isn't in, I'm not sure they're gonna do Echoes as DLC. Sakurai doesn't seem like he'd wanna sell what many see as half-assed characters as DLC. Semi-clone maybe but...y'know, Tails.
If Mach Rider ain't it that's it man you can't push for ****ing Mach Rider enough for Sakurai to prioritize them as DLC
Chorus Kids are just uncharted territory

So yeah, I'm not sure he's got DLC at all.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I figured this out.

What I was reading as Jiggly's eyes is totally Kirby's shoes. You can see Bowser pretty clearly, the green of yoshi, the yellow of the thunderbolt, the orange and green of Samus and her canon. Probably the most pointless thing I've figured out for this thing, lol.
well Kens still there so they didn't get lazy in one part at least. I'm trying really hard to believe its fake but literally who would go through all this effort?!

KMDP

Smash Legend
I always just imagined that the star possessing the doll made Geno as large as Mario. Him being literally doll sized never occurred to me...
It would have been pretty funny if Geno, one of the most powerful members of that party, was only, like, 10 pixels tall in Mario RPG.

D

Deleted member

No teams, no biases.

I'm just happy Nintendo's been nailing it as much as they have been lately. I'm starting to believe the Switch will go down as the new best Nintendo console of all time. It's only approaching two years in and the library is already legendary, from both first and third party offerings.

This is a handheld that plays the biggest Smash, the biggest Mario, the biggest Zelda, a great sequel to Splatoon, a solid Kirby entry, a return to form for Mario Sports games (well, okay, maybe only in baby steps), and that's not even scratching the surface for their first party offerings. And on the third party front, we have things like Civ, Katamari, Octopath, and legendary indies. It may not have AAA PS4 releases, but dang does it still hold its own with what its got.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I do believe that if this is fake, this guy is literally a genius with his creative attention to detail.

If Skull Kid is actually there and is transparent like his MM entrance, Mach Rider seems to be looking at him as if they're thinking "what the heck?" Otherwise, idk what Mach Rider is looking at, as their visor's and head's positioning seems to show that they're looking downward (well he or she may just be straddling their bike and there's no Skull Kid).

Banjo is acting like nothing is wrong, while Kazooie is freaking out over Snake's weapon if not both that and Greninja's tongue.

Ken is doing his shoryuken (I assume), both him and Ryu doing an attack

Shadow is...edgy.

Chorus Kids are goofing around, with one pulling on the conductor's tie.

Isaac using Growth, with a Djinn (Flint? I haven't played Golden Sun) next to him.

Geno is....I don't really know? It's hard to tell; he seems to just be looking down after having leapt upwards and is now falling. I want to say he may have a weapon out, but I dunno.

It just seems like professional work imo (except we can only deduce what it could be due to the crappy image quality from the snapchat video stuff).

I believe that "Je Vous" means "I Will" in this context.
Ah, so I guess it's just a note or something.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'll certainly be excited! I've still got Geno, and Incineroar might be dlc, so there's no reason for me to complain about characters I wanted.

Ignoring that, this game looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait for it. I'm gonna do every mode with every character. Twice.
One of the main reasons why I'm reeeeeally hoping Banjo's in the base because most people who may not even know Banjo would try them out, and perhaps experience the same joy I had playing Banjo-Kazooie back in the day, perhaps convincing skeptics of how unique they are. It's why, even if this ends up being true, I hope Incineroar's in the base, somehow, for ya. I'm rootin' for you!

(just please don't let box theory end up somehow being true after all this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom