• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I just had a thought: if the leak was real, would anyone be upset about it for when the characters each get revealed in their trailers, you probably won't be that surprised because you knew of them for a while? Would you have wished that they weren't leaked beforehand so that you would be surprised even more?

It's one of the downsides of having leaks, they make things rather less exciting if they turn out real.
There's another side to this though.

What if the leaks are FAKE and like box theory or something turns out to be real. That would be ten times less exciting than having the Grinch leak itself just be real.

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Whatever. Back to what I said though, no one is going to rub it in others' faces if the leak is either real or fake, right? No I-told-you-so's?
Of course some people will, people are like that. Just because some people do it doesn't mean everyone else is a bad person

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What do you mean by a diagram? A graph?
It doesn't seem like a graph, it seems more like a technical view mixed with render of a promotional cardboard thing that hangs from the ceiling with some wires/ropes.
It's the same with the Grinch with the gift at the bottom right, they're intended to be hanging promotional graphics.
I dunno, ArtsyOmni said it was a diagram; a "blueprint" I suppose, it's printed onto the white paper or whatever, with the black lines and dots laying out what they're supposed to create.

That does seem like the banner that's on it, though; I'm pretty sure that pink blob is Kirby, as the colors to the left of him seem to lineup if that's the case. I suppose it was resized and somehow curved to fit the diagram.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's another side to this though.

What if the leaks are FAKE and like box theory or something turns out to be real. That would be ten times less exciting than having the Grinch leak itself just be real.
Nice thought. Box theory has been around longer, and while I am not sure if it meant less characters, I would think it would be disappointing, indeed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the most amazing way they could plan this would be another 50 fact Direct.

Like every few updates as a new character, especially if the leak is real.

Imagine just by fact 50, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo, Ken, and Shadow are revealed. #50 is Geno, but then fact #51 is Incineroar as DLC. Holy **** i’d freak out.

Nickolas

Smash Rookie
NNID
pammygayle
Switch FC
SW-2147-8350-8331
What if the unthinkable happens and it turns out that the Grinch leak isn't the entire roster, the universe would implode

KMDP

Smash Legend
Whatever. Back to what I said though, no one is going to rub it in others' faces if the leak is either real or fake, right? No I-told-you-so's?
Are you kidding?

"I-told-you-so's" will be a dime a dozen for a day or so.

Better do this right now.
I solemnly swear to not rub the leak being real in anyone's face should it come to pass!
I think the most amazing way they could plan this would be another 50 fact Direct.

Imagine just by fact 50, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo, Ken, and Shadow are revealed. #50 is Geno, but then fact #51 is Incineroar as DLC. Holy **** i’d freak out.
A glimpse of the best timeline.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Of course some people will, people are like that. Just because some people do it doesn't mean everyone else is a bad person
Agreed, for it is truthful. Still, whether the leak is real or not, the fighting will not end there, will it?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I just had a thought: if the leak was real, would anyone be upset about it for when the characters each get revealed in their trailers, you probably won't be that surprised because you knew of them for a while? Would you have wished that they weren't leaked beforehand so that you would be surprised even more?

It's one of the downsides of having leaks, they make things rather less exciting if they turn out real.
I wouldn't because even if I knew Isaac was coming via this leak I would still be hype as f**k and jump, yell, and scream if his reveal happens.

D

Deleted member

TBH that's one of the worst points to use imo
Sakurai's always going to undersell himself. I understand this will cause controversy to say.

5 newcomer trailers is indeed possible. Especially if it's "Everyone is Here! 2.0" with them being introduced as a surprise at the end. The Echoes are nothing hard imo just throw them in like they did with DS and Chrom.

Newcomer trailers can take a minute at most. I think 5 unique newcomers can classify as a "few".
He said a few before K. Rool and Isabelle's trailer, though. Plus, I feel like he was talking about characters in general, including Echos.

Honestly, I don't think he's underselling himself. The way things stand, there still aren't that many unique newcomers in this game compared to the last Smash, so his comment about not expecting too many new challengers still stands. I'm not saying what you're suggesting is impossible, but on the other hand, I don't think he's ever undersold himself with this game. That's just me, though.

Also, we will have to agree to disagree on the 5 reveals in a row trailer idea. Everyone is Here was all veterans, not brand new challengers. Inklings were only a part of it because they already had their trailer (still the best one IMO), Daisy is an Echo and they don't get fancy reveals (Richter was only in a trailer because he was Simon's Echo), and Ridley was saved until the very end with his own trailer. The most Nintendo has ever shown off at one time for unique fighters for both this game and Smash 4 was three, and one of those three would always be after the presentation. I think people are honestly focusing waaaaay too much on characters here and really underestimating how much time modes like Spirits, Games & More, Vault, and Online are gonna take up in the final presentation. Spirits has a huge presence on the main menu and was hyped up through hiding it in the last Direct. Even if it ain't SSE 2, it's definitely something big, and is probably being saved as the real last big hit for pre-release rather than some character.

Chrono.

Because Sonic was added in, last minute, and took priority from him...
At least, that's my theory...
Mewtwo was infamously janky as **** in Melee, so it wouldn't shock me if he was scrapped due to other weird issues with him while developing Brawl.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i'm leaning team fake soon because of this argument :(

sadly

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Are you kidding?

"I-told-you-so's" will be a dime a dozen for a day or so.

Better do this right now.
I solemnly swear to not rub the leak being real in anyone's face should it come to pass!

A glimpse of the best timeline.
On second thought, I would rather get the popcorn ready for the event. Sometimes, things like that can be fun to watch, even if they should not happen. I can see it happening more than it not happening, unfortunately.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Because Sonic was added in last minute...
Except delaying the game for Sonic helped them add the post-Subspace characters. They could've also delayed the game for Mewtwo and get a chance to make some more of the Forbidden Seven not so forbidden, but I guess their deal with Sega was more important.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

See I could see either a 50 or, dare I say, an 100 Fact Extravaganza. Because, this game is crazy!!!

Chrono.

Don't do this to me bro.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Yes, I agree and I already pointed this out a while back.

Now I'd like if someone can analyze the picture on the cylinder and find where it matches with the banner. I have tried myself but they look like completely different images to me... if we can find where it mathces and can compare the two thing, maybe we can get more informations., at least in favor of "team fake".

My point is:
-the artifacts on the picture are consistent between the different pictures (empty battlefield, characters, empty battlefield with logo) so they aren't due to bad quality of the picture.
-if you apply some filters to the E3 banner it creates some artifacts that make it more similar to the one of the leak
-the picture on the cylinder is extremely blurry.

View attachment 172468

If we can confirm that the cylinder matches the banner, it could prove that the banner is blurry not because of the bad quality of the picture, but because some filters have been applied to the picture, maybe intentionally to hide the flaws.
It still wouldn't debunk the thing completely but it would be a huge evidence against it.

(I kinda see Mewtwo's face but it seems flipped horizontally, and completely misplaced also; the surrounding stuff doesn't match either).

I think that pink blob really looks like Jigglypuff, but I think it's actually Kirby.

Best I could decipher. It's interesting that whether it's Kirby or Jigglypuff, though, it cuts people off from the top.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
November 3rd?

Tinfoil Time!!!

Something will be announced sometime during that tournament. I wager the final Smash Direct. After all, the August one was announced at EVO.

Untouch

Smash Master
At a quick glance, characters don't look as washed out to me in the "newer" build.
Smoke looks the same to me though.
Looking at two direct feed captures.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
i'm leaning team fake soon because of this argument :(

sadly

Means nothing because the "distortion" argument from Team Real never made sense. The argument is "this is not for in game, we have no clue if they would need to change certain elements" for the printing process, etc. Omni said himself, pointing out these differences are nitpicks--it's whether or not those nitpicks are convincing. For me, they're compelling, but not conclusive, and doesn't hold a candle to all of the other things pointing towards it being real, from the image and surrounding circumstances.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fighting will never end.
Turn around, look at what you see...
In their face, the rubbing of their dreams
See the leaks, they're everywhere
Given in the light
Written on the forums
Is the chaos of the Neverending Story
Ahhhh-Ahhhh-Ahhhh

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice

Switch Geno with Banjo and you're good to go!

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Honestly, if Incineroar is a character, I'd be disappointed, Machamp has always made a lot more sense to me, and while they'd probably end up playing similarly I just can't see that incineroar would be better than everyone's favorite four-armed tightsman.

KMDP

Smash Legend
On second thought, I would rather get the popcorn ready for the event. Sometimes, things like that can be fun to watch, even if they should not happen. I can see it happening more than it not happening, unfortunately.
I expect people to hold me to that quote.

And if I start doing it, to draw it up and remind me of what I said (if/when the leak is proved real).

Last edited:

Chrono.

If fake, I'd really like to see the process behind the banner. As well as the artwork for the 7 characters.

But sadly, it's never gonna happen due to uhhh possible felonies being committed.

StormC

Smash Hero
Because Sonic was added in, last minute, and took priority from him...
At least, that's my theory...
Correct, this is also my theory.

I also theorize something similar might have happened to Banjo. Nintendo/Microsoft relationships now are not what they were in December 2015.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Even when one knows about the characters, I still would have a lot to be surprised, what moves do they have? how are their personalities displayed on the screen? Do they have appropiate voices for the characters? What cool costumes do they have? Does the trailer do justice to the character? What winks are there to the source material?

I suppose it mostly depends on what you consider valuable though.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I dunno, ArtsyOmni said it was a diagram; a "blueprint" I suppose, it's printed onto the white paper or whatever, with the black lines and dots laying out what they're supposed to create.

That does seem like the banner that's on it, though; I'm pretty sure that pink blob is Kirby, as the colors to the left of him seem to lineup if that's the case. I suppose it was resized and somehow curved to fit the diagram.
Wathever it is, I see something that's very similar to King K Rool's belly, but at the same time still has differences and the surrounding element don't match.
WTF.png

Any idea?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Not sure why I am posting this but something seemed...off with this
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Ash liked Golden Sun. Why is he so dead panned on this video? Seems super fishy to me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Whatever the case, at least one person will feel like this:

tenor.gif

Correct, this is also my theory.

I also theorize something similar might have happened to Banjo. Nintendo/Microsoft relationships now are not what they were in December 2015.
Banjo and Kazooie confirmed for saving everyone's butts from the final boss.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Not sure why I am posting this but something seemed...off with this
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Ash liked Golden Sun. Why is he so dead panned on this video? Seems super fishy to me.
I've never heard Ash talk about Golden Sun ever and I've listened to GameXplain for years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom