• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Because this is better looking?

I don't know how Microsoft really has not sold USB drives that look like Steve.

Just look at him. He looks like you plug him into your computer and BOOM! You got yourself a wireless mouse friend.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Even as someone who things Steve is a cool idea all the ugly Steve memes are top quality. I like that it started as him harassing other newcomer options to being scared by Grinch to now being an evil mastermind that sits on a creeper throne and has Inceneroar as a mere pawn. The leaks ascend the lore to a whole new level.
WHERE ARE THEY EVEN COMING FROM THEY'RE RUINING MY SIDES

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Yeah the renders are just.
Galaxy brain.

Never seen a "peaceful" Isaac.
Never seen a "doll-sized" Geno.
Chorus Kids WITH the Conductor is an incredibly rare sight.
I dunno about this "doll-sized" thing. Geno is smack dab between Pac-Man and Ness and he seems to be the same size as them. Which is Mario size and what I'd expect.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
All this leak talk was a breath of fresh air after box speculation but it's honestly starting to get kind of old. We haven't discussed anything else for 3 days straight. I'd love to see conversation on the actual characters, as many of them are ones we haven't talked about to death, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

kumikomical

Smash Rookie
We are possibly past this point already - but can anyone explain how - if the leaker has painted the mural from scratch - he managed to get the waterfalls on the right correct, when they have always been obscured by Wario and Dedede?

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Something is definitely up with incineroar the more im hearing about stuff.

But I have no reason not to think he might simply be DLC or something and the banner is in fact base roster, not sure but something is odd with incineroar behind the scenes of this leak.
this is interesting to me. all im hearing is oh hes in, oh hes not in bc of the leak, oh hes in and the leak’s real, but its weird hes not on the banner

honestly which is it

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Although, what does Gadget have to do with this? Is it his crossover in the SMBSS?
I believe it’s a reference to the notoriously godawful amazing Cinemassacure video that featured a poorly animated Inspector gadget rambling about brown bricks and Minecrap.

The channel has been trying to get it wiped from the Internet for years, but it always comes back.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well actually in my defense as an Isaac supporter, I envisioned Isaac's artwork replicating that of his artwork from The Broken Seal.

Makes sense given Sakurai uses the source material for character artwork. Cloud in Smash 4 is the same pose from official FF7 artwork.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I dunno about this "doll-sized" thing. Geno is smack dab between Pac-Man and Ness and he seems to be the same size as them. Which is Mario size and what I'd expect.
babey.PNG

Am I confused? He looks to be just a bit taller than Jigglypuff.
I think that either way he's a good bit smaller than the human-size he's usually depicted. I think that's pretty clever. But it's so blurry you can't even tell.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Definately have a request whatever the outcome is

I don’t want any “I told you so” type of stuff the point is it’s about fun

And we should enjoy smash ultimate regardless of what the final roster is regardless of this leak being real or not

I mean I want it real and I think it might be but if it’s fake I would be a little sad but barely any I mean we are still getting the best roster to date regardless

Heck geno and Isaac might be playable regardless of the result of the leak as well.

D

Deleted member

i love how two sides of the leak spectrum has lead to it's own lore and story

With steve being the main villain
I...I really like how Incineroar is drawn here. I think the design is actually starting to grow on me.

I'm gonna kinda be sad if he's not in now, TBH.

TheCrystalCave

Smash Cadet
My prediction for how the characters will be revealed (if leak is real):

After a shadow drop reveal trailer for Isaac at the Nintendo Live event, a Direct will be announced for the following week.

The Direct opens with the CGI trailer for Banjo and Kazooie, which proceeds the "Super Smash Bros. X Microsoft" screen. A Minecraft stage and assist trophy will be announced.

Mid-Direct, the final echo-fighters will be revealed. Ken and Shadow.

Stages are revealed to have a total of 108, and a new Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider stage is shown. Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are announced, but no big trailer, just a splash screen and some gameplay. One stage is obviously obscured from audiences view, as we only see 107 stages.

The Direct ends with a reveal trailer for Geno.

EDIT: Sora is announced at The Game Awards for DLC

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
Bumping this, because I truly don't think this was brought up.

BIG IF the mural was designed to have light shine from within it like an actual light display, would that not expose some details we cannot fathom to see currently?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Where is Mach Rider's other leg in the scenario where that's Skull Kid? Especially if the idea is Skull Kid is transparent. It clearly looks like he's just straddling a bike to me.
Mach Rider.png

I believe it's between the red lines I added, so it may very well just be him straddling his bike; I started thinking it was Skull Kid because it does look sort-of like a heart shape like Majora's Mask underneath Mach Rider, and stuff I've seen someone post in the Skull Kid thread.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait, does this mean the "faker" was able to get stuff right behind Dedede, which was always obscured? One of the major assumptions (I think) of Team Fake has been they wouldn't have access to the E3 blank Battlefield explaining the details missing, but here it looks like an example of something they would not have been able to "guess" if they didn't have access to the blank Battlefield. That was the one compelling part of Omni's dissection. I'm fully aware and accepting the fact that I could be wrong here (as I've tried to stay away from the more nitpicky arguments).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Super Mario Party legit surprised me. I was so ready for it to suck. Thankfully, though, it didn't, and my hope is that those flaws will slowly be patched out over time. :)

On the topic of Smash, I want Break the Targets back. I was actually kinda miffed when 3DS and Wii U didn't have it.
Since I can't play Super Mario Party myself (yet), I only have Let's Play videos to go off of.

Here's my thoughts on Super Mario Party, based solely on what I've seen through those Let's Plays.

Some of the minigames are a little too short, and would be improved by making them a little longer (even just 10 seconds)
The Golden Pipe is way too overpowered for it's cheap cost and ease of purchase; I also like the idea of adding risk by having a minute chance of it failing and sending you as far away from the star as physically possible)
Players should be given the option to chance the price of the Star if they choose to (maybe even also have the option to have the Star Price go up the more stars you have or, hard mode, the more Stars are in play).

There's also the obvious stuff like "too few boards", but it's understandable why there are so few boards, and that's what DLC is for.
To be evil, I think they should have one or two boards that reintroduce Chance Time. Mwahaha.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I feel like the leak may be real in terms of how creative these renders are. The doll sized Geno and Conductor with the Chorus Kids remind me of the same stuff with Smash 4. Only Sakurai would've thought of something as creative as having the Dog and Duck work together as friends.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Actually, I figured this out.

What I was reading as Jiggly's eyes is totally Kirby's shoes. You can see Bowser pretty clearly, the green of yoshi, the yellow of the thunderbolt, the orange and green of Samus and her canon. Probably the most pointless thing I've figured out for this thing, lol.
So it's the same picture as the banner, but even more blurred out?
It's not as blurred as, it's MORE blurred despite being bigger and closer to the camera.
Also, Isn't K Rool missing from the cylinder?!? At the left of Bowser I don't seem to see K Rool... I think a part of the background is visible instead, since there is some white grey/white stuff, but I may be wrong, the background should look different in that part of the picture.

This is very strange.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
We are possibly past this point already - but can anyone explain how - if the leaker has painted the mural from scratch - he managed to get the waterfalls on the right correct, when they have always been obscured by Wario and Dedede?
At various points in time, the left waterfall and the center waterfall have been visible, but the right waterfall, the one that is missing in the leaked banner, has never been visible.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If the leak is true and "Chorus Kids" heavily incorporates the conductor into their moveset, what do you think they will be named?

Here's a Straw Poll, just curious.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yeah I really like the English cast, I adore both the dub and sub nowadays though and i'm willing to jump into it while waiting, I'm more than willing to buy stuff over and over again.

Zero and AO are amazing yeah. I love all the games and pretty much all the characters, and i'd pay an arm and a leg to get Rean into Smash, but that sadly will never actually be in the cards, feel like if Falcom ever did get anything in Smash it'd be Adol from Ys, which i'd be ok with too but this is so purely hypothetical it hurts me to even say haha. 0.01% chance of ever being plausible.
There's so much to love: the world building, story, characters, replay value, gameplay, music, continuity, and even minigames lol. I think at least one game in each Trails arc made me cry; that is no simple feat.

Honestly, if we got music from either series in Smash (Ys or Kiseki), I'd be content. It's a shame those series' are so niche; they're two of the best ARPGs/JRPGs, respectively.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

i love how two sides of the leak spectrum has lead to it's own lore and story

With steve being the main villain
Inspector Gadget would actually work as a Snake Echo Fighter y'know.

As a matter of fact, the community needs to demand it happens.

31: Snake
31ε : Inspector Gadget

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'd actually argue the opposite. A fan would draw him using a more obscure spell. A generic bandwagon Isaac supporter would just draw him swinging a sword.
It would be a certain subset of fan as well. There's a sizable divide on whether Isaac should just use the "base class" psynergy or include those that are equippable or from other classes, and Growth is one of those from another class.

Growth is also a bit weird because it's basically optional. You use it constantly for making ladders to places with Djinn or other goodies, but very rarely if it all does the game actually force you to use it...in the first game. The third makes it available at the start and is used a TON for getting around some areas. But Isaac isn't really a major character in the third one, so it really throws me for a loop.

Basically, having it be a major part of the mural is surprising and unexpected. Like sure, it makes sense, but even for a fan it's nothing i would have guessed. Heck, I wouldn't have guessed Isaac would be front and center either.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
View attachment 172503
Am I confused? He looks to be just a bit taller than Jigglypuff.
I think that either way he's a good bit smaller than the human-size he's usually depicted. I think that's pretty clever. But it's so blurry you can't even tell.
He looks to have almost a full head above Jigglypuff but the same general size as Pac-Man and Ness, imo.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Incineroar and Dee being his evil minions...
It's a /v/ meme. Someone made this model of Steve as a joke and for several days different variations of it were spammed on the board (usually by jokingly stating that he's confirmed for smash). Now that this is going on Creepy Steve is being depicted as the "villain" of Smash Ultimate. He's basically become separate from OG Steve.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This is interesting, https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...nge-of-the-heart.76864/page-132#post-14256225

But what would this imply? The leaker does know what different variants of the background looks like? But then the other issues with it would be even more strange to have.
This guy didn't realize that there's not just three versions of the banner. There's six. Each banner has two versions. The non-looping version, and the looping version. In the looping version, the cast is less densely packed and reveals more of the background, including the waterfall he claims has always been hidden. You can see this on the website right now, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom