• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
ik Shadow's just going to be a nearly identical clone of Sonic but if Sakurai included this in an official smash game I don't think I'd ever see the sun again

I would never ask Sakurai anything ever again if shadow gets this move set. It’s the dream lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can I recommend, when potentially conclusive evidence on each side is found, we play this song to feel properly emerged into the debate. :demon:

Nice, but why they always have to do these videos half an hour long?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
ik Shadow's just going to be a nearly identical clone of Sonic but if Sakurai included this in an official smash game I don't think I'd ever see the sun again

That's pretty bad***. Loved how he got in the middle of Sonic's Here trailer from Brawl.

I'm going to be really upset if he doesn't get his own trailer. I would love to be hyped at more Sonic content being in the spotlight for once.

KMDP

Smash Legend
MACH RIDER AS FALCON ECHO CONFIRMED???

"RIDER PAWNCH"
MACH PAWNCH!

Turns out Mach Rider is the new Pokémon rep.
If they were trying to weed out leakers, wouldnt they be giving everyone a different pokemon?
All "insiders" only believe Incineroar.
We assumed the intention was to weed out leakers.

They might have paid people off to say Incineroar, using the leakers intentionally to bamboozle us.

I mean, the Meltan "leak" in Pokémon GO wasn't a leak at all, right? :laugh:

Pakky

Smash Hero
what u mean by fan-made echo chambers
Well what I mean is that fans make up reasons why a pokemon would be in smash without having any hard evidence or at most very little.

This time it was Deicidueye- People said he had anime presence among other things but he only really had pokken.

Before that Zoroark- Honestly had a lot going for it just not time.

Before that Spectile

Now some have more than others but few just keep popping up also have time and number of appearances on their side.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

damn y'all to this day I still can't believe that the grinch who stole christmas is a captain falcon echo. Who would've guessed??

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Which is why I've been arguing the owner of the work station probably isn't the leaker. It'd be totally different if this was someone's home but it's a work space within a company, adding significant ramifications that a personal workspace wouldn't. This is why this is significantly different from Omni's Rayman. I'm pretty Omni did his at home, or at the very least didn't openly show it was at his work if it was. Fake or real, the workplace is held in compliance because of the attention it has garnered, which is why they made a public statement. Omni's Rayman didn't have these legal implications.
I agree with this honestly, and what makes me still think it could be SOMEHOW fake (beside the Insiders and background inconsistency) is that it's something I can see the Jeux-Vidéo.com sub-forum do this for **** and giggle. They're probably even worst than 4chan from time to time, and with that dumb fake with "Lapailledor", how we learned that they had a private discord server and were posting fake 4chan leaks on a daily basis and how it's By pure randomness a French design company that leak that-

Like, it's something I keep Behind my head and a reason of why I'm not taking a fake/real stance at all.

Because that **** is difficult to fake and such... But they're completely capable to do this and ruin the life of a 50 years old dude just to make a fake leak and set things up. Wouldn't be the first time they do that. Though usually it's for YouTubers and rarely for a videogames

MainJPW

M.T.A
Super shadow would be lame if it just acted like sonic's, Chaos Blast makes a perfect final smash for him
It's also worth pointing out that their Super Forms after SA2 fight radically differently:

Shadow, as opposed to Sonic, opts for Chaos projectiles via Chaos Spear and Time Stop via Chaos Control:

You can even directly compare his fighting style to Sonic's here:

Sonic always rams at Lightspeeds, Shadow just shoots stuff.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Talk to the official art then. From this official magazine.

You were wrong, Mach rider in NES is not created by Yasuo Torai, because I read Wikipedia at source Mach Rider (NES) is the western game, not the Japanese game. Because it is originally released in North America, October 1985 after 2 months it has released to Japan November 1985.

This promotional art is not from Nintendo, but that "Mach Rider" is different from another company and does not have a license from Nintendo, Yasuo Torai and Yasuhiro Kagami are not mentioned from Nintendo.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
The thing that's funny about all of this is that we've been so conditioned to expect certain things as a fanbase that we're giving equal grounding to Sakurai adding four popular fan picks versus the most elaborate hoax in gaming history done by a professional graphic designer with a 20,000 IQ, no moral compass, and an odd hobby of making bootleg Grinch products.
This is the greatest sentence I've read all year.
But it doesn't... The box comes out on November 2nd...
That seems too early for a Direct to come out beforehand
Which makes the supposed Nov.8th date more logical now, pre-launch products will be out in the wild and delivering a presentation just a month under release will drive the hype back up to crazy levels.
I finally caught up (50+ pages) and what interesting developments.

Someone had suggested waaay back that Incineroar was the "leaker bait". Now I would have said that a long time ago before the Grinch Leak, but I decided to not (Started to like the big fire lug).

But with what seems to be misinformation (shades of Gematsu) going about in the insider knows, perhaps "bait" isn't the right word.

More like...spoon fed info. What is interesting is the fact we know (insert name here from Nekoo) guy has SEEN the banner and is suggesting "Thats not what I SAW"
The fact most of the leakers have different sources with different characters (supposedly) YET they all say Incineroar is in.

THAT. is. WEIRD! Have we had anything like this in the past!? I find it hard to believe that EVERY "credible" leaker says Incineroar is in with (possibly) different characters to their name.
Yeah I was wondering that myself. Everyone and their grandmother is spewing Incineroar's name like he's already been confirmed and I'm just like "is Nintendo really okay with that?" There's some who are certain he's in and think the banner's fake cause he's absent, but I dunno what to believe really. I wish GameFreak could be satisfied with having 9 reps in one game and new Pokeball characters from the latest installments, but we know they're like the mafia and will force a new rep in every game no matter what.
we need the gun. and we need it now.
Guarantee some of his reveal footage will have him using the Rage Blaster on Sonic.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I may have found Eric Bricard’s Facebook page. I’d link it, but I don’t know if I’m allowed to do so. If anyone wants to see if they can contact him via Facebook, be my guest. I don’t know if he speaks English or what, and his pictures definitely look like some guy in his 50’s.

D

Deleted member

I may have found Eric Bricard’s Facebook page. I’d link it, but I don’t know if I’m allowed to do so. If anyone wants to see if they can contact him via Facebook, be my guest. I don’t know if he speaks English or what, and his pictures definitely look like some guy in his 50’s.
hold up WHAT

dm me with a link if you're not allowed to link it here. this is hella interesting

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
2008-2012 days of edgy cartoon network with shows like total drama and 6teen.

One of the earlier regular show episodes had it.
6teen was 2005 tho.

And hey man I liked that show back then. Don't be dissing it lol.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I want to see Shadow’s weaponry to appear in some way, like his victory animations or maybe even his official render baiting people into thinking he’ll use it ala Ganon/Dark Pit.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
This sounds like it's taking things too far. He's probably been harassed enough

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I want to see Shadow’s weaponry to appear in some way, like his victory animations or maybe even his official render baiting people into thinking he’ll use it ala Ganon/Dark Pit.
I can easily see his victory animation being him loading his pistol, saying "Why am I here?"

Flon

Smash Cadet
I'd absolutely advise against tracking this person down. That's why I've yet to mention his name whenever trying to talk about the leak. It'd be for the best if we didn't draw attention because you never know the potential for harrassment.

Graizen

Smash Champion
When resampling images, larger or smaller, you always loose some quality. This is natural as you are either adding or removing pixels from your image.

When you make an image smaller, it will become sharper and more pixelated, as the higher contrast edges are maintained at the cost of the less important filler information.

When you make an image larger, it will become more blurry. This is because you are adding pixels between the existing ones that are a created as a blend of its neighbors.

Yes, some colors change or even disapear. Some parts of the image can simple vanish. Thats what pixelation do.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'd absolutely advise against tracking this person down. That's why I've yet to mention his name whenever trying to talk about the leak. It'd be for the best if we didn't draw attention because you never know the potential for harrassment.
Especially since there could be multiple people named that and, for all intents and purposes, someone completely unrelated may end up taking the blame.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Finally, someone with common sense. I agree fully... I mean, what if he was framed? The poor guy would be harassed for no reason...

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Reminder to everyone who knows the #truth that Mach Rider is female, that due to sexism, which Sakurai and Nintendo are in no way immune to, the character will 100% be reffered to as male if they are in the game.

Truly dissapointing but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's no point arguing it. If people believing she's female really bothers you that's weird.

ekc

Smash Cadet
Are we really about to keep digging into this dude? This is a dangerous game ya'll, don't go crazy for something we'll know about in a few weeks.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Not Gonna lie, but this is worse than a drought, it's been chaos recently. The Grinch Leak and Etika's odd behaviour, its actually a nightmare, no good has come out of this week.

I want to see how this ends, but I really want this leak to be faked, I won't post why I want it to be fake, as I know I'll get some slack.

WE NEED A NINTENDO/SMASH DIRECT RIGHT NOW!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's also worth pointing out that their Super Forms after SA2 fight radically differently:

Shadow, as opposed to Sonic, opts for Chaos projectiles via Chaos Spear and Time Stop via Chaos Control:

You can even directly compare his fighting style to Sonic's here:

Sonic always rams at Lightspeeds, Shadow just shoots stuff.
I used to want Shadow's to have the exact same FS as Sonic. But seeing how Sonic's sucks... so ... very... MUCH in Ultimate (what are they thinking, seriously??) I prefer Shadow using Chaos Blast.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The thing that's funny about all of this is that we've been so conditioned to expect certain things as a fanbase that we're giving equal grounding to Sakurai adding four popular fan picks versus the most elaborate hoax in gaming history done by a professional graphic designer with a 20,000 IQ, no moral compass, and an odd hobby of making bootleg Grinch products.
Sounds about right.

That's pretty much exactly how I envisioned Shadow to be.
When resampling images, larger or smaller, you always loose some quality. This is natural as you are either adding or removing pixels from your image.

When you make an image smaller, it will become sharper and more pixelated, as the higher contrast edges are maintained at the cost of the less important filler information.

When you make an image larger, it will become more blurry. This is because you are adding pixels between the existing ones that are a created as a blend of its neighbors.

Yes, some colors change or even disapear. Some parts of the image can simple vanish. Thats what pixelation do.
Here's a test.

Take an image, shrink it down and save it. import it to another file, blow it up again ("increase the size", for non-English speakers) and see what happens.

Do it repeatedly for "better" results.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

koality.png
Can confirm, you can make anything look like a plate of oatmeal with enough compression.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'm with the others in which throwing around the man's facebook page, on top of everything else he has likely gone through, is probably extremely poor taste by this point. While I, too, am starved for more information of some degree, I don't expect we'd find anymore interesting details this way. I'd recommend leaving him be.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm just hoping he uses his bike in his victory animation/entrance animation, that'd be neat

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Reminder to everyone who knows the #truth that Mach Rider is female, that due to sexism, which Sakurai and Nintendo are in no way immune to, the character will 100% be reffered to as male if they are in the game.

Truly dissapointing but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's no point arguing it. If people believing she's female really bothers you that's weird.
At least everyone can agree that Dark Samus is a female newcomer, right? There is no debate regarding her, right? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom