• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If there's one thing for sure it's that if this is fake the creator is definitely within the Smash community.

This isn't "oh I saw someone suggest Geno on Twitter" this is following speculation closely to the point of even leaving Incineroar out because of the dislike towards the character.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
About Mach Rider is not a female, I proof this trophy information says "him". Look at the image:
trophymachrider.jpg

After the destruction of his hometown, Mach Rider jumped onto his machine-gun-equipped combat motorcycle and set off in search of a new home, destroying all the Quadrunners who got in his way. His motorcycle had four gears and endless ammunition. When hit, Mach Rider would break into fragments and then rejoin together. Mach Rider - 10/85

More these description here:
The Mach Rider appeared in the arcade (It was essentially a modified version) to Mach Rider, Vs. Mach Rider (No canon). Each time the player completed a level, an image was gradually revealed of a woman with a dagger standing next to Mach Rider's bike. It is unclear whether this is meant to represent Mach Rider's true identity, or if she is a survivor in the gated community of the resistance, as the only plot text in the game describes the 10 mission scenarios and she is not present in the NES original.

While Mach Rider has not gained a true sequel, many elements from the game, such as the futuristic setting, incredibly high speeds, and aggressive racing have also been used in Nintendo's premier racing series F-Zero, making it somewhat of a spiritual sequel to Mach Rider. Even the title character of Mach Rider bears some similarity to the hero of the F-Zero series, Captain Falcon. (Because both characters are different)

Other appearances:
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee: Mach Rider is one of the trophies in the game.
  • WarioWare Twisted!: There is a microgame based on Mach Rider that includes him.
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Mach Rider appears as a sticker of him astride his bike grants 29 extra points to the Explosive Damage stat.
  • Mario Kart Wii: While Mach Rider doesn't appear himself, one the unlockable bikes is the Mach Bike.

Last edited:

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
So, just a general thought.

I've seen the sentiment that the leak is likely real due to the layers it has. Be the leak real or fake, I think there are people out there who will probably be taking notes. Those inspired to make a fake leak in the future will want to look at this whole thing. They know the sort of things people use to try to debunk something. They'll know the sort of detective work and trails people follow. The pieces for what make a leak effective or talked about can be found here. "Oh, the Grinch leak got traction because of the inclusion of the new movie merch. I should put a small and "random" detail in mine as well!" "Hm, I need to add some kind of professionalism. I could allude to a random company, maybe a foreign one to avoid easy communication."

They can look at the "holes" too. Either choose to avoid making the same "mistakes" as past fake leaks, or perhaps allow them just so it does create doubt and buzz and conversation. "I'll omit a detail, then that'll get people to argue back and forth, really fire things up."

Like, I'm not saying anything about this leak being real or fake. I'm juts saying that in the future, we could see leaks that try to mimic the bits that help make this one such a big deal. Just a thought about how past leaks or this one could be used as a road map.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's what I'm saying though. In order for it to be totally fake, the person basically had to create all of this (new artwork and professional grade promotional items) at a professional work station at their place of work that could be traced back by literally anyone who works there. I'm fully aware of Einstein's infamous quote but this is next level stupidity for a professional with this degree of talent. That's why I still say it was someone else who did the video: a friend, son/daughter, custodian, etc who got access from the actual graphic designer and did a quick video when he wasn't looking, on break, taking a piss, etc. Think a Sorcerer's Apprentice like scenario. Even in all his wisdom, Yensid still left his hurr durr intern Mickey to his own devices and I think something similar happened here.
It's possible that the Grinch material is entirely real and the leak is fake however.

There's nothing stopping this guy from printing something on the work floor and taking a Snapchat.

D

Deleted member

who would win in a fight

a leaker with good credibility in smash despite not having much in other series but is still pretty accurate

vs

one green christmas-stealing boi

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shadow is probably getting Super Shadow. I've seen a lot of Jinjonator talk for Banjo, but I think we might get something else, like Jiggy Rain or a cutscene attack.

IDK about most of the others. I guess Isaac can do one of those Djinn things, or Mach Rider can get a Blue Falcon-esque FS, but otherwise...?
Maybe Banjo gets the same Final Smash as Donkey Kong...

Isaac's Final Smash will probably be Judgement (which I envision being something like Bahamut's Mega Laser from Midgar).

D

Deleted member

Maybe Banjo gets the same Final Smash as Donkey Kong...

Isaac's Final Smash will probably be Judgement (which I envision being something like Bahamut's Mega Laser from Midgar).
holy **** that is one of the most over the top battle animations I've ever seen wtf

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
About Mach Rider is not a female, I proof this trophy information says "him". Look at the image:
View attachment 172274
After the destruction of his hometown, Mach Rider jumped onto his machine-gun-equipped combat motorcycle and set off in search of a new home, destroying all the Quadrunners who got in his way. His motorcycle had four gears and endless ammunition. When hit, Mach Rider would break into fragments and then rejoin together. Mach Rider - 10/85

More these description here:
The Mach Rider appeared in the arcade (It was essentially a modified version) to Mach Rider, Vs. Mach Rider (No canon). Each time the player completed a level, an image was gradually revealed of a woman with a dagger standing next to Mach Rider's bike. It is unclear whether this is meant to represent Mach Rider's true identity, or if she is a survivor in the gated community of the resistance, as the only plot text in the game describes the 10 mission scenarios and she is not present in the NES original.

While Mach Rider has not gained a true sequel, many elements from the game, such as the futuristic setting, incredibly high speeds, and aggressive racing have also been used in Nintendo's premier racing series F-Zero, making it somewhat of a spiritual sequel to Mach Rider. Even the title character of Mach Rider bears some similarity to the hero of the F-Zero series, Captain Falcon. (Because both characters are different)

Other appearances:
Smash trophies are full of incorrect info. One of them said Kaptain k.rool was king k.rool's brother. They're just wrong sometimes.

I dont really have any investment in whatever conversation you're having, but melee trophies really arent reliable.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
It's possible that the Grinch material is entirely real and the leak is fake however.

There's nothing stopping this guy from printing something on the work floor and taking a Snapchat.
Yes but would they have diecut lines for the Grinch renders (which really only people in marketing ever use)?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, I don't even know what's real or fake anymore after the whole Etika thing being a stunt. All I can really say on the matter is that it's weird how Nintendo hasn't went after people when back during the ESRB days, they did.
Striesand Effect: the more you try to cover something up, the more it exposes it. Remember too how Nintendo gave up like a day later in frustration and released Shulk's video as more or less a white flag.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yes but would they have diecut lines for the Grinch renders (which really only people in marketing ever use)?
Like I said, the Grinch stuff could be real. There's no reason to expect that if it wasn't then the leak couldn't.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why would a pokemon be used as leaker bait? Where's the logic in that?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
holy **** that is one of the most over the top battle animations I've ever seen wtf
You think Judgment's over the top? (Judgement is in the highest tier of Summons in the first Golden Sun game, Lost Age introduces more, some of which are stronger).

Take a look at Golden Sun's ultimate Summon, Iris.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I just had a thought regarding that—isn't there a chance that Chadandorf and the Grinch leak person are the same person? It could be entirely possible that the guy says all those characters are in, then a month later puts out a blurry Snapchat image that includes all those characters from the profanity-filled text leak. Especially given the "LOL" thing on the Grinch leak which seems pretty much like something the Chadandorf poster would do.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Geno Flash seems like the ez copy-paste final smash for Geno but it could actually be a number of things.
There was a (fake) leak a month ago that suggested Geno's final smash was Exor falling from the sky and crashing into the stage (obviously insta-KOing anyone in the way) while Geno jumps away and Geno Whirls him for 9999 damage, causing him to explode and deal massive damage to anyone nearby.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I see that we're still kind of in the same place as we were last night. Man, it'd be nice to get something, even just a little something - ANYthing. At this point, all I can really do is wait as patiently as I can and hope we get an actual presentation soon.

It got me thinking about reveal trailers for a couple of the characters, and how that would probably go. Frankly, if Banjo is a fighter in the game, I think it would be quite funny to have someone like Mario, or Link, going after some golden trinket that the viewer can't quite make out from a distance (Shine sprite? Piece of the Triforce? Etc..), and then once they get close enough, the object is actually revealed to be a golden jigsaw piece, at which point Banjo-Kazooie swoop in to snatch it first, before posing accordingly - cue the character splash screen. :starman:

D

Deleted member

You think Judgment's over the top? (Judgement is in the highest tier of Summons in the first Golden Sun game, Lost Age introduces more, some of which are stronger).

what the **** bro it was just a dragon there was no need to be so cruel

osby

Smash Obsessed

This was the most gratuitous thing I've ever seen and I loved it.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Geno Flash seems like the ez copy-paste final smash for Geno but it could actually be a number of things.
There was a (fake) leak a month ago that suggested Geno's final smash was Exor falling from the sky and crashing into the stage (obviously insta-KOing anyone in the way) while Geno jumps away and Geno Whirls him for 9999 damage, causing him to explode and deal massive damage to anyone nearby.
That'd be kinda cool considering Exor is the only boss not immune to Geno whirl

is geno whirl like, a super busted move
On regular enemies and exor if timed right it does 9999 damage

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Shadow is probably getting Super Shadow. I've seen a lot of Jinjonator talk for Banjo, but I think we might get something else, like Jiggy Rain or a cutscene attack.

IDK about most of the others. I guess Isaac can do one of those Djinn things, or Mach Rider can get a Blue Falcon-esque FS, but otherwise...?
Super shadow would be lame if it just acted like sonic's, Chaos Blast makes a perfect final smash for him

Pakky

Smash Hero
If anything I know Isaac and Geno are real based on past hints.

Though if we're going for a rival theme.

Wouldn't it make sense to have Incenroar vs Pikachu Libre?

Also who fights Issac in Golden Sun? I don't think Geno has a nemesis that you could add does he? Smithy is just a huge sword right?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
>fakes and oversells every reaction he make

boi did you not see etika's reaction to mewtwo, it was so legendary to see behold.
I think that definitely fit the definition of overselling tbh. Either way though, hope he ends up ok.

Still on #TeamFake, can't wait to find out when that next direct is! And most likely it's going to be a Ken reveal, which will neither confirm nor deny the leak and we'll have to keep waiting lol.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
That'd be kinda cool considering Exor is the only boss not immune to Geno whirl
yeah. hell, assuming a regular Geno Whirl is already apart of Geno's moveset, his FS could be an insta-kill Geno Whirl that flashes the screen white and has Geno do his head-nod towards the screen as the opponent is blown away for 9999 damage.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
is geno whirl like, a super busted move
its gimmick is that if you do a timed button press at the right moment while using it, it deals 9999 damage. this obviously isn't allowed on most boss fights but for some reason Exor isn't coded as a boss enemy, so he's able to be insta-killed by it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

But that would also make it super traceable to their station. That's not leaving breadcrumbs, that's perfect spiraling a loaf of pumpernickel at the back of your boss's head and doing a Michigan J. Frog dance routine when they turn around. In other words, any notion of subtly/discreetness would be BTFO, making them instantly discovered.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
ik Shadow's just going to be a nearly identical clone of Sonic but if Sakurai included this in an official smash game I don't think I'd ever see the sun again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom