• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
That copyright stuff really dents the leak if there’s no Microsoft or Camelot. I’m team fake now.
I’m kidding don’t hurt me

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
RIDLEY MADE IT TO THE BOX

WOOOO

how far we've come
I know isn't that crazy!!!! Really shows how big of a deal his inclusion is, the only other newcomer on the box is Inkling and well yeah that's probably a big selling point considering how popular the franchise is.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Except, again, he's then possibly breaking an NDA with Universal/Illumination, implicated his place of work in a scandal troubling enough to make them put out an official statement and launch an investigation, throwing his career away, and possibly being blacklisted from the industry... all for a fake leak and, at most, two weeks of internet fame. Believing this means he's somehow a diabolical genius and paint chip eating idiot at the same time because there's no logical end game. Why put this much effort into something that would very likely ruin your life if you were discovered?
But by the logic you previously presented, he's still opening himself up to legal trouble.

If the Grinch material is real he's screwed up, if it's fake he screwed up; if it's the actual roster then goddamn he screwed up. You using "but legal action" doesn't work because he's at great risk either way. Some people are just that confident in things/downright stupid.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Do we know if this Eric dude was punished or anything like that? If he was fired or w/e this could very well be the final nail in the coffin of team real
I don't think that would really matter. Something of this magnitude, real or fake, would get him into serious trouble.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, I don't even know what's real or fake anymore after the whole Etika thing being a stunt. All I can really say on the matter is that it's weird how Nintendo hasn't went after people when back during the ESRB days, they did.
Nintendo only started taking action when the videos were posted, no? I don’t remember if they were taking down the pics of the CSS.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I want off Mr. Sakurai's and Based Grinch's wild ride - at least we'l have a direct basically guarenteed in 3 weeks or less and I just bought Waluigi's Taco Stand and Banjo-Dreamie on physical N64 carts so I can tide myself over, along with the Dodgers in the world series, Halloween, and weekly NFL games. I'll make it and so will everyone else -

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Rayman trohpies werent credited ever in Smash either... so the dreaded box doesnt kill the leak, but i like the sound of "Team Ruh Roh". Hope to see more developments soon.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If Banjo was in the game but unrevealed, why would they show their hand and put Microsoft on the box?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I meant same

I agree with you

But I don't really see any damage control

Is there a link to some.
One could construe what Serebii, GameXplain, Source Gaming and Smashified are doing (vehemently denying the leak) as a form of damage control.

Of course, they're not official sources, so... whatever.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I finally caught up (50+ pages) and what interesting developments.

Someone had suggested waaay back that Incineroar was the "leaker bait". Now I would have said that a long time ago before the Grinch Leak, but I decided to not (Started to like the big fire lug).

But with what seems to be misinformation (shades of Gematsu) going about in the insider knows, perhaps "bait" isn't the right word.

More like...spoon fed info. What is interesting is the fact we know (insert name here from Nekoo) guy has SEEN the banner and is suggesting "Thats not what I SAW"
The fact most of the leakers have different sources with different characters (supposedly) YET they all say Incineroar is in.

THAT. is. WEIRD! Have we had anything like this in the past!? I find it hard to believe that EVERY "credible" leaker says Incineroar is in with (possibly) different characters to their name.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

The lack of info is driving us mad
Yeah it needs to end, I gotten to the point that I not even worried about the last characters are, I just want to know when they will show them. I'm going to going to enjoy this game regardless of what happens in the final direct.

This place is gone bananas about these leaks, it's like a political debate between leakers, Verge vs Grinch. Seriously this is absurd.

_gold_

Smash Master
Maybe Incinaroar "leak" was used as a red herring to divert attention from something bigger? Grinch leak?

Rhmbus

Smash Rookie
I guess we should be looking for another playlist update soon, though god knows what that last one was for

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But by the logic you previously presented, he's still opening himself up to legal trouble.

If the Grinch material is real he's screwed up, if it's fake he screwed up; if it's the actual roster then goddamn he screwed up. You using "but legal action" doesn't work because he's at great risk either way. Some people are just that confident in things/downright stupid.
That's what I'm saying though. In order for it to be totally fake, the person basically had to create all of this (new artwork and professional grade promotional items) at a professional work station at their place of work that could be traced back by literally anyone who works there. I'm fully aware of Einstein's infamous quote but this is next level stupidity for a professional with this degree of talent. That's why I still say it was someone else who did the video: a friend, son/daughter, custodian, etc who got access from the actual graphic designer and did a quick video when he wasn't looking, on break, taking a piss, etc. Think a Sorcerer's Apprentice like scenario. Even in all his wisdom, Yensid still left his hurr durr intern Mickey to his own devices and I think something similar happened here.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Shadow is probably getting Super Shadow. I've seen a lot of Jinjonator talk for Banjo, but I think we might get something else, like Jiggy Rain or a cutscene attack.

IDK about most of the others. I guess Isaac can do one of those Djinn things, or Mach Rider can get a Blue Falcon-esque FS, but otherwise...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom