• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'd think you'd be all for a Paper Mario item regardless of the game it comes from. I know I would be ecstatic if I knew of a Yoshi item regardless of what it is...
Oh believe me I definitely would be. I'd lose my mind. Just don't see it as possible unfortunately.
Rooting for a Poochy Assist Trophy (or playable, he was my dark horse want way back)

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
What if they pull a Cloud and reveal one of the non-echos as a standalone trailer, then confirm a Final Smash Direct (for base at least) coming a few days or a week after?
It's possible with that 2 directs rumor

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
UMMMM: https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...n-character-reveals-isabelles-inclusion-more/
Apologies for my absence last week. The earthquake in eastern Iburi, Hokkaido put a hold on the Nintendo Direct, as we could no longer use the original draft we had prepared.
What if Isaac really WAS supposed to show up in that direct and was delayed due to the earthquake. I used to think those people were conspiracy theorists but now it actually seems legit.
EDIT: Yes, the direct would have been delayed either way, but the fact that the script had to be changed is interesting to me. Sorry for being disrespectful.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The funny thing is, before yesterday, I didn't even know Isaac had a "growth" ability. I actually like having anime swordsman in the roster, and one who also happened to be an earth bender always seemed appealing to me. But to have earth bending and plant bending? Dang that'd be cool. If this leak is fake (which I believe it is), I hate it for making me want a character who may not happen.

As for the item itself, I think it's worth noting that it's not really comparable to Smash 4's Ganondorf leak. That leak actually showed Ganondorf himself, while this one is just a small item, which on its own isn't a big deal. Heck, we can't even all agree if it's actually a Golden Sun item or not. I'll bet most of us wouldn't even be thinking it is one if there wasn't an impressive Isaac leak already on our minds. But even if it is a Golden Sun item and Isaac is in, I could still see Nintendo leaving it up because an item by itself isn't really that big of a leak.

And let's not forget that there are items from franchises without characters. Lip's Stick anyone?

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Oh my gosh they actually changed the thread title. Glad to be of service.

Wonder what kind of chaos is going on over at Nintendo right now. It's a bad situation either way. Either the leak is real, and that's a problem for obvious reasons, or it isn't, and now expectations are higher than reasonable and people will get disappointed.

I'm sure they won't put the pedal to the metal and rush the next Direct, but I'm sure they feel a bit more pressure to get ahead of any further leaks.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If Incineroar really isn't in base roster, chances for Decidueye making the cut as DLC are very much increased.
Actually if they aren't in the base game the chances for a gen 7 Pokemon in as dlc are dead. Next year will all be about gen 8.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
everyone, keep an eye on nintendo's tweet, if it gets deleted in anyway and is tweeted again later WITHOUT the item being seen, that definitely says something
It's actually interesting how they haven't removed it yet.
They bailed QUICK on the Ganondorf leak.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Well, this has been an interesting day, that's for sure. Lot's of interesting stuff on both sides; I'll be interested to see where things go in the days to come.

Anyways, I've been pretty sick this whole week so I'm gonna hop off and get some sleep for now. I look forward to seeing what happens as a result of all this mayhem.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh believe me I definitely would be. I'd lose my mind. Just don't see it as possible unfortunately.
Rooting for a Poochy Assist Trophy (or playable, he was my dark horse want way back)
I can see a way Sakurai can implement a SPM Sprout effectively because he's Sakurai

We all seem to underestimate the guy :yoshi:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
D

Deleted member

The funny thing is, before yesterday, I didn't even know Isaac had a "growth" ability. I actually like having anime swordsman in the roster, and one who also happened to be an earth bender always seemed appealing to me. But to have earth bending and planting bending? Dang that'd be cool. If this leak is fake (which I believe it is), I hate it for making me want a character who may not happen.

As for the item itself, I think it's worth noting that it's not really comparable to Smash 4's Ganondorf leak. That leak actually showed Ganondorf himself, while this one is just a small item, which on its own isn't a big deal. Heck, we can't even all agree if it's actually a Golden Sun item or not. I'll bet most of us wouldn't even be thinking it is one if there wasn't an impressive Isaac leak already on our minds. But even if it is a Golden Sun item and Isaac is in, I could still see Nintendo leaving it up because an item by itself isn't really that big of a leak.

And let's not forget that there are items from franchises without characters. Lip's Stick anyone?
See, I've always known Isaac's abilities could be neat, but without his beard I just can't care that much. Shame that I'm so picky...

Potato_

Smash Lord
Wonder what kind of chaos is going on over at Nintendo right now. It's a bad situation either way. Either the leak is real, and that's a problem for obvious reasons, or it isn't, and now expectations are higher than reasonable and people will get disappointed.
I mean you could also look at it this way:

Leak is real -> People party, good time, smash community finds peace, etc

Leak is fake -> We have no idea what to expect for the next direct other than Ken and Incineroar, leaving a lot of room for surprises.

Bit more of a positive spin on things, but if the leak is real then yeah Nintendo are probably steaming.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Etika is gone. His channel got terminated. This is truly the end of a smash youtube era. R.I.P Etika, gone but not forgotten

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
The funny thing is, before yesterday, I didn't even know Isaac had a "growth" ability.
It was annoying to access it as it requires you to be in a dual element class related to the Earth element. Most people had play the game for the first time using only mono element classes has ZERO access to growth. Thankfully Dark Dawn address this by having growth be available to Matthew without needing class changes.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If Incineroar really isn't in base roster, chances for Decidueye making the cut as DLC are very much increased.
To ne fair, Decidueye isn't exactly the most popular final evo for Sun and Moon, last I heard.

All things considered, I wouldn't rule out Incineroar as most of Decideueye's popularity for Smash came from "He was in Pokken and he's a grass starter" and it was a total bandwagon

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Apparently its the 8th anniversary of his brother’s passing so I hope he’s not having some sort of breakdown
Man, that's rough. I was never much a fan of his content, but I really hope this dude is okay, because everything leading up to this is very out of character for him.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I really hate to rain on everyone's parade...

...But I've spent a good deal of time with the multi-layer Photoshop .psd file which Artsy Omni provided (comparing leak, E3 empty background and full character background) and I've pretty much gone from #TeamReal to #TeamNotSoSure...

Basically every part of the background that's highly covered up by characters, is quite different from the E3 background... (implying that the leaker had to "guess" what was there)

I still feel like it's real but I couldn't really find any good evidence in favour...

I would just suggest being VERY wary of blindly believing this leak and getting hyped... best to just wait and see..

Of course if this does turn out to be fake, then the level of commitment is absolutely INSANE

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
So, between the sprout item and the Rainbow Cruise stage, this must mean the College Tailgate Tour finally debuted our second version of the demo after months of the public only getting to play the E3 build, huh? Or are they just using footage from an internal build to advertise this event, despite not doing so in the past as far as I've heard?

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Just a quick note about seven characters being "too much" to show in one direct:

An average character trailer is about 1-2 minutes, perhaps even shorter if they don't bother with a lot of story. Even Simon's high production value trailer was only about 3 minutes. Dark Samus and Chrom went about 1 minute each.

K. Rool didn't recieve any breakdown at the end of the August Direct, either, which saved a lot of time.

Assuming that every character is shown in one direct, Banjo, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Geno, and Mach Rider may all get unique trailers. I think it's safe to say that Geno and Banjo would get the longest ones, probably comparable to Simon's trailer, which is about 6 minutes so far. Isaac, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider could be done in two each, and I'd even say you could cut that to 1:45 like Ridley. Ken and Shadow would be another echo block of 2 minutes.

When you put all that trailer time together, you're left with around 13 minutes of raw trailers. Another ten is probably all it would take to properly explain every character, which ends up at 23. Bump that to 25 for rounding, and out of a 40 minute direct that leaves you with 15 minutes left to explain the hidden mode and other odds and ends.

Yeah, it may be a double-sized direct, but it's entirely doable. The 50 fact video is only five minutes shorter than that. And that's already assuming they'll explain every single newcomer rather than pulling a K. Rool on them.

In fact, we're not even sure Mach Rider isn't an echo, so lump him in with Ken and Shadow and you save even more time.

It's not out of the question that we'd get a big blowout for our final presentation right before the game launches.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It's honestly astonishing to me that we're this far along, and we don't really have anything super definitive one way or the other. And then, we get this unintentional look at a mysterious, new item on top of all of this with no certainty as to what it can actually do. It definitely makes me wish we could get some sort of confirmation sooner or later, though. The very next character portrait we get on the banner will basically solidify or shatter this leak in one fell swoop. That's a little scary.

We're getting fairly close to release at this point, and even closer to when review copies and all that good stuff starts popping up, I'd imagine, so I'm really hoping that a Direct isn't much farther off, now. The speculation is fun and furious, but, it'd be nice to give the brain a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom