• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
This would be acceptable, but I don't think it's likely. The two Ikes can work with the same model/animations, but dad Isaac simply cannot work as an alt for kid Isaac due to their differing proportions. One or both of them would look awkward. Dad Isaac would also have a larger hitbox, which creates a balancing issue depending on what costume the Isaac player is using (whether intentionally or due to the other slots being taken).
Thank you for explaining that to me, that does make sense. :lol:

I never got the chance to play Dark Dawn unfortunately, so I wasn't aware just how different their builds were. I have seen pics of bearded Isaac though, and do think he has a more interesting design when compared to his younger version.

I guess it could be theoretically possible to make a more "Adult" Isaac that doesn't feature a beard but has the same build as bearded Isaac, and then an alternate costume that does feature his beard. Would probably not be likely as you said, but it would be really cool if they could do it, as I'd love to see as many alternate costumes for every character as possible.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hopefully his friends are calling authorities right now if this isn't all just an act.

The man has a lot to live for and I remember being happy for him because he genuinely seemed excited to finally get to play Animal Crossing on Switch.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm gonna say something about Isaac. I believe if he was planned for the September direct, he was replaced with Isabelle or removed if he was gonna be alongside Isabelle (sort of unlikely). He may not have been planned, or he might not even be in the game in the first place. I'm also NOT saying that Isaac is the reason the direct was delayed. The earthquake was a huge tragedy and it was delayed regardless of whatever Smash character was supposed to be shown off, and I can bet on that. The Animal Crossing announcement was only a teaser and could've been shown with Isabelle anytime.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Hmm, the E3 Healing Field looks really odd, it just disappears in one frame. Of course it's early footage though, I'm not saying this is proof or anything.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
You know I was planning on spending all of today playing Dark Souls for the first time but this leak popping up yesterday has kept me too distracted for that, even if I'm on team fake.

Maybe I'll go give Golden Sun a second chance and become a full-fledged Isaac supporter instead. It seems like one of those games that I should by all means enjoy but just didn't click with.
Try to play it on an emulator or something that can fast forwards. The game can be really slow sometimes.

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely team real on this but to me the only complication is Incineroar...many people who claim to have info insist he's in, including papagenos' source...to me, this means Incineroar is either DLC (fairly likely to me since gen 7 wasnt a thing when development started/roster was finalized), he for some reason just wasn't in this mural and theres a plan for his surprise reveal (doesnt seem super likely to me), or the leak is fake (at this point im team real, so while its not impossible, I don't think this is the case). What do you guys think? What other scenarios can account for this both being real and Incineroar being in the game?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Food for thought, what if Incinaroar is just the Inkling of Ultimate?
Being too recent to be considered playable considering the roster was finalized in 2015 (Unless S&M began production in 2015 I dunno)

I could argue that the Alola content like the Pokéballs were probably developed in 2016 and later on.

If I’m wrong then please feel free to correct me.
Incineroar might be the first DLC character... >_>

(Note: This is spculation)

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
My point is that Isaac would have been revealed separately from Isabelle, but in the same direct. The fact that Sakurai says that the draft had to be changed as well is suspicious. Yes, I know that this is purely speculation but I actually believe it now.
Why would they not just replace him with a different character instead of only revealing 1 character though?

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Apparently there was a precedent for Etika deleting his youtube. Unsure if this has been posted...

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
There will be no secret characters. Sakurai stated they would reveal every fighter (and if this leak is true, they already have been...).
What I’m saying is they’ll still be revealed before release, just under the “CHALLENGER APPROACHING” banner and silhouetted for those who don’t want to be spoiled or whatever.
That’s a way for Sakurai to have his cake and eat it too.

Or they could just get individual trailer drops across November as opposed to all being revealed in a Smash Direct.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wonder what is going on with Etika as well. When he said "it was my turn to die", he wasn't saying he was planning suicide, was he?

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Why would they not just replace him with a different character instead of only revealing 1 character though?
Might be easier to remove a character from marketing than adding another one. Also Isaac one week after the earthquake may have still been too soon.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Pure speculation on my end, but what if this new item wasn't related to plants, but instead somehow related to shields? For example, you could pick up the item, and it fully restores your shield from any damage it might have taken.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Apparently there was a precedent for Etika deleting his youtube. Unsure if this has been posted...

Sure, but that's not the concerning part.

It's his wording (It's my turn to die) and the fact that none of the people close to him can reach him that is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Try to play it on an emulator or something that can fast forwards. The game can be really slow sometimes.
Yeah, the long cutscenes are part of what kept me from really getting into it, but playing on emulators just feels wrong to me. It's why I've never played Path of Radiance.

Maybe I just need to grin and bear it. Either that or play one of the sequels instead, which hopefully improved upon the game's issues.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Dang nevermind double checked and I was wrong on the location. The thing is actually going to be in Tallahassee, Florida for the Clemson-Florida State game, not in Jacksonville.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
...Since when is it insensitive to say that? The Japanese have delayed/canceled plenty of stuff due to poor timing from earthquakes before. Is referencing the earthquake at all insensitive? Because if so that's stupid.
No, what happened at that time was something like "THE DIRECT WAS DELAYED PROBABLY BECAUSE ISAAC HAS AN EARTHQUAKE MOVE. THAT BASICALLY CONFIRMS HIM" which is 100% ****ty since the direct was delayed because people's lives are more important than the ****ing Nintendo Direct

Untouch

Smash Master
Does the Grinch being in the frame of that one leak remind anyone else of this from two years ago?
People actually believed this leak.
It was really frustrating having to explain how UI design with this thing would be beyond hellish.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also if Etika is doing some sort of ARG and it's all an act.

You'd think the man would let his friends be in the know.

Unless their concern is also part of his gameplan.

It's a pretty tasteless ARG to make your fans worry about you though IMO.
Ok so I don't know much about Etika and don't care for his content, so sure I hope he's alright.

But if this is part of a marketing ARG as some people have pointed out, then yo, **** him. Suicide is not something to use to ****ing market your name. And if he does come back, with more subscribers obviously, then **** them too.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
The way the game is numbering newcomers, maybe it's just because he is the next in line after Isabelle and they didn't want to skip his number.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Let's kill this right now.

Isabelle's trailer was made specifically for the General Direct; it was made to whiplash people between Smash and a new AC game before giving both. We have no indication whatsoever that Isaac is the same situation.

The changes to the Direct could simply have been altering dates and releases, whether it's a graphic saying "releases next week" turning into "available today!", etc. We really don't need to get tinfoil hats on for this.
I don't want to actually propose this argument as being correct, as it's sensitive and rubs people off the wrong way. But it is technically possible for both Skylines and Isaac having been affected if both Isaac and Isabelle were to have been in the same Direct (and would have made the next month's characters slightly less crowded if this leak is real). That being said, if I thought that, I would have assumed it would have eventually been revealed (somehow) a month or so ago.

EDIT: Also, while I am concerned (although I don't follow him), is this really on topic for a Smash discussion thread? Every now and then is fine, but this is like 2-3 pages of just Etika.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
The EQ topic is probably the only topic that I have zero tolerance for in this thread. Regardless of whether it's true or not it's something that should not be discussed, period. At best, you are presenting yourself as someone who doesn't have the maturity/class to recognize a topic that shouldn't be touched with a 39 1/2 foot pole. At worst you are perpetuating conspiracy theories of a tragedy to push an agenda (either complaining about the delay or seeing this as a breadcrumb to prove OMG ISAAC IS IN)

Just DON'T DO IT

Thanks.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We know the Japanese version of the direct was changed due to that city building game and the natural disaster DLC.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Yeah, the long cutscenes are part of what kept me from really getting into it, but playing on emulators just feels wrong to me. It's why I've never played Path of Radiance.

Maybe I just need to grin and bear it. Either that or play one of the sequels instead, which hopefully improved upon the game's issues.
I understand it feels awful to pirate the games, but I truly think Golden Sun is so good that you should do everything you can to enjoy it.

Also... The Lost Age is best play after the first one as the data from first game can be transferred into the second game. Dark Dawn is a fresh start, but it does still have loads of super loads chatty cutscene as well as controversially permanent roadblock that can makes certain items PERMANENTLY MISSABLE.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what is going on with Etika as well. When he said "it was my turn to die", he wasn't saying he was planning suicide, was he?
I highly doubt it. Etika as tones of love and support it’s not like he’d throw all that away.
Maybe he is going through something or it was just a joke he always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom