• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want to state right now, if this leak turns out to be true, to all Incineroar fans, as someone who is basically a direct competitor given I support Decidueye...

Don't give up.

If Ridley, Banjo, K. Rool, Isaac, Chrom, Dark Samus and ****ing Geno could get in off of fan demand alone, then Incineroar damn well can as well. But you have to be committed. If you truly love and want them, you have to campaign for this character, and you have to be loud about it. You'll be labeled, you'll be given derogatory names, you'll be treated like dirt. Don't let that stop you. Make it be known that people want this character.
Then so be it. I will be labeled again. I will be given derogatory names again. I will be treated like dirt again. I went through all this before for Duck Hunt Dog and I will go through all this again for Meowth.

Wambo

Smash Ace
So I was looking at some things and I noticed this Shadow Render.

Isn't it the exact same pose as the Shadow in the Grinch leak?
Head is more tilted down in the leak. Look at the spikes in it, they're pointed up more.

The eyes are similar though, but Shadow always has that look.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Its been a long time Smashboards but here i am again!
I was abscent since like 2015 because i felt i couldn't bring anything to the discussions but was always there to read.
However the leak gained my attention a few hours ago and since i live in Germany (like 10km away from France, i know a lot of people from there who are like "Big" into snapchat with many points and that. So i asked literally everyone i knew if they got this snap.
And now THERE YOU go! Not only one but TWO of my Snapchat friends confirmed me after like half an hour of asking their friends, that the Snap happened 1000% guaranteed!!!

I am not into analysing graphics so if that helps someone to tell if the leak itself is real or not go ahead i will gladly listen to anything (PLS prove it so i can have my boi Banjo)
Ok it looks like your story somewhat holds up from a quick check of your posts, other than some minor activity late last year/earlier this year you were really only active 2015 and don't seem to post fake leaks or anything of the sort.

So welcome back! I have a few questions for you; please don't be overwhelmed by them but I and the community would like to get to the bottom of this leak with your help, if possible.

1. How did your friends get this snapchat story, and from whom? Your claim seems to imply they know the leaker or the leaker's friend personally. Which leads me into the next question...
  2. Do you or your friends know anything about the leaker/leaker's friend that may be of use to us?
  3. Do you or your friends have any reason to believe the leak is fake?
  4. Did your friends save any additional screenshots of the leak that we don't already have? If so, please find a way for them to share those screenshots.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Tbh I haven't really heard much outcry about Krystal being an assist, which suprises me. Not that I'm complaining, Krystal sounds like a kinda boring pick for me.
Well part of it is that we are just happy Nintendo is acknolwedging her and didn't give her the "Big the Cat" treatment.
Though based on her AT footage, it sucks she's only an AT

KMDP

Smash Legend
5 unique newcomers, including 2 third parties, in one Direct is more where the objection is at.
It's perfectly possible to reveal them all in a single direct, especially if that Direct is a long one and Smash focused.
I got a good positive spin for this

I’m leaning toward real (ESRB 2.0) but assuming fake just be prepared for disappintment

But look at this way

If real best base roster ever

If fake we get to still be surprised on the rest of the characters

It’s a win win situation (for me if nobody agrees)
It is definitely win-win for us.

People shouldn't forget that even if we know who's coming, it doesn't change the fact that the trailers will assuredly be awesome regardless; and we also won't know what order they'll come in, so there's at least a little bit of a surprise left.

And if anyone is really disappointed about the leak. I suppose you can just use the "Unspoil Me" app.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Tbh I haven't really heard much outcry about Krystal being an assist, which suprises me. Not that I'm complaining, Krystal sounds like a kinda boring pick for me.
On gamefaqs any outcry about her would likely lead to a wave of anti furry posts and mockery honestly :/
Though I had mentioned several times before there and I think at least once here that I was really rooting for her. If ATs do get made into playables for DLC Im really hoping for her again.

Psychic fox girl with elemental magic staff would be great for the game imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If real what order do you guys think the last of the newcomers will be. Geno I think will be 73 and obviously Shadow and Ken are 38e and 60e.

Chrono.

Not all 5 trailers would need to be as epic/story driven as the K. Rool or Simon one, they could be quick and snappy like the RIdley one.

Mario, Megaman, Samus are walking. Bam, Marios dead. Bam. Megamans dead. Bam, Ridley. Cue gameplay.

Mach Rider and Chorus Kids could probably get shorter trailers, like bam, Maio Kart race, bam, F Zero race, bam, Mach Rider shows up. Cue gameplay.

Hell, remember Pac Man had like 5 seconds of CGI? Obviously Geno and Banjo would get big trailers, but most of the other ones could be relativley CGI-light.
Or we could get a big trailer with all of them.

Similar to that early Brawl one.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I'm still anal over two ****ing tracks

The whole world will burn if Poochy doesn't make it

The more I think about it, I question how we are going to get seven different trailers in a 45 minute Direct assuming that we may just get a few trimmed down from 7 to 4 trailers with 2/3 being together in one idk
There are rumors of two directs in November, so you could easily have 5 characters in the smash one and 2 in the nintendo one or whatever that ends up being. Even then, 7 in one direct isn't impossible, they can make the direct however long they want.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nekoo I'm a ****ing moron just tell me if it's time to pack it up or no
I'm not sure myself, but there someone who suddenly manage to have a WIP of the Battlefield background being cleaned up...
Either it's an Artist who try to show that it's not impossible to fake this.
Or it's indeed what was used to make that leak

I dunno. I'm confused. But suddenly a WIP of an empty battlefield appearing makes me feel weird

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Honestly, I'd love to be a fly on the walls of the leakers like Imran at the moment. It's clear that they know something, but can't say due to the nature of their roles and who they'd be risking, and while it's understandable it doesn't make for good speculation when the only major counterpoint to the leak is functionally hearsay for many. We need something concrete to at least understand why this leak may be fake in their eyes, but since they can't give it we're stuck in a stilted debate.
He's already been assassinated by the Nintendo Ninjas.

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
If real what order do you guys think the last of the newcomers will be. Geno I think will be 73 and obviously Shadow and Ken are 38e and 60e.
If its real....
Chorus Kids (normal direct)
Geno,Shadow,Ken,Mach Rider (smash direct)
Banjo Kazzoie , Issac (specials trailers days before release)

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Hurts to see Bandana Dee or Tails out of this but I would be glad for the people who have been wanting Isaac, Geno, Banjo and the other 4 fighters if this ends up real.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Someone on 4chan said that OP might mean if you paste together multiple pieces of the mural you can get an empty version of Battlefield which supports the leak being fake
Even though, as someone on the post said, "and of course this stuff can be fabricated; it's the story surrounding it that makes it believable. "

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I lost a lot of respect for Omni during that Springman fake. He seems legitimately not nice when it comes to other people doing things similar to what he does.
I didn’t see the Springman leak until months later, so I don’t know how he reacted. What happened?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Okay, so what's going on is, that picture is a stitched together version that shows existing background art that's appeared across iterations of the mural, and the point is that a fake leaker could use that as the base for fabricating the rest that's yet to be seen (where characters are still present on the 4chan pic)

It's another variation of "It can be faked", which, while true, is nothing groundbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom