• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pacman was revealed behind closed doors.
I know. But there was a third trailer that E3.

I just remembered actually. The miis were revealed the same direct as palutena. So yeah 2 trailers in one normal direct can easily happen.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I swear, Smash Bros just has a song that never ends when it comes to the characters

I mean...it's like this song

It just never ends here at Smashboards

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pacman was revealed behind closed doors.
I think the point was that the Miis and Palutena weren't consecutive reveals, there was a bunch of other non-Smash stuff in the middle.

Though implying E3 is a "normal Direct" seems fallacious to me.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Before I pack it up...

Can someone tell me what the **** I'm looking at? Or is it a really bad ''Shulk is Little Mac" joke and my sense of humor is just poop right now?
I think it's a joke... I hope it's a joke

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Before I pack it up...

Can someone tell me what the **** I'm looking at? Or is it a really bad ''Shulk is Little Mac" joke and my sense of humor is just poop right now?
It's just a joke. "Shulk is Little Mac", yadda yadda.

I must admit, I chuckled after I saw it. Then facepalmed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know this is like the 4th time I've posted this video but this leak was shown months ago.

Check out around 4:12.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Nah chief the ones you lowkey put down every day still win if the box is dead
I think you're a great guy drag0n but you better be ready and accepting of the criticism you'll get if box is dead
You know how many "i told you so's" i am expecting to get. It is going to be hilarious.

I know for a fact it is coming. Not sure what criticism i will get though.

If it is dead, i will admit i am wrong.
But only once they kick my in a smash battle!!!!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oooooohhhh Finally!!!!
Well, to be honest, that's not the same background from the leak either, but this is a proof that the background CAN be recreated and it's not even that hard as long as you have some skills.

No logical person is even arguing that though. A leaker can fake ANY and ALL the art, that much is possible. Its how we got the leak that makes it more credible.

-A snapchat post: Not intentionally posted on a leak-source website to spread it. It was leaked by accident.
-A legitimate linkedin background and name from the leaker
-The leaker/provider of the image/the name on the receipt worked for an advertisement/cardboard/paper printing company.
-Said person was proven to have worked there.
-Said company has ties to both Universal (Grinch) and Bamco (Smash).

Please guys, stop arguing the art, there is no way to prove its real ("Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac"). Talk about THIS. The ACTUAL background of the leak. Not the art.

Edit: Additionally this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436340814

The fabrication of this is extraordinary if its fake. And because of that I don't see how it can be fake.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Two posts of this thread show the 2 renders of the Grinch used in the leak, they aren't unreleased apparently, they were avaliable all the time.
Missing the point

So the Grinch thing is actually a hanging display
Same goes for the Smash "bracelet"
Explains why this guy would be working on those specific things

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just a healthy reminder being a sore winner isn’t winning—it’s being an asshole.

And nobody has won anything yet (and I hate having to phrase it in that terminology)—it really could go in any direction, so while I’m hoping for the best, I’m still preparing for the worst.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So let me see if I have this straight:

This leak is over 12 hours old now, and the entire Smash community has been doing its best to debunk it. So far the best arguments against it amount to:

“It’s blurry so I don’t trust it”

“It’s too good to be true”

“But mah Vergeben Box theory”

“Some insiders are saying it’s fake but not giving any reasons why”

Then on the other side we have a French guy literally tanking his career to put out a fake Smash leak but an apparently real Grinch leak? And the render has rearranged all the characters in a very creative and professional seeming way, not to mention put out 7 brand new and original and convincing renders and a never before seen empty Battlefield. They did all of these extra things when just 1-3 would have been convincing enough.

Hmm. Sounds like it’s real to me. Obviously not 100% certain until we get the official word. But it takes a lot fewer leaps of logic to believe that some ******* graphic designer leaked the final roster than to believe someone would create a false identity, make 7 new renders and rearrange everything professionally just to make a “lel **** Nintendo” post on Snapchat.
Actually, we've got a lot more holes in this than what you've outlined, but I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

We'll shift to a new leak in a few days, I'm sure.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Ok it looks like your story somewhat holds up from a quick check of your posts, other than some minor activity late last year/earlier this year you were really only active 2015 and don't seem to post fake leaks or anything of the sort.

So welcome back! I have a few questions for you; please don't be overwhelmed by them but I and the community would like to get to the bottom of this leak with your help, if possible.

1. How did your friends get this snapchat story, and from whom? Your claim seems to imply they know the leaker or the leaker's friend personally. Which leads me into the next question...
  2. Do you or your friends know anything about the leaker/leaker's friend that may be of use to us?
  3. Do you or your friends have any reason to believe the leak is fake?
  4. Did your friends save any additional screenshots of the leak that we don't already have? If so, please find a way for them to share those screenshots.
You are welcome! Also i was always there just as a silent reader :D

1. The story was apparently not that long ago so there goes the Text leak being based on the video.
One of my friends i traveled whole Europe with is really BIG into snapchat. He snaps with like 1000+ people at the same time and knows like every person
So i asked him and 7other guys and one of them saw it directly and the other one said he knows people who saw it. The guy who saw it directly however didn't think sh*t about it since he is not into gaming :( so no screenshots for us. I don't know if he knows him in real life but i will ask him when he is awake xD.
2. Again i will ask him if he knows
3. The one who saw it is not into gaming and the other one is just sure the snap happened, he has no idea if the image is official.
4. Well see 1.

Yeah so they went to sleep an hour ago i will Definitly ask them more questions if the board wishes (i am curious too) but right now i only have the info and a screenshot of my chat with him i had that i will upload here within the next hour (once my f**** J5 finally connects to my PC XD)

In my opinion i have no reason to doubt them since one guy didn't even know about this until i showed him the screenshot if the leak itself is real i honestly don't know but the snap? for sure!
But i guess besides Dixie it has my last favs so i sure hope it is real xD

Feel free to ask more things that could help you all, i hope i can get answers for us :)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Some people only looked at the op and missed these:

I'm more and more convinced about my theory that the leak is 100% fake

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Just a healthy reminder being a sore winner isn’t winning—it’s being an *******.

And nobody has won anything yet (and I hate having to phrase it in that terminology)—it really could go in any direction, so while I’m hoping for the best, I’m still preparing for the worst.
This can't be stated enough.

If this roster is what we're getting, this is a time to be celebrating, not fling **** at others.

The Incineroar fanbase is going to have it the worst, due to them more or less going to be labeled as "Bandwagoners" and that's just petty.

D

Deleted member

Just a healthy reminder being a sore winner isn’t winning—it’s being an *******.

If anything, I'm just wondering if this is real how heavily affected the reveal trailers will be, in terms of hype and how much of an explosion will be, because it seemed pretty evident that while we didn't see Simon or Richter being in the game at all, the Castlevania leak was a bit of a hit, when you look at the analytical numbers. If that incident didn't happen, I'd say the reveal would match K. Rool's.

Ryu's reveal was just sad to see, felt like a lot of hype was deflated.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Trailer with several reveals you say?

It means nothing but this kind of trailer could be a brutal final blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom