• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This can't be stated enough.

If this roster is what we're getting, this is a time to be celebrating, not fling **** at others.

The Incineroar fanbase is going to have it the worst, due to them more or less going to be labeled as "Bandwagoners" and that's just petty.
I was and still hoping foe the fire cat. Maybe dlc.
Maybe he was the dlc all along.

No idea. But people do need to stop being a hats.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Some people only looked at the op and missed these:

I'm more and more convinced about my theory that the leak is 100% fake
Are yoy seriously gonna try to use the grinch to debunk a SMASH BROS leak. Come ON, this is just desperate at this point.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I labelled all the CK for people who can't see. I think this gives the leak more credence because a fake leaker probably would've just gone with the 3 of them.
d5zGiQJ - Copy.png

Also does anyone know what psynergy move Isaac is using?
d5zGiQJ - Copy.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, someone pointed out that the vine DK is holding goes behind Pit's wing; you can't even see it until above Pit's wing, like it's not even coming from DK's hand. In the official mural, it's in front of Pit's wing.

Of course, it could still be real, and this stuff is just due to trying to cram characters in...

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Doesn't mean anything.

I go to theaters all the time and see hanging advertisements like that and then on a wall a big poster with the same (or other existing) render(s) as the hanging advert on it it's not an uncommon practice for theater advertisements.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
...oh this is big brain
The Grinch displays should realistically start appearing in theaters a few weeks before the film comes out, so well before Smash releases, even considering the movie comes out three weeks later in France.

Untouch

Smash Master

Honestly I think this guy is legit and did work at this company, there's too much pointing towards it.
Now whether or not he worked on something Smash Bros related or just faked something because he was disgruntled and wanted to get this company in trouble is a different question.
We'll find out soon.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I labelled all the CK for people who can't see. I think this gives the leak more credence because a fake leaker probably would've just gone with the 3 of them.
View attachment 171724

View attachment 171725
Either Growth or Nettle (more likely Growth since it doesn't appear to have thorns)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Trailer with several reveals you say?

It means nothing but this kind of trailer could be a brutal final blast.
Ah ****, I forgot that the official launch trailer of the biggest selling Smash game has a section dedicated to Wario farting in it for like 30 seconds.

ooooh Japan...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Two posts of this thread show the 2 renders of the Grinch used in the leak, they aren't unreleased apparently, they were avaliable all the time.

And? That has nothing to do with the post. Just because the Smash one is currently unreleased doesn't mean the Grinch stuff can't be available. These are cut outs that have actual instructions.

Seriously, if this leak is fake, someone went through the trouble to make ****ing instructions for setting up a hanging cutout of a fake smash poster....using resources from their job....in addition to all of the artwork needed for the leak to seem "legit"

This is why I'm so against it being fake. Its too ****ing much.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If this is true. I am going to be disappointed that Namco got left in the dust while every other company gets something new some even twice. Considering Namco helped make 2 Smash Bros Games. I hope Namco gets like 3 characters for DLC(Lloyd, Heihachi, and KOS-MOS) then if they don't get any new characters on base.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So, someone pointed out that the vine DK is holding goes behind Pit's wing; you can't even see it until above Pit's wing, like it's not even coming from DK's hand. In the official mural, it's in front of Pit's wing.

Of course, it could still be real, and this stuff is just due to trying to cram characters in...
iirc we have a similar situation with Samus's leg and Zelda

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Are yoy seriously gonna try to use the grinch to debunk a SMASH BROS leak. Come ON, this is just desperate at this point.
People defended the leak because of those Grinch renders, they said that those render were unavaliable to public and that they were too hard to "fake".
It turned out that the renders were avaliable to public.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I don't think that's a problem with it. And I don't believe it's real

I think that's just because of the blur

DK and Pit are in the same spot in the "leak" and the real one. They weren't moved

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Yeah I just looked and saw that.

Definitely interesting.

Untouch

Smash Master
The Grinch displays should realistically start appearing in theaters a few weeks before the film comes out, so well before Smash releases, even considering the movie comes out three weeks later in France.
Grinch is in theatres on the 9th?
If so the direct is speculated to be on the 8th, so we should already know by then.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Can we please stop posting about how dumb the insiders are (even making edited photos??). *most of them just commented once or twice to their fanbases (who want to know what they think) and gave their thoughts on the validity.

The only reason I'm saying anything is because I've seen like 10 pages in a row with someone commenting on that. Okay cool. Yeah they're going to look dumb if they're wrong. Let's move on. :)

But on a serious note: My gut STILL tells me that something is wrong with this leak. It's hard to deny it though. But I just feel like getting my #1 wish after K Rool is just too good to be true lol. I think I'm more worried about being disappointed.

But I would be super happy if this were real. We'll see what happens in the next 24 hours...

D

Deleted member

View attachment 171724

View attachment 171725
Isaac would most likely be using the Growth class of Psynergy, which if you use on something that has nothing to grow in the overworld, you'll create brambles, which is how it is used for combat. It's stronger versions are Mad Growth and Wild Growth, although with Palutena getting a heavily streamlined moveset, I doubt we will be getting custom moves this time.

Also, he appears to have a Venus Djinn with him, most likely Flint, the first Djinn you get in the original Golden Sun.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It took two goddamn hours to read everything since I went to bed, but on the bright side, everyone seems to be having a goo---

"Box theorists on suicide watch"

"Virgin Bin"

"Get cucked tiger fans"

And this is why we can't have nice things.

This is THE MOST fan pleasing roster, bar none, and yet we still have to find a way to stroke our own egos and e-peen while putting others down.

We really don't deserve Sakurai.
The Incineroar fanbase is going to have it the worst, due to them more or less going to be labeled as "Bandwagoners" and that's just petty.
Obviously Incineroar is gonna suffer the most. His faithful supporters were speculating that he'd get in Smash long before Verge, but once that comment was made, Incineroar's thread raked in a ton of new supporters within the following days.

If people believe this leak is real, then all of those so-called "fans" are gonna distance themselves from Incineroar as much as possible, leaving the real supporters looking like bandwagoners too.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't everything other than the backwards Grinch art already in circulation?
Not sure, but from what I understand, that backwards Grinch art doesn't appear anywhere else, that's the thing. If it enters circulation, then it's a massive plus in favor of the leak. Idk what's already out regarding the Grinch stuff though, as I didn't even know there was a Grinch film being made till like today.

Also, there's a factor to consider that the Snapchat was likely taken over a month ago, so whatever entered circulation now, would likely be well after whatever Eric was working on was totally finished.

D

Deleted member

Can someone summarize the entirity of the leak's backstory? I have a hard time keeping track of it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If anything, I'm just wondering if this is real how heavily affected the reveal trailers will be, in terms of hype and how much of an explosion will be, because it seemed pretty evident that while we didn't see Simon or Richter being in the game at all, the Castlevania leak was a bit of a hit, when you look at the analytical numbers. If that incident didn't happen, I'd say the reveal would match K. Rool's.

Ryu's reveal was just sad to see, felt like a lot of hype was deflated.
Yeah, it’s part of the risk of looking into leaks (so sorry to those who were potentially unintentionally spoiled). And this has grown big, whether it’s real or not—my friends not into Smash are asking about it, with what they’ve heard on Facebook.

I made the decision that I wanted to know as soon as I could so that I could set reasonable expectations, even if ultimately my “hype” was hampered—I would know everyone before the game comes out anyways. But at this point, with all the theories, leaks, it’s caused a lot of anxiety and uncertainty. So rather than being “HELL YEAH” a great reveal would be like “Oh few”. I think it’s unavoidable unless there’s a twist (and given insiders statements, perhaps there is).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 171724

View attachment 171725
Number 1 is Ness' yoyo. Still only three of them.

And for Isaac I guess the closest thing would be Growth (maybe Thorn, but probably not), though it could also be him using a Djinn.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Nah it's still in front, just bad lighting.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Fake newcomers?

Or future proofing for Ultimate?

*hides tinfoil hat*
If my memory is correct, Xander mentioned having to say a bunch of names and words during his recording session. It was likely done so he wouldn't squeal to his buddies who's in Smash or not. Maybe he got Cloud's name from a group of weather terms. Whether he thought Cloud Strife or not during that session is hard to say.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Actually, we've got a lot more holes in this than what you've outlined, but I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

We'll shift to a new leak in a few days, I'm sure.
No, by all means do enlighten me. I've been following this about as closely as I can and I really did try to present the arguments against it in good faith (while not masking my disdain for Vergeben and the box). But with this massive and fast-paced of a discussion across multiple websites I'm sure I missed some. I'm totally open to this leak being fake despite how great it would be if true. I just think at this point it's less of a reach to believe it's real.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If this is true. I am going to be disappointed that Namco got left in the dust while every other company gets something new some even twice. Considering Namco helped make 2 Smash Bros Games. I hope Namco gets like 3 characters for DLC(Lloyd, Heihachi, and KOS-MOS) then if they don't get any new characters on base.
Agumon tho.

D

Deleted member

You keep saying that it's completely, absolutely, 110% fake, but what happens if this is confirmed?

D

Deleted member

It took two goddamn hours to read everything since I went to bed, but on the bright side, everyone seems to be having a goo---

"Box theorists on suicide watch"

"Virgin Bin"

"Get cucked tiger fans"

And this is why we can't have nice things.

This is THE MOST fan pleasing roster, bar none, and yet we still have to find a way to stroke our own egos and e-peen while putting others down.

We really don't deserve Sakurai.
Hey y'all, you should upvote this.

Nothing else, just figured to bump some facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom