• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just came to Say...
It's 2018. There is no excuse to take a picture with the quality of a late 90's webcam. Unless you want to cheese over the fake image's details such as the grainy handpainted effect, or to hide the more obvious similarities with the real deal.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Guys, can I just say I feel so bad for Sakurai right now. This man works day in and day out on this game to give us the ultimate surprise and some jerk leaks it before we get the chance to see the reveals from himself. All that build up and time wasted, it’s really sad and I hope this won’t hurt him too bad.
I agree. Sakurai even tried to reveal them all before release this time to prevent leaks. It's partially Sakurai's fault however for not revealing the roster sooner...
I was wondering why there were four chorus kids in the picture but I took a close look and it’s the damn CONDUCTOR! That’s such a weird small detail!
That's super cool! I can't wait to see their moveset!
Well it's got an actual French Guy's butt on the line so either he wants to be fired or this is a disgruntled co-worker getting info out, sticking his name on it and getting Nintendo and Square Enix's Lawyers to tear him apart.
Poor guy. He's pretty much in some deep **** even if it's fake

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Guys, can I just say I feel so bad for Sakurai right now. This man works day in and day out on this game to give us the ultimate surprise and some jerk leaks it before we get the chance to see the reveals from himself. All that build up and time wasted, it’s really sad and I hope this won’t hurt him too bad.
Yeah but on the other hand they sure took their sweet time. Nintendo had all of September and most of October to reveal some/all of this info and we got nothing. That’s the risk they run when trying to wait as long as possible. If there are 7 unrevealed characters I’m going to say it’s straight up silly to save them all for the last Direct when they could have drip fed them out every 2-3 weeks. The info drought was so bad that at this point I’m just thankful to the leaker for giving us anything to talk about that isn’t Verge and the Box theory. I hope it was worth ruining his career forever.

I do feel bad for Sakurai though but at the same time this has happened with every Smash game. You think they’d learn that the only bulletproof way to prevent leaks is to get out ahead of them.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't.
I think this is one of the fakest leaks I ever seen, and I'm surprised that people are believing this.
Not just that, it also includes the usual fake leak characters that every text leak also includes (minus Dixie), and it's the most blurry leak so far.
It's fake, if even Sassy Geno was fake and it looked so real, this is probably fake too.

I never understood why people say that the Chorus Kids were hinted in the files of Smash 4... as far as I know there was data of a Rhythm Heaved fighter logo or something like that, but it was never specifically a hint at the Chorus Kids, it could have been anyone, or even the logo used for different stuff such as a stage or what not.
For what I know, people assumed that they were the Chorus Kids only because of Gematsu. But maybe there is something that I don't know.
I honestly think that the Chorus Kids were never planned for Smash and that they are very unlikely, and the fact that this leak includes them is (at least for me) another hint that it's probably fake.
You got proof the Chorus Kids were never planned? Or are you talking out your ass?

Shroob

Sup?
Well, it's 6am, I got nothing to do today so I'm gonna take a nap until the afternoon.

If this place is on fire when I get back, I blame you all.

Someone PM me if this gets debunked or proven right.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Let's say this leak is true and everyone from it becomes playable.

With Geno, Isaac, and Banjo in Smash, which characters become the next Ridley/K. Rool in terms of how hyped people are for them to be playable?
That's the thing, I don't think there are many characters left that a large group of people have been asking about for ages (melee-brawl days), and I feel that's been a significant factor for a lot of people's hype. I'm not too well versed in the smash community, but the only one I can name that's been around for that long for many people outside of those confirmed and in this leak is Krystal, but I don't think she's got a big following as let's say, Isaac's. And with King K. Rool getting in I've seen alot of people jump over to the Dixie support train as well.

If the leak ends up true, I feel like we're starting to leave the senior/all-star characters and are now ending up with rising stars as big requests, at least when it comes to first parties. I feel like Dixie, Waluigi, Ashley, Bandana Dee, and Rex and Pyra are top contenders for high request reveals, even if one may argue some of the ones I listed are obvious.

Third parties are a different story, but Rayman and Sora are probably contenders for it.

Anyway I could be very, VERY wrong about this, but I feel like these are all contenders.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't.
I think this is one of the fakest leaks I ever seen, and I'm surprised that people are believing this.
Not just that, it also includes the usual fake leak characters that every text leak also includes (minus Dixie), and it's the most blurry leak so far.
It's fake, if even Sassy Geno was fake and it looked so real, this is probably fake too.

I never understood why people say that the Chorus Kids were hinted in the files of Smash 4... as far as I know there was data of a Rhythm Heaved fighter logo or something like that, but it was never specifically a hint at the Chorus Kids, it could have been anyone, or even the logo used for different stuff such as a stage or what not.
For what I know, people assumed that they were the Chorus Kids only because of Gematsu. But maybe there is something that I don't know.
I honestly think that the Chorus Kids were never planned for Smash and that they are very unlikely, and the fact that this leak includes them is (at least for me) another hint that it's probably fake.
Guess you haven't seen this one yet.

This banner is one of the BEST of the fake leaks if this is fake--it's got pretty much everything going for it, the amount of effort it would take to recreate the banner, outside of the sheer amount of characters it implies. Leak is clean.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Poor guy. He's pretty much in some deep **** even if it's fake
I certainly hope for his sake that it's real and this is his way of going out with a bang.

I'm not sure doing fake leaks from your own company is against NDA but it feels like it.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
If this is fake, wow, the leaker has way too much time on his hands. Designing 7 renders, most likely redrawing and printing the whole banner, hiding grinch stuff in the background, making a faked LinkedIn, etc. That's what makes me think this has a shot at being real.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If this is fake, wow, the leaker has way too much time on his hands. Designing 7 renders, most likely redrawing and printing the whole banner, hiding grinch stuff in the background, making a faked LinkedIn, etc. That's what makes me think this has a shot at being real.
I don't think he did. Banjo is looking to me like a composite of multiple pictures

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
what's the consensus here? Real?
the following camps

-Smug denial (or, "I need self-worth and smug superiority over video game leaks is how I obtain it")

-Reasonable denial (or, "I think there've been too many fake picture leaks, and this is entirely fakeable")

-hmmmm (hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

-Continued analysis (or, "I'm spending my weekday mornings looking for shadows on a grainy jpg so I know if I can play as another blonde anime swordsman")

-Reasonable belief (or, "I think all the background information is too compelling to ignore")

-Unreasonable belief (or, "nobody has ever faked a render before on a graint background! I WANT GENO")

that should cover it

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
We could try to bait the leaker to revealing it's fake if we declare it as such, but we'd have to discuss boxes again lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The shadows would be one of the first things I think someone like vaanrose vaanrose would notice in his analysis.

He hasn't brought them up yet.

Just saying.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'd love for this to be real but I don't see it.
Unfortunately the picture is too small and blurry to point out any obvious issues (which is always a red flag), outside of the shadow issue.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Everybody go home, they didn't even bother to move the shadows
:bigthink:
I wonder if this actually debunks it or not.
I don't doubt this is the biggest thing against it, (((maybe)))
Didn't the ESRB leak have a glaring error, also? Is this even actually an error?

And where is Fils-a-mech?

Eh, nobody knows and the world is driven by entropy, and Sakurai will be the only one alive after the heat death of the universe to laugh at the folly of mankind.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Yeah, the shadows might give it away as fake. I guess there's always the chance they aren't visible because of the blur or were removed for some reason, but I doubt it

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
What the **** is going on here? Did final roster got leaked through snapchat which was posted on 4chan? If it is real, well then rip Incienroar, and this also kills the box theory singelhandlely

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Guys, please don’t get your hopes up on this one. It just seems too good to be true.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The shadow stuff is the first really suspicious evidence against it, and it's pretty big for sure. I really don't know where I stand on this, on one hand there's so much weird **** surrounding this leak and the source of it which seems to support it, but then there's the fact that it's suggesting 7 newcomers and now this shadow stuff, it's hard for me to buy into it 100%.

In either case, at least it's a good leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom