• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Wow, I think the most damning evidence for this is how it lines up with the CSS. 6x13 with the original roster (+Dark Samus) on top.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Only reason people are jumping on Team Real is because it has the characters they want in it. Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk

I'm not but I like her already
If that were true, I'd have believed every text leak since ever, because Geno is in all of them. And he's pretty much the only character on here I truly want. I love Rhythm Heaven, and I'd be happy for the fans of the others, but in general, only one of my most wanted is here. And I don't give a hoot about Mach or Shadow at all.

What is convincing me is all the weirdness about the real life materials involved. The banners, the Grinch, the empty mural, the LinkedIn stuff...and I'm aware this can all be faked, but not one leaker has come close to doing this much work.

It just seems like more effort than is necessary for a leak. We've been fooled by plenty of other fakes with way less effort. Why go this far? Why cover so many bases?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One of the Smashified guys said it is fake because the leaker used their Banjo render.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
All due respect to Chris, but you can see multiple differences even with the picture being as blurry as it is.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm sticking to team fake as of now. The missing shadows are weird, and the name being visible was probably intentional.
The banjo render could've been heavily edited I suppose, but it just looks like he's facing left and nothing more

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it looks closer to that other fan art. Don't know why he's claiming that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gematsu

Chorus Kids and Chrom
Oh yeah, Chrom I can give. But Sakurai never mentioned Chorus Kids, per say. Probably best thing to go off that they were planned was the inclusion of RH-trophies + Sneaky Spirit being as a rare enemy in Smash Run. Still, I rather hear more concrete words on that from Sakurai himself on cut characters...

But still, I kind of would find pretty illogical that Dixie wouldn't be allowed back, since what happened to Chrom doesn't really apply to her (being too unoriginal in face of other newcomer suggestion, nor be a strong DLC-candidate.)

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
One of the Smashified guys said it is fake because the leaker used their Banjo render.

I don't see it. Those look completely different. The proportions aren't similar anywhere and Kazooie's pose is straight up not the same at all.

Even the backpack straps aren't coming down on his arms the same way. It's not the same render.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think the Banjo renders look similar at all besides the direction they're facing.
I'll be back in a bit, maybe less of a debunk struggle by then.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I guess but they completely changed Kazooie, the bag's position, the top of Banjo's head, the size of his nose and position of his arms and legs.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering why there were four chorus kids in the picture but I took a close look and it’s the damn CONDUCTOR! That’s such a weird small detail!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, looks different to me, but Idk, I'm not a graphic designer.
Also, the Smashified account retweeted that, so maybe the others members also think it's fake.

Or maybe the same guy retweeted his own post lol.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It’s gonna be hilarious if this leak turns out real. The Smashified guys will probably try to say Nintendo stole their render lol.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I want this to be real not because it's more than enough, just for the final roster fully leaked within such gross words. I'm a simple man and it makes me laugh.
The guy who put the ESRB leak up went by ************ leaker, so there's a precedent :p

edit: forgot about the swear filter... well, I'm sure you can look it up.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I was wondering why there were four chorus kids in the picture but I took a close look and it’s the damn CONDUCTOR! That’s such a weird small detail!
Oh my goodness, what If he was like the Pokemon Trainer and walked in the background?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
An interesting comment I found beneath the Tweet
They were moved to the right of Mewtwo to make room for Shadow--all three together, which makes sense. Moving all of the characters around (much more than a single Daisy) means if it's fake this took a lot of effort.

D

Deleted member

An interesting comment I found beneath the Tweet
I mentioned that earlier; all three were missing, but then someone replied and showed a cropped pic of where they where. They were all grouped together now elsewhere. Look where Luigi should be on the blurred render; he's been shifted to the right (half of him is in the crease; obscured) and in his old spot are the three Miis grouped together.

D

Deleted member

Fake or not, i would like this for the base roster, and maybe for the final one.

Too bad about Match Rider doh, he could have been a great surprise.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Biggest thing I can think going against this now beyond being 7 more characters are the shadows. Did any shadows move/fail to move after the August Direct?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Wait so we all believe it's real?
I don't.
I think this is one of the fakest leaks I ever seen, and I'm surprised that people are believing this.
Not just that, it also includes the usual fake leak characters that every text leak also includes (minus Dixie), and it's the most blurry leak so far.
It's fake, if even Sassy Geno was fake and it looked so real, this is probably fake too.

I never understood why people say that the Chorus Kids were hinted in the files of Smash 4... as far as I know there was data of a Rhythm Heaved fighter logo or something like that, but it was never specifically a hint at the Chorus Kids, it could have been anyone, or even the logo used for different stuff such as a stage or what not.
For what I know, people assumed that they were the Chorus Kids only because of Gematsu. But maybe there is something that I don't know.
I honestly think that the Chorus Kids were never planned for Smash and that they are very unlikely, and the fact that this leak includes them is (at least for me) another hint that it's probably fake.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait so we all believe it's real?
Well it's got an actual French Guy's butt on the line so either he wants to be fired or this is a disgruntled co-worker getting info out, sticking his name on it and getting Nintendo and Square Enix's Lawyers to tear him apart.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The only, ONLY way I see this playing out is if we get a general Direct in the first week of November, it ends with a character reveal, and announces a new Smash Direct coming soon.
It’s a nice design, it’s a great roster, all the choices make sense... but I still don’t beleive it. It’s just too much in too little time. We’ll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The moment they reveal a newcomer, and its look in the art matches the leak, we will know that it is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom