• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The one thing the Grinch stuff is evidence of is that whoever posted it likely does work in some graphics related company.

This fact can be true, and it can also be true that they made up their own leak. Leaving an obvious paper trail in his leak, posting disparaging things about Nintendo and some dumb emojis on top of it? Guy clearly isn't all that smart or mature.
While I think it's true this could be a graphic designer working for the French advertising company faking this..

"Guy clearly isn't all that smart or mature."

Neither is any other leaker. :rotfl:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
None of the supposed cut characters from Sm4sh ended up as DLC

Which would suck because I want Dixie in
What were these cut characters from Smash 4, again? I remember the closest to being cut was Bowser Jr, but he was still salvaged in the development fine.

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone, "Where's Incineroar?"

Sakurai, "We gotchu fam. Here's our first three DLC characters in Rex, Spring Man and Incine---SUN AND MOON POKEMON"

Honestly, if the base roster really IS just for those highly requested fan favorites, makes perfect sense that the DLC would be more modern picks, especially since the roster's final draft was finalized in 2015.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Guys, can I just say I feel so bad for Sakurai right now. This man works day in and day out on this game to give us the ultimate surprise and some jerk leaks it before we get the chance to see the reveals from himself. All that build up and time wasted, it’s really sad and I hope this won’t hurt him too bad.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wouldn't say this discredits it at all.

Not that I'm taking sides, but yeah
Not specifically, yeah.

It's just way too good to be true, too big of a roster. "Don't expect too many new fighters, but lol here's everything everyone wanted."

"Expect newcomer reveals to slow down but here's more fighters than all the previous ones combined."

The actual image looks great, whoever did this is a masterful graphic designer, but remember we were 100% sure that the Rayman leak was real too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, if this is true, what christmas did The Grinch stole on this one?

Sakurai christmas?

or

Vergeben christmas?

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Uh, isn't Banjo's render straight from Smashified?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Guys, can I just say I feel so bad for Sakurai right now. This man works day in and day out on this game to give us the ultimate surprise and some jerk leaks it before we get the chance to see the reveals from himself. All that build up and time wasted, it’s really sad and I hope this won’t hurt him too bad.
**** leakers.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let's say this leak is true and everyone from it becomes playable.

With Geno, Isaac, and Banjo in Smash, which characters become the next Ridley/K. Rool in terms of how hyped people are for them to be playable?
Waluigi, Lyn, Krystal, Captain Toad, Bandana Waddle Dee, Skull Kid, Elma/Rex & Pyra and Spring Man would be pretty good guesses.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not specifically, yeah.

It's just way too good to be true, too big of a roster. "Don't expect too many new fighters, but lol here's everything everyone wanted."

"Expect newcomer reveals to slow down but here's more fighters than all the previous ones combined."

The actual image looks great, whoever did this is a masterful graphic designer, but remember we were 100% sure that the Rayman leak was real too.
Sure, like I said, very real possibility of it being fake.
In fact, because this would basically prove me right about a ton of things, including the Pokemon newcomer potentially not existing, I'm uncomfortably wary about it. Haha

**** leakers.
This too. I can't really shake off this nagging pissed off feeling I have

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Someone on one of the Discord’s I’m on mentioned that characters that had been moved didn’t have their shadows move with them. I’m not in a position to check right now, but is this true? If so that’s kinda it.
Idk using the side by side pic posted earlier
Side by Side.png
The shadows look alright to me but maybe I'm missing one.
EDIT: Took a better look. Snake, Olimar and Pikachu look like their shadows didn't move.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing confusing me, if this is all true, where did Incenaroar come from? Closest I got it one source saying it wasn't Decidueye, Mimikyu or Lycanroc and then it turned into Incinaroar somewhere down the line.

Is Incinaroar this game's Chrom/Chorus Kids?

Side note A: Outside of the Chorus Kids, who I find obnoxious, that's a solid final line-up.
Side note B: Probably a cloud and not Gardevoir but fingers crossed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone on one of the Discord’s I’m on mentioned that characters that had been moved didn’t have their shadows move with them. I’m not in a position to check right now, but is this true? If so that’s kinda it.
This would....be...something.

This would be the...something.

That stupid little thing someone would forget.

D

Deleted member

Only reason people are jumping on Team Real is because it has the characters they want in it. Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk
Are you actually Myrtle Snow?

The oddity of the Grinch stuff is the biggest ''Yes" in it's favor in my opinion. It's just such a weird thing to think of if you were gonna do a fake leak.
I'm not but I like her already

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
There’s still kinda big characters to get in for DLC like Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Bandana Dee, a new Pokemon, Springman, Rex and Pyra, Shantae etc.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It's a lose-lose for Sakurai. If real, he's had his big surprises ruined. If fake, people will be slamming him for not putting in characters he never promised in the first place.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

example of what I mean with roster theory btw

removing the OG 8 doesn't pan out no matter how you slice it from what I tried

dunno how to strike this as evidence but I was pretty strong in believing box theory

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Uh, isn't Banjo's render straight from Smashified?
It looks vaguely similar though there are some differences (though it's hard to tell as the image is too small and blurry). Kazooie is definitely not, so if it is, it's a composite (and still haven't found a good enough Kazooie for reference).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Only reason people are jumping on Team Real is because it has the characters they want in it. Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk
I think that's part of it, I think the other part is because it's not easily debunked without grasping for the worst straws.
Likewise, I think a lot of people think it's fake because it would mean Verg was wrong about something or had faulty information, which aligns with what people were saying about them "seeding" the leaks with fake information to throw people off.
This isn't exactly a great reason to debunk it, either.

I'm on team "....".
Leaning towards fake, if only because I'm uncomfortable right now hahaha.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
>suck my ****ing **** these sources are literally pulled out of someone’s ass they guessed a few things right but they’re broken clocks . .lol. give nintendo more credit there is literally a team of people that curate the hype train you think they’d ****ing put fire emblem literally whos and boring ass pokemon in the final stretch i feel bad for the disappointingly large number of people who have accepted their fate and think that ****ing steve and a GRANBLUE character will make it too christ
the team has has made impossible **** happen and you ****s are losing hype because you’re humouring these ****ty theories because someone saw a headline about cygames and nintendo working together so proof! wow this “source” guessed isabelle >and simon proof! iaac btfo!
>here’s an actual ****ing leak you ****s
>there is no new playable pokemon boo hoo be happy with the NINE you have now
>there is no ****ing steve
>there is no more fire emblem
>there is no granblue. but
>shadow and ken are echoes
>isaac is in
>chorus kids are in
>geno is in
>mach rider is in
>banjo is in
>ray (01) was cut
>monster hunter was cut
>dixie kong was cut
>tabuu, necrozma, crazy hand, and spirit hand are bosses
>suck my **** wait and see **** you all **** >leakers **** nintendo **** you"

Wew lads
I want this to be real not because it's more than enough, just for the final roster fully leaked within such gross words. I'm a simple man and it makes me laugh.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
One of the Smashified guys said it is fake because the leaker used their Banjo render.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So this leak is supposedly originating from France, right?
It's worth noting that the upcoming Grinch movie's animation was outsourced to France...
So having if it has advertising done in France, that would kinda make sense...
That doesn't really help with the Smash part, but I think it's worth noting

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So... If this leak was true and this is the final roster, would you all be satisfied?
I'd be sheerly satisfied... I mean, I get to enjoy Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie and Chorus Boys on top? Meanwhile I get to be happy to ton of other people that get to feel as satisfied, since these are pretty big choices that are being fulfilled to this difficult-to-please fanbase.

That is not to say there's no downsides of personal kind: I have to admit that ending up with no truly "awaited" characters after all these years since Brawl would sting, since Dixie being suggested to have been planned yet removed again would feel yanking big dog-chain by this point - and I had to already sit through ton of other character deconfirmations that were just low (Captain Toad being a nobody of a background element character in New Donk City).

Though again, I kind of was preparing for that but it's pretty bumming after implications had it that Dixie would have been part of this insanely huge-looking roster that satisfies a lot of people.

D

Deleted member

In order to play devil's advocate and actually try to make this leak (in order to prove it could be faked) has anyone thought of taking this task to r/photoshop to request somebody take the banner we already have and make a clean edit to mimic this leak using existing renders? Then make give it a 'blurred' effect to mimic the leak further?
Y'know; see if this thing can be made from scratch. I wouldn't say that would disprove this; just that it would show that it is possible to fake.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
That image has such a poor resolution that I have no idea how that Era guy said “it was way more work than the Rayman leak”. Like... really now? lmao

Team afame all the way

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I think it's possible, but I really need to see a non blurry image of it for me to fully believe.

Also that every single one of those characters is popular in speculation makes me question it a bit. Nothing seems out of left field, even Mach Rider has been talked to death here.

I'm on team wait and see. I'd love Banjo-Kazooie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom