• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
If he is, I get yet another one of my wishes: A Falcon Echo

Which would make me even more uneasy.
It's almost like this roster is definitely a late birthday present for me, which makes me hesitant to believe it. Haha

Because I have a hard time accepting gifts.
I don't even use Tumblr and I feel triggered.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Seven, and Take it with a grain of salt of course
Ken (Street Fighter)
Shadow (Sonic)
Banjo kazooie (Banjo kazooie)
Geno (super Mario RPG)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
This seems way too good to be true (I'm referring to the overall community reception on this not my own). Any other character that might in the "banner" that wasn't in the leak?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They've never done that except if they are from the same franchise, except with Robin/Lucina's trailer also showing off Captain Falcon, but he was a veteran.
They never do a lot of things till they do them though. This fandom seems to think the only absolutes is what they've seen or has come before and that's really not how our world works.....like at all.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
People aren't considering the possibility of Mach Rider being a Falcon Echo with Wario's Side B, are they?
I'm in that camp, actually. The body shapes line up, and if Mach really is a woman, this could be a very Lucina type situation. Add in that you could swap out side B for Wario's bike, or, more easily, Fox's blaster for neutral B, and you just made a pretty unique echo with barely any effort.

Possibly, of course. All of this is entirely hypothetical, including the leak's veracity itself. I simply choose to believe these things.

It's actually making my day better, lol. What's the downside?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
People aren't considering the possibility of Mach Rider being a Falcon Echo with Wario's Side B, are they?
That was my first thought as well.

I thought a Falcon Echo with a gun move borrowed from someone like Mii Gunner.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The biggest thing this leak has going against it presently is the quantity of newcomers. But is that really a detraction? I'd lean towards fake but this is the most convincing fake (if it is) we've ever had.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If there are no more weeks with 2 fighters covered on the blog, then the maximum amount of unrevealed newcomers we can have and not have a week where four fighters are covered is 6.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ah a banner with the characters I see

Ken
Shadow
Banjo and kazooie
Geno
Chorus kidds
Isaac

Pretty convincing banner photo make sure the clouds and ground align first of all

Second make sure those character renders can’t be found on the internet

I give it points with Mach rider and chorus kids that’s the catergory of did it see that coming

I say incineroar can kill this one since that Pokémon is not on it,

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The text leak back in September that mentions all the characters in the banner specifically states only Ken and Shadow are echoes, Mach Rider is unique.

D

Deleted member

Pls guys remember Mach Rider is a woman, no man could ever shoot and ride a bike at the same time

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
Since the only thing going against this leak is how good it seems rather than any actual evidence to debunk it, and im tired of constantly checking my expectations.....

IM TEAM REAL BABY LETS GOOOOO

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something to inquire: what was the bit regarding Dixie being apparently cut from the game?
The text leak that matches this image, which came some time before this image, said that Dixie was planned but cut

Also Ray mk 1, and Monster Hunter

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Dual trailers. Simple as that.

Banjo and Geno as long lost Nintendo favorites in a single trailer. Call it Old Favorites or something similar.

Play with the contrast in Mach Rider and Isaac in another. Maybe have the Chorus Kids interrupt their trailer for extra hilarity.

It's a crossover. Nothing says they have to give each of these five their own trailers.
I actually think Isaac and Geno would be more likely for a dual trailer. Old, forgotten fan-favorite Nintendo characters, and a cool sun + stars motif

...a-and a m-moon motif, if Skull Kid made it *sobs*.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Two Smash directs:
One in the beginning of November with 2 uniques (Isaac and Chorus Kids?), and 3 echos (Ken, Shadow... and Mach Rider lolololol), and a mini one at the end of the month with the final two uniques (Probably Geno and Banjo)

If I keep coming up with scenarios one of them will be right, right? :secretkpop:
I don't even use Tumblr and I feel triggered.
I uh... I'm mostly just unaware.
Well, she looks similar to Samus, who is definitely a dude, so you can't blame me.

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
The only thing that makes me skeptical is the fact that if it's true, there are 7 more reveals left and I don't know when they would happen (and also Incineroar not being there).
I'm usually neutral against leaks and unless it's obviously real/fake, I'm not supporting anything. Though, whatever the case may be with this leak, the situation really reminds me of the ESRB leak, where people (including me tbh) were finding the stupidest reasons to prove it fake. So instead of doing it again, just wait because in the end it might really make you look as the dumb one.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
What leak are you all talking about? Where's the link? Can someone fill me in please?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
They never do a lot of things till they do them though. This fandom seems to think the only absolutes is what they've seen or has come before and that's really not how our world works.....like at all.
The only absolute is that Sakurai is a madman. How that actually manifests, we can never predict.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
So, bear with me for a second and let's say the leak is real. For a lot of us, the big cause of doubt is that 5 more unique newcomers and 2 echoes is a LOT, especially since we've gotten used to each unique newcomer having a custom trailer.

But what if they're all (or mostly( introduced as part of a big blowout trailer with multiple reveals, ala the initial Brawl and Sm4sh trailers? Iirc the Brawl trailer had Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, and Zero Suit Samus. We could have a similar trainer at the beginning that introduces Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Geno (for example), Ken and Shadow quickly revealed partway through the Direct, and then Banjo-Kazooie get their own trailer at the end.

Just hypothetically, that would at least be a more elegant way to reveal everyone than 5 separate trailers shown back to back.

Or as others have said, some of the characters could be DLC.

Regardless, I really want to believe this one so I'm just going to let myself live in this happy world until something definitively disproves it. It'll certainly make the next few weeks until we get some official info easier to bear.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The text leak that matches this image, which came some time before this image, said that Dixie was planned but cut

Also Ray mk 1, and Monster Hunter
I see - I kind of wonder if that means Dixie's gonna end up prime DLC-candidate with that, but dunno.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So, this is it? I don't know how to feel about this. Guess I'll be in whatever team is right in the end :^)

ESRB leak started by a guy calling himself "Mother****ing Leaker" who posted this:

No accounting for if this current leak is true or fake... but nonsense like this has panned out before.
That question mark on Mewtwo still haunts me. How did they know about the Mewtwo DLC?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see - I kind of wonder if that means Dixie's gonna end up prime DLC-candidate with that, but dunno.
None of the supposed cut characters from Sm4sh ended up as DLC

Which would suck because I want Dixie in

Last edited:

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
I hope this is real just because of Banjo. I've never even played the game before, but he's such a big part of Nintendo history, and he's owned by Microsoft now... it would just be mind blowing of he made it.

And to anyone upset over the leak because they didn't get their favorite characters, i know how you feel. But keep in mind how hard Samurai has worked for us, and all we've already been given.

Besides, there's always DLC.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I can't believe the Grinch render is the thing that is the most supporting of this leak lol.

That's almost as bad as Sony being forced to lend Spider-man to Disney due to the North Korea/Sony emails lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom