• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what, I just realized something. because it's Sakurai, he'll explain how newcomers work as he does that in presentations, he did it for the Smash 4 Direct, the final DLC direct and both Ultimate directs. The exceptions are when a character trailer is the very last thing shown as seen with Greninja, Ridley and K.Rool. Meaning that's 5 characters to go over in detail assuming Shadow's an echo. This means either a VERY long direct as we need to learn about the single player content and even stuff like trophies or it's a pipedream

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
God, this leak's contents looks so good...

Alas, of this enda up being true... maan, we really had something amazing spoiled for ton of us...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What'd I miss?
Final roster may have been leaked.

According to the leak, the Final Newcomers are: Isaac, Mach Rider, Banjo, Chorus Kids and Geno; with Ken and Shadow as Echoes.

...I'd be happy with this (because of Isaac and Shadow, natch).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Final reveal trailer, for ALL of the remaining characters, shows Sakurai himself at the "Smash Headquarters" as it were.
In his office, doing a ton of paper work, when he gets a ton of knocks on his door. Hilarity ensues.

The trailer is the longest one by far and shows the interactions behind the scenes between several characters, as well as Sakurai, as a final send off.

Please

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hoo boy...I just ran through about 15 pages to get here, lol. This is absolutely insane. Almost literally everyone on Smashboards seems to be here...reminds me of a certain other huge leak. That tells me there is something to this, whether the doubters want to doubt or not. We're all here because something is big about this leak.

My stance? I'm honestly, unbelievably, leaning toward real. My reasons are the same as other team realers, so I won't repeat them. If I'm hugely disappointed later, so be it. But this is too damn amazing to deny.

Fully prepared to give a "you guys were right" speech if it turns out it's fake. Don't care. I have enough self-respect to admit when I'm wrong, if I am.

Let's go!
I'll preemptively give mine.

ahem "You were right, I was wrong. Don't care, I'll be playing Smash before too long."

There, got that out of the way, I won't have to deal with it later.

I'm skeptical of this leak, but open minded.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I'm thinking its real feels very ESRB ish not to mention the Grinch stuff really sells it I mean if they created it they would have had to spend forever thinking of everything like finding a guy who works with Bandai,other promotional stuff,and create new designs for these charcters aswell as shifting the mii fighters and others so I'm going with real

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Important question - but do we have the original Snapchat photos/video? Meaning do we actually have a screenshot of the username?

A lot of this leak is tied to being a real person/real source/real company but if we're just relying on some people who say they saw the username I'm not as willing to believe. Just asking because I haven't seen that photo anywhere.

Annnnndddd for any comment regarding ruining your job for a fake/real/whatever leak, people lose their jobs over stupid **** every day. I knew someone who was fired over buying cigarettes with a company credit card. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy just wanted to show some of his friends and it got out.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THIS LEAK BUT I NEED A QUESTION ANSWERED FIRST:
is shrek a fighter or an assist trophy?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Okay so is this believable? It has Chorus Kids so I'm ****ing content, and the roster looks fantastic, but I'm hesitant to believe it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All i'm gonna say is that if this turns out to be a hoax, this place is going to be set on fire lmao.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
No Bandana Dee? *sigh*
This leak feels true because one of my top hopefuls has been ignored again...

Time to hope for DeeLC....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All i'm gonna say is that if this turns out to be a hoax, this place is going to be set on fire lmao.
Believe me. I already have Adele's Set Fire to The Rain in a tab ready to go for when this ends up potentially fake.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I go buy Dark Souls with my sister, and on the way, a leak made by a french (if I understand correctly) and The Grinch come out of nowhere and break everyone mind.

Whatever if this is real or not, that's the kind of madness I love to see. 'hope it doesn't stop too soon.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, no you aren’t. Not always, but most of the time, everyone who says they’re okay with being wrong ends up getting proven wrong and then getting angry
When have ao ever been angry for being wrong?

I'm wrong more often than I'm right. I fail more often than I win. That's just part of life. People who get angry cause they're wrong are nust immature. Hell, just last year I was making posts IN THIS THREAD, predicting the Switch would flop, and yet here I am, happy to admit I was wrong, so happy me and my brother bought one last month.

So when are you gonna talk about TMNT in Injustice 2?

Like, I could care less about Verg, but he has 'something', as shaky as it is.
Because being wrong makes him an unreliable source, invalidating whatever few times he was right. Again, many possibilities exist, among them, his reliable source cutting ties with him once he picked up fame. And then him just making stuff up as he went along to save face.

You can't just ignore that he was WRONG. He's a leaker, not a speculator. Him being wrong needs proper explanation.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
As much as I’d love to believe this leak, it all feels wayyyyy too good to be true.

5 more newcomers, and 2 more echoes alongside them? And we have a month for them ALL to get revealed? Yeah, we’ll almost certainly get another Smash Direct, but SEVEN character (five of those with unique movesets, I remind you) in one showing, while also trying to cram in the new mode and whatever other suprises the game holds... From this view, the leak seems unlikely at best.

Put me down on Team Fake for now, but I can’t lie; I really hope this is our final roster. :bobomb:

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, don't have the time to look through several pages about this leak. What is the evidence providing people to assume it's real?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It most likely is. Seven characters bring revealed in one direct is a pipedream.
Five were revealed in one direct.

Sure a majority of them were echos.

But let us not forget we were shocked at the amount of content we got there.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Important question - but do we have the original Snapchat photos/video? Meaning do we actually have a screenshot of the username?

A lot of this leak is tied to being a real person/real source/real company but if we're just relying on some people who say they saw the username I'm not as willing to believe. Just asking because I haven't seen that photo anywhere.

Annnnndddd for any comment regarding ruining your job for a fake/real/whatever leak, people lose their jobs over stupid **** every day. I knew someone who was fired over buying cigarettes with a company credit card. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy just wanted to show some of his friends and it got out.
We don't have the original video but we have some screenshots of it with the name poorly covered up in paint.
You can just make out some letters if you zoom in on the black brush strokes and with a little magic

You get a name.
EDIT: Stupid Smashbaords breaking images. Either quote to see or https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/436256042/ is the orignal thread and post 436258527 is where someone uncovers the name (do a crtl f)

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I mean, the guy put "**** Nintendo Lolll" in French on the side; coupled with the obvious blurriness, I'm not sure why it's even really being considered.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
As much as I’d love to believe this leak, it all feels wayyyyy too good to be true.

5 more newcomers, and two more echoes alongside them? And we have a month for them ALL to get revealed? Yeah, we’ll almost certainly get another Smash Direct, but SEVEN character (five of those with unique movesets, I remind you) in one showing, while also trying to cram in the new mode and whatever other suprises the game holds... From this view, the leak seems unlikely at best.

Put me down on Team Fake for now, but I can’t lie; I really hope this is our final roster. :bobomb:
Yeah. This is most likely a fake. I highly doubt that seven characters will be revealed in a single direct.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
When have ao ever been angry for being wrong?

I'm wrong more often than I'm right. I fail more often than I win. That's just part of life. People who get angry cause they're wrong are nust immature. Hell, just last year I was making posts IN THIS THREAD, predicting the Switch would flop, and yet here I am, happy to admit I was wrong, so happy me and my brother bought one last month.

Because being wrong makes him an unreliable source, invalidating whatever few times he was right. Again, many possibilities exist, among them, his reliable source cutting ties with him once he picked up fame. And then him just making stuff up as he went along to save face.

You can't just ignore that he was WRONG. He's a leaker, not a speculator. Him being wrong needs proper explanation.
Verge’s always been a leaker who’s all over the place. Sometimes he’s right, sometimes he’s wrong. He just happens to be right a lot with Smash.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... If this leak was true and this is the final roster, would you all be satisfied?
I would be a little upset that we wouldn't be getting Incineroar, but that doesn't really matter when we get my most wanted character in return...
Wait. People saying they believe a Leak?

WTF is going on Smashboards?
This ain't your average day at Smashboards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom