• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't know if it's true or not, and I'm not doing a massive analysis while I'm at work, but I'll just remind people that I said if I was right about Incineroar, everyone needs to eat healthy and live their best lives.

So if it's right, get ready for nutrition, *******

If it's wrong I guess pants might taste good to me who knows

I've been made out to be wrong plenty of times and all I've done is go "haha yeah"
Okay, cool. But if Impa and Dixie both get in, all of you guys are gonna be vegetarian at the very least from the moment both are confirmed.

D

Deleted member

I'm ok with being wrong.
THEN GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE MY LOVELY PARAGON OF JUSTICE
I'm not claiming to be a leaker, unlike Vergeben, who's already bern wrong on multiple accounts outside of Smash leaks, yet you guys still insist on believing him.
"Outside of Smash" is the keyword.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All i'm gonna say is that if this turns out to be a hoax, this place is going to be set on fire lmao.
Breh. BREH. That happens EVERY ****ING REVEAL.
Also looking at it, Mach Rider's a worthless addition if there's no Mach Kick attack or something. Do it Sakurai, you coward, make Mach Rider the Battlehopper to Falcon's Kamen Rider Black

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Ok yeah, I'm not believing this until there's further evidence to support it. Seems waaay to good to be true

Shroob

Sup?
When have ao ever been angry for being wrong?

I'm wrong more often than I'm right. I fail more often than I win. That's just part of life. People who get angry cause they're wrong are nust immature. Hell, just last year I was making posts IN THIS THREAD, predicting the Switch would flop, and yet here I am, happy to admit I was wrong, so happy me and my brother bought one last month.

Because being wrong makes him an unreliable source, invalidating whatever few times he was right. Again, many possibilities exist, among them, his reliable source cutting ties with him once he picked up fame. And then him just making stuff up as he went along to save face.

You can't just ignore that he was WRONG. He's a leaker, not a speculator. Him being wrong needs proper explanation.
I completely understand that he's wrong a ton, but what are you going to do?

Gematsu was 'wrong', but through datamining and Sakurai's own words, and this rumor if it's true, it ended up being right.

The fact is, he can pull the 'outdated info' card, and if Incineroar ends up being dlc later down the line, bing bang boom he's back to 100%.

It's not as easy decrying "IT'S FAAAAAAAAAAKE" as much as you want it to be. Doubt sure, but to write something off entirely is foolish.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
There are over 400 people viewing this thread right now.

To all the guests, come on in. Speak your peace. I want to hear you say what you think.

Right now, I am leaning real, but I am not sold completely.

D

Deleted member

People aren't considering the possibility of Mach Rider being a Falcon Echo with Wario's Side B, are they?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Five were revealed in one direct.

Sure a majority of them were echos.

But let us not forget we were shocked at the amount of content we got there.
Well, if this is the final roster, then they would have to shove five trailers in a single direct. They also have to show off the mystery mode, the online modes, the rest of the singleplayer content, and the Vault features.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
If there's one thing that makes me want to believe this leak it's Mach Rider. I seriously want to see how this character would fight. However, for Sakurai's sake I deeply wish this isn't true. Dude lives for surprising fans and this would make the last surprise fall flat on it's face, which just wouldn't be right considering what he's already given us.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hoo boy...I just ran through about 15 pages to get here, lol. This is absolutely insane. Almost literally everyone on Smashboards seems to be here...reminds me of a certain other huge leak. That tells me there is something to this, whether the doubters want to doubt or not. We're all here because something is big about this leak.

My stance? I'm honestly, unbelievably, leaning toward real. My reasons are the same as other team realers, so I won't repeat them. If I'm hugely disappointed later, so be it. But this is too damn amazing to deny.

Fully prepared to give a "you guys were right" speech if it turns out it's fake. Don't care. I have enough self-respect to admit when I'm wrong, if I am.

Let's go!
This is a case where it seems very real, I want it to be real (Isaac); but it could very easily be fake.

Like you, I'll be willing to admit that I'm wrong in believing it to be real. Heck, I've even argued (strongly) against Mach Rider in the past; if Sakurai worked out how to include their bike in their moveset, or decided to ditch the bike altogether, then... well, that's that.

For now, a man can dream.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So... If this leak was true and this is the final roster, would you all be satisfied?
I would be a little upset that we wouldn't be getting Incineroar, but that doesn't really matter when we get my most wanted character in return...

This ain't your average day at Smashboards...
Wait, no Inceneroar? That's doesn't seem good for the leak.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
ms-tyVkSq.gif

That's a big roster.

Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Banjo, Geno? This is too good to be true.

And by that I mean it is absolutely too good to be true. At least it got us out of that Box rut.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, the guy put "**** Nintendo Lolll" in French on the side; coupled with the obvious blurriness, I'm not sure why it's even really being considered.
ESRB leak started by a guy calling himself "Mother****ing Leaker" who posted this:

No accounting for if this current leak is true or fake... but nonsense like this has panned out before.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Well, if this is true, they obviously cant make cool trailers for all of those characters.

I fully expect Mach Rider to get a massive cinematic trailer and Geno to get a small animation of him getting a phone call, groaning and getting up off his couch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, if this is the final roster, then they would have to shove five trailers in a single direct. They also have to show off the mystery mode, the online modes, the rest of the singleplayer content, and the Vault features.
Dual trailers. Simple as that.

Banjo and Geno as long lost Nintendo favorites in a single trailer. Call it Old Favorites or something similar.

Play with the contrast in Mach Rider and Isaac in another. Maybe have the Chorus Kids interrupt their trailer for extra hilarity.

It's a crossover. Nothing says they have to give each of these five their own trailers.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How many and who?
Seven, and Take it with a grain of salt of course
Ken (Street Fighter)
Shadow (Sonic)
Banjo kazooie (Banjo kazooie)
Geno (super Mario RPG)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am excited at the prospect, but something seems off. I am on the fence having read the 4chan thread. Could be legit. I am going to shy on the skeptical side.

Even then, that is way to much effort for a fake leak. having to cut out all the characters, move them around, etc, to fit people in. we need to do a straight on comparison to see who moved where. If no one moved, it is fake.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dual trailers. Simple as that.

Banjo and Geno as long lost Nintendo favorites in a single trailer. Call it Old Favorites or something similar.

Play with the contrast in Mach Rider and Isaac in another. Maybe have the Chorus Kids interrupt their trailer for extra hilarity.

It's a crossover. Nothing says they have to give each of these five their own trailers.
They've never done that except if they are from the same franchise, except with Robin/Lucina's trailer also showing off Captain Falcon, but he was a veteran.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm going to pass out and try to forget this leak exists. Reveals will be hype if they're legit, and I likely won't have remembered this by then. If it's fake, then I guess this is pointless, but whatever. Would rather have the reveals by hype and mysterious, compared to "Oh hey, that was in a leak, I'm not surprised this happened."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People aren't considering the possibility of Mach Rider being a Falcon Echo with Wario's Side B, are they?
If he is, I get yet another one of my wishes: A Falcon Echo

Which would make me even more uneasy.
It's almost like this roster is definitely a late birthday present for me, which makes me hesitant to believe it. Haha

Because I have a hard time accepting gifts.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
No Bandana Dee? *sigh*
This leak feels true because one of my top hopefuls has been ignored again...

Time to hope for DeeLC....
Bro if this is real you get Isaac, Geno and Ken (judging by your signature). No need to focus on the negatives

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo waited too long. This is amazing, but I’m really not as hype as I would’ve been now. If this is real, I mean, but I see the evidence pointing to real.

Staarih

Smash Master
Mach Rider and Chorus Kids would be Sakurai going back to plans he had for previous games, so I'm all up for it.

Isaac and Geno joining the current roster would pretty much make it perfect for me so I'm all up for that as well.

No Pokémon newcomer is interesting to me but maybe Sakurai just didn't opt for a Greninja-sort of deal this time around and Su/Mo were indeed too "late" for the initial project plans. DLC maybe?

...assuming it's real. But a whole lot of effort was put into it at least, if fake.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, having this many unrevealed newcomers will mean that we will have to have a week where four fighters are covered on the blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom