• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
:bigthink:
I wonder if this actually debunks it or not.
I don't doubt this is the biggest thing against it, (((maybe)))
Didn't the ESRB leak have a glaring error, also? Is this even actually an error?

And where is Fils-a-mech?

Eh, nobody knows and the world is driven by entropy, and Sakurai will be the only one alive after the heat death of the universe to laugh at the folly of mankind.
The only thing wrong with the ESRB leak was shulk being a photoshopped little mac

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I dunno guys, all this "they didn't move some shadows", "Jigglypuff looks different", "Daisy is not interacting with anyone" stuff reminds me too much of the time when people thought Mr. Game & Watch's hand was over Wario's render in the Smash 4 CSS (and of course the photoshopped Shulk Mac thingie). "Such a sloppy fake, man!", was said then. But it turned out to be true.

What I mean is, sometimes discrepancies can be due to a lot of reasons. Don't call FAKE just because one tiny thing looks weird.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Shadows just completely disproved it

Like it disproved ESRB leak with Game & Watch melting into Wario's icon

I'm not saying it's real, I'm skeptical, but let's not act like this one thing throws it out

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If this is fake, wow, the leaker has way too much time on his hands. Designing 7 renders, most likely redrawing and printing the whole banner, hiding grinch stuff in the background, making a faked LinkedIn, etc. That's what makes me think this has a shot at being real.
To play Devil's Advocate, never underestimate the power of people with too much time on their hands. That's how Indie games are born 50% of the time

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno guys, all these "they didn't move some shadows", "Jigglypuff looks different", "Daisy is not interacting with anyone" stuff reminds me too much to the time when people thought Mr. Game & Watch's hand was over Wario's render in the Smash 4 CSS (and of course the photoshopped Shulk Mac thingie). "Such a sloppy fake, man!", was said then. But it turned out to be true.

What I mean is, sometimes discrepancies can be due to a lot of reasons. Don't call FAKE just because one tiny thing looks weird.
Finding discrepancies is like adding straw to a camel's back.

One won't kill it, but if you add enough it'll break

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I say when a character gets added to the banner

And it matches its real
Eh. The banner can change so that would only confirm it abt 90%

I'm on team hmmm for this one. The shadows mess with me and I have a bias for Geno so I'm telling myself that its not real to lower my excitement.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Can't be a proven as an argument, the shadows change with each banner update
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/KPtZBrH
Yea the shadows aren't consistent at all...specifically on the ones used as examples (Villager, Olimar and Snake).

Also I meant to quote it but lost it whoops, but from last night, the back of the switch edition box, I super appreciate and love that Ridley is one of the two newcomers on the back. Shows how much of a BIG deal he is :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
the following camps

-Smug denial (or, "I need self-worth and smug superiority over video game leaks is how I obtain it")

-Reasonable denial (or, "I think there've been too many fake picture leaks, and this is entirely fakeable")

-hmmmm (hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

-Continued analysis (or, "I'm spending my weekday mornings looking for shadows on a grainy jpg so I know if I can play as another blonde anime swordsman")

-Reasonable belief (or, "I think all the background information is too compelling to ignore")

-Unreasonable belief (or, "nobody has ever faked a render before on a graint background! I WANT GENO")

that should cover it
Add to that
-The Greedy (or "I swear I can see another character in there")

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shadows just completely disproved it

Like it disproved ESRB leak with Game & Watch melting into Wario's icon

I'm not saying it's real, I'm skeptical, but let's not act like this one thing throws it out
I mean that one was bad lighting on dark colours right? I'm no expert but I doubt a similar effect would apply here as there's more colour around the missing shadows

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, nah, I'm not throwing this one out just because of a couple of small perceived mistakes. That'll be a repeat of the ESRB leak.
Don't get your hopes up, but don't be so quick to get all smug about debunking it.
Who /hmmmmmmm/ here?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I guess for my two cents:
Dang y'all are desperate for anything that contradicts Verg and the Box Leak.

Sakurai: "Don't expect too many newcomers", so here's 4 more and two Echoes left to be revealed alongside basically every single non-Smash game mode

Like, Banjo? Isaac? Geno? Grade-A wish fulfillment for the hardcore Smash fans.

Should've stuck out as way too "good" to be true instantly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we all agree about Match Rider being a better newcomer than Madden Player??

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Yeah, nah, I'm not throwing this one out just because of a couple of small perceived mistakes. That'll be a repeat of the ESRB leak.
Don't get your hopes up, but don't be so quick to get all smug about debunking it.
Who /hmmmmmmm/ here?
team hmmmmmmmmmmm checking in

Flamingbird

Smash Cadet
There’s no Skull Kid yet we had the purple and yellow chair. K. Rool confirmed the background of the directs meant something, I would say, so I don’t think this is real.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I just came to Say...
It's 2018. There is no excuse to take a picture with the quality of a late 90's webcam. Unless you want to cheese over the fake image's details such as the grainy handpainted effect, or to hide the more obvious similarities with the real deal.
These are screenshots from a Snapchat video which is why they look so low quality. I’d imagine the actual video showed things a lot more clearer.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Eh. The banner can change so that would only confirm it abt 90%

I'm on team hmmm for this one. The shadows mess with me and I have a bias for Geno so I'm telling myself that its not real to lower my excitement.
I think I'm going to move over to team hmmm as well

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Why do some people get irrationally angry every time a leak comes out? Lol
Oh, well some people like to think that GOD WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST so they start reacting a little bit weird, and maybe even SO HELP ME IF YOU DO NOT STOP POSTING ABOUT LEAKS I'M GONNA which then results in kind of a domino effect and eventually it affects the I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND EAT YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT TYLER and once the first three or four are infected, then it spreads to the whole group.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There’s no Skull Kid yet we had the purple and yellow chair. K. Rool confirmed the background of the directs meant something, I would say, so I don’t think this is real.
You think a leak is fake because of chairs?
Sorry if this came off as rude, but backgrounds don't mean anything

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for my bad memory, but how did K.Rool confirm it?

I don't remember how he was teased before the Direct.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm gonna say I'm Team Skeptic.
The shadows make me lean fake, but besides that there isn't really anything that jumps out as bull****. I could easily see this being real. That said, the banner is the easiest part of this entire game to fake because it's literally just painted art. Add on the blurry photo quality, and I don't think this is convincing enough to be a lock.

I'd say I'm 50/50 with it. I wouldn't be shocked to see this confirmed real, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is fakeable, but I also think all the info surrounding it is too compelling to ignore. I fully admit to being selfish and wanting that cloud to be KOS-MOS but if this is the roster we are getting this is the greatest game of all time. It's not shamelessly ripping off every other leak, the lack of Incineroar is a fascinating touch, and it's doing it in an unusual way.

Team Real on this one, but mostly out of hope since even though none of my most-wanteds are in, people like Isaac and the Chorus Kids are more than acceptable as well. Plus, it's one heck of a roster if true.

What a great thing to wake up to.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I was on team real, but now that shadows debunk thing has me... umm... I don't even know what to think anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom