• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
For those of you who missed the (already deleted) Smashified-Tweets, I managed to make a screenshot:

If this is real and he cant take a little backlash from two tweets... imagine when he's the next little mac meme

_Basileus_

Smash Rookie
This leak is interesting, that's for sure. Not sure if I completely believe it yet, but if it's fake it's a really good fake leak.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 171506

This is the spine of a case.
The "leak" is pretty clearly also a picture of the spine of a case, but it isn't the same, and is totally different than most Switch games.
I don't really think the leak is from the spine of the game's case. Seems longer and it has a weird shape at the bottom. I think it's a design for some kind of bracelet? You can see the part where the bottom part inserts at the top.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So on the one hand I’m happy to see Banjo, on the other, sad to see no Dixie.
So I’m torn on whether I want this leak to be real.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm team....Meeeeh- leaning more on fake.
-Ground Shadows (because Air shadow is here :^)) ain't here. Sure, some disappearing is okay, but most of them? Nah.
- So many newcomers left? I'm not... really sure about that.
-Vergeben waited until September to tell us about Incineroar because he was checking and waiting for his smash source to all cross into one choice. And as of now, his smash source have been right... I dunno, is he the next Gematsu?

I wish this roster was real, but as someone showed earlier, cleaning the background, and fixing Characters's art when moved is actually Something feasible in no time with a bit of experience.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ahhh..., We got 900+ guests!
Even if if this leak is fake, this is some good publicity for our site...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is The Grinch?

If you refer to the character from that book, how does he relate to the leak?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 171506

This is the spine of a case.
The "leak" is pretty clearly also a picture of the spine of a case, but it isn't the same, and is totally different than most Switch games.
...Are...are you high? Sorry, thats harsh...but...that entire spine you see in your own pic is red. How can it also be the banner? Please explain the physics to me and also the point of making a banner advertising the roster so microscopic that only Ant-man (or the Wasp) would be able to see it clearly.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm genuinely baffled by the lengths this "leaker" went through for all of it to be deconfirmed just because he forgot to move shadows.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
-Vergeben waited until September to tell us about Incineroar because he was checking and waiting for his smash source to all cross into one choice. And as of now, his smash source have been right... I dunno, is he the next Gematsu?
Yes. Except Gematsu was legit

D

Deleted member

Tbh I don't think its real
If this person really was trying to leak bc he was spiteful to Ninty he would've taken actual decent quality pictures instead of a blurry af snapchat video. Also can I just say that I hate those who go "SHULK IS A PHOTOSHOPPED LITTLE MAC LOL" whenever someone points out a discrepancy in a leak. Like damn we know that was a thing that happened, it still doesn't affect the present.

Untouch

Smash Master
...Are...are you high? Sorry, thats harsh...but...that entire spine you see in your own pic is red. How can it also be the banner? Please explain the physics to me and also the point of making a banner advertising the roster so microscopic that only Ant-man (or the Wasp) would be able to see it clearly.
Good question, why did the "leaker" do that?
What else would it be exactly.
Every excuse I've seen so far gives an even dumber reason why this would be made.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Team Mega Hm.

Can anyone explain why a French firm would have the full banner anyway?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Kinda curious how we would get 5 character reveals in a single direct, especially considering they'd all need trailers.
I don't think everyone would get a trailer. Shadow and the Chorus Kids could be revealed without a trailer. Even characters like Mach Rider or Geno, I can imagine having cutscenes in the story mode but not for their reveals (I still feel like Ridley's reveal and the other similar trailers are part of the story mode).

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I still stand by Dixie Kong being the most glaring omission from the roster even if this leak is real. Smash has a clear lack of female characters and Dixie is one of the few to star in her own game and have it actually be good.
Fingers crossed for DLC

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
For those of you who missed the (already deleted) Smashified-Tweets, I managed to make a screenshot:

Honestly, the image is so blurry that it's impossible to tell. It wouldn't be hard to simply draw that blurry Banjo by hand based on how out-of-focus it is. It doesn't look very much like the render at all. They're both Banjo facing left, but that's about all.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Anybody have a link or info as to where this originated from? Thread has so many pages and is moving so fast.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think everyone would get a trailer. Shadow and the Chorus Kids could be revealed without a trailer. Even characters like Mach Rider or Geno, I can imagine having cutscenes in the story mode but not for their reveals (I still feel like Ridley's reveal and the other similar trailers are part of the story mode).
Newcomers now usually get trailers unless they're clones.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
It's entirely possible Nintendo didn't care about the shadows for this particular print because it's a giant banner and the bottom of it may not even be visible. It may be thrown together quickly so the printing company could get started and the shadows weren't a priority.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You know what?

I got burned by the ROB Wolf Toon Link leak.

And fell for the Shulk being a Photoshopped Little Mac.

I won't make the same mistake again. Despite me being extremely skeptical.
It would be about the perfect time for a true leak to surface.
And I have nothing valuable to lose if this is fake.

So?
It's real.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Shadow and Ken are echoes

Smash 3DS was considered a complete fake too, and going with way back so were the Gen 5 starters.
Gen 5 speculation, what a time to be alive
Well, I can see Mach Rider and Chorus Kids not having a trailer, and I could see Isaac and Geno sharing one. So thatd only be two trailers, Banjo and Isaac/Geno.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So on the one hand I’m happy to see Banjo, on the other, sad to see no Dixie.
So I’m torn on whether I want this leak to be real.
Yeah, the bit about her being "planned, but cut" seems to imply somewhere around her being taken out as early as roster decision plans.
The more fortunate take meanwhile would be that she was being developed on, but cut mainly due being deemed too unique to be an Echo, and couldn't make it to the base game - so she could be even end up the first DLC in vein of Mewtwo.

Though again, there's been Bowser Jr and Koopalings getting salvaged back in Sm4sh's development, so we can hope that the leaker's info on Dixie's outdated.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Tried to edit the leak/make it brighter so it's easier to see. Idk if this helps at all but here.
leak.png

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Whether it’s real or fake at least this is the first leak that could be true in a long time. Some actually interesting leak discussion for once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom