• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
Everyone here having interesting stories about how they got their username and I’m just here like “zelda fan for years, link was already taken so I just kept adding numbers to it until Smashboards would let me join.”

Iridium

Smash Hero
I could have also went for Actinium, Krypton (yes, that's real), Radon, Xenon or Palladium.

Or, for the interesting choices, Einsteinium, Mendelevium, Americium or Californium or Nobelium. These are all real, too.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I could have also went for Actinium, Krypton (yes, that's real), Radon, Xenon or Palladium.

Or, for the interesting choices, Einsteinium, Mendelevium, Americium or Californium or Nobelium. These are all real, too.
Palladium sounds pretty cool.

You should try that one.
So is tomorrow the latest and possible chance for a direct announcement on Thursday?
I mean, I guess that's true, but is there a reason to be expecting a Direct on Thursday?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
petition for all users to change their usernames to elements
I'm much more of a fan of fundamental particles myself...

Quarks are fundamental fermions, particles of matter, that make up the protons and neutrons, through a combination of up quarks and down quarks. Got its name from Finnegan's Wake, as there's a line that says "Three quarks for Muster Mark." Because quarks have color charge, similar to electric charge but come in three types, red, green and blue, and interact with the strong nuclear force carried by gluons. And it's a funny word.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So is tomorrow the latest and possible chance for a direct announcement on Thursday?
I do think a Direct announcement can happen the day before, or Wednesday from what you're saying. Perhaps it's rare, but at least a possibility.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Well... Because I wanna join, my username is what it is because of this-

Basically, during the time frame of 2012-2016, I was a pretty big fan of Angry Birds. Because of my interest in lore of video games, I was always coming back and back again to the Angry Birds Wiki. So I had set up an account in 2014, I just wasn't sure what I wanted my username to be, but Hal (the boomerang angry bird) had always been my favorite, so I wanted to implement his name in my username somehow, so I got rid of the H and just had it as "Al" (It's so simple lol), but I also wanted his species to be displayed with his name just like Sonic characters (ex: the Hedgehog) and by doing some close anaylzation, I had come to a conclusion Hal was an emerald toucanet going by his looks. So I made the name, "Al the Emerald Toucanet".

Now, I'm not really big on Angry Birds (at all lol) anymore, but it has done a lot for me in these past years I had been a fan, so I wanted that to sorta resonate with me on the internet by taking that name and making it into one name, "alemerltoucanet" (al-em-errl-toucanet).

(I'm so sorry if this was long and off-topic by me posting it, I just really wanted it to get out there lol)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I guess I'm late for the Pokemon discussion but Mewtwo is my favorite (no surprise there) but Furret and Suicune are tied for second favorites.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I really should've spent more time on my username, but I had been lurking for so long I just wanted to post already. As you can probably tell, I had absolutely no idea what to make it, so I looked out my window. Looking back, I probably could've made something cool out of my real name (Cainan), but it's probably too late to change it now...

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Speaking of fueling the fire, Just Dance 2019 is out. How 'bout we get Just Dancer and Shrek as our last two fighters?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Names? My early teens were pretty much all about Melee and Metallica, so my username is a combination of the album Master Of Puppets and Falcon's knee. I'm far from a fan of it these days, but it's just too big of a hassle to change now since I've had it on so many sites for so many years. My older name on here was Wariofan1 which was just really bad and a relic of the pre-Brawl times, I really have no idea why I carried it on over to this forum when I've never really played Wario to a greater extend, so at least my current name is the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So username origins to pass the time, huh? Well mine is simple.

Let's just say the "Admiral" part came from StarCraft somewhere long ago when I used to play it, and occasionally Star Wars, where the word itself was cool to my eyes and ears, while understanding that it partially represents space fleets (which I am fond of), but most of it was definitely StarCraft and me liking Terrans, where one of the unit ranks somewhere was definitely Admiral. Admiral being a rank and what I said earlier was where it came from. The "Pit" part is well... my Brawl main. :ultpit:
The fun fact though was that Bowser was actually my first for a very short time, til Pit took over my heart with his coolness and better versatility (I regret the "Admiral Bowser" times though, and rather never go back to it). Sometimes I wonder if I should get a new name, or at least a nickname that would suit me, and part of my curiosity is being inspired by MHA, but that's another story.

Anyways, short version of my name's origin is "Admiral was a cool word I got from StarCraft, and Pit was my primary Brawl main", nothing too complicated, and I've had it for probably a decade now actually, I think.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, here's a question.

Let's discuss how we think these future matchups will go.

:ultridley: vs :ultkrool:

:ultinkling: vs :ultsimon:

:ultisabelle: vs :ultchrom:

Just to start.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So guys, it's Tuesday, and you know what that means...
Place your bets on the song tonight...
I'm gonna say a Zelda song...

Iridium

Smash Hero
Names? My early teens were pretty much all about Melee and Metallica, so my username is a combination of the album Master Of Puppets and Falcon's knee, although I'm not a super big fan of it it's just too big of a hassle to change since I've had it on so many sites for so many years. My old name on here was Wariofan1 which was just really bad and a relic of the pre-Brawl times, no idea why I carried it on over to this forum when I've never really played Wario to a greater extend.
Wait, you're a metalhead too (or was)? Now I feel better being here again. And you chose one of the best albums ever to exist in thrash history! I commend you, and now I must listen to Battery again.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, here's a question.

Just to start.
Ridley wins because he's not obese.

Simon wins because he drenches Inkling in holy water. Not because it's holy, just because it's water.

Isabelle wins because Chrom can't find it in him to kill a puppy.

Dan_Sic

Smash Rookie
As a fellow Rosa main, I'm just glad her N-air was changed. I could never reliably hit with the old one.
Opinions, man haha; I love her old Nair, it was fun reliable for me and super weird, which made it even better.

Let's see how the new one does.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
The song will hopefully be from a misc. series or one without a song on the website. Xenoblade? Punch-Out?

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, here's a question.

Just to start.
:ultridley: just abuses that *you don't want to hear it* body of :ultkrool:, or :ultkrool: bodies :ultridley:.

:ultsimon: kills :ultinkling: with even a drop of his Holy Water ( Noipoi Noipoi got me)

:ultchrom: and :ultisabelle:? *insert unpopular opinion, followed by popular replies*

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So guys, it's Tuesday, and you know what that means...
Place your bets on the song tonight...
I'm gonna say a Zelda song...
Oh boy. It's that time again.

I'm partially hoping for a Xenobalde remix, but I'm not sure what that would do to Elma's chances, especially if it's from X.

So I'm going to say Earthbound or another Zelda track (since we haven't gotten one since E3).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom