• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's definitely one of the best. It's a great competitive stage with a unique layout but with random elements such as Randall that make it interesting casually as well.

I don't know about the stage, but I used to play it all the time just for the music
Randall isn't actually random. It follows the exact same path and timing every match.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Randall isn't actually random. It follows the exact same path and timing every match.
I know, but he seems quite random if you don't keep track of his location

Edit: and it can also randomly save you without trying, causing major hype

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Just outta curiosity do we know for absolute certainty he even received death threats? He’s already been busted as a liar, so what’s stopping him from lying on that?
yeah, what a jerk, lying about death threats! let's send him death threats for it!
/s

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
3DS also probably had the better Classic Mode, but that's probably me. Anybody else think so?

Okay, definitely not alone.
I definitely agree with that, I'd also say it had much better stages and modes.

In fact, to go even farther, I'd say the 3DS version would've been superior to the Wii U if it had the same processing power and control scheme.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
What are you guys talking about? Pac-Land, Rumble Falls, 75 meters, Great Cave Offensive, Icicle Mountain, Pokefloats, New Pork City, and Hannenbow are CLEARLY the pinnacle of Smash stages.

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's the horrific world of Pre-Order Bonuses for ya...
I actually got hyped seeing the poster be mentioned on the website, and then I saw the requirements to getting, and then I died inside. I want to put that thing on my wall! I need it!

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I hear the "Collector's Edition" (the hardcover one) has some illustrations inside, so maybe we'll get lucky with that? If not, then no point in buying this (those illustrations better be good).
Speaking of the guide, I've checked a few images on Google Images and found something completely stupid

guide book leak.png

oh wow, a guide book that shows the entire roster even though the book will be on shelves the same day as the game itself. Who would've knew?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
It's definitely one of the best. It's a great competitive stage with a unique layout but with random elements such as Randall that make it interesting casually as well.
Tbf, the only random thing in the stage are the Shy Guys. Randall, the sexiest cloud since Cloud, follows a set track and circles the stage roughly every twenty seconds (somebody correct me on that, it's been a while since I experienced the glorious substance of Melee).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
With no news Monday, my "which week?" estimates for the Direct are being updated from 30:50:20 to 15:50:35. I'll be sure and keep you guys posted with any further updates to these definitely super-scientific numbers.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
With no news Monday, my "which week?" estimates for the Direct are being updated from 30:50:20 to 15:50:35. I'll be sure and keep you guys posted with any further updates to these definitely super-scientific numbers.
Are these betting odds or
If they aren't, can they be?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
This is actually where I'm a bit disappointed, to a slight degree (love the game, don't get me wrong). Before the game was announced, I was hoping it would be a port so that no characters would be cut. Glad I was wrong on that, because Ultimate's much better by having everyone here. The secondary reason was so that Wii U's and 3DS stages would probably come together, as I had only played on Wii U. We got most of them, which is great, though I'll really be missing out on Pac-Maze and Rainbow Road. Still, tiny quibble for having so many returning stages.
Yea, I'm still a little miffed that Pac-Maze isn't in Ultimate too. That means Pac-Land is now the only stage representing Pac-Man for some reason; you'd think they would've realized that no one likes Pac-Land and chosen Pac-Maze instead.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
3DS also probably had the better Classic Mode, but that's probably me. Anybody else think so?

Okay, definitely not alone.
Definetly. Not the best Classic mode (I'd still give that to Melee's) but WiiU's was Classic mode in name only. It was more "8 player Smash gauntlet"

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I swear I thought that was posted either yesterday or Saturday, but it turns out it wasn't. Oof
I think it was a very similar sounding rumor but not the exact one. Different sources iirc.

I hope that we will get a date soon. It'd mean a dead October but if it's coming very quickly in November I'd be ok with that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a game, what "collections" would a character fill out/complete by being playable in Smash? Even the Disconfirmed ones.

Waluigi: Brawl Speculation, Mario/Wario bros, Mario Spin-off Default cast
Krystal: Brawl Speculation, Star Fox PCs, Super Smash Flash 2 characters
Bandanna Waddle Dee: Smash 4 Speculation, Kirby's Return to Dreamland cast, Super Smash Flash 2 characters
Geno: Brawl Speculation, Mii Costumes

What are yours?
Ninten: Mother Trio
SA-X: Samus Doppelgangers
Dixie: DK Trio
Raichu: Pikachu line

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you like the Smash fanarts probably you will love this thread, it's something different and it's not getting a lot of feedback. This guy is making a 3D model of each character till the release of Ultimate, I don't know if he could go with the entire roster later. Those are low poly models but with some style, some of them are very cool. Now he's with Melee characters. It's a Twitter thread with gifs, check out your conection if you are using movile devices. https://twitter.com/GiruloKFC/status/1047089882861056000?s=19

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a game, what "collections" would a character fill out/complete by being playable in Smash? Even the Disconfirmed ones.

Bandanna Waddle Dee: Smash 4 Speculation, Kirby's Return to Dreamland cast, Super Smash Flash 2 characters

What are yours?
Chorus Kids (Gematsu (With Chrom), DS (With Lucario),)
Since were on the topic of stages. What is everyones favorite new stage for Ultimate?
Easily, Dracula's Castle...

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Since were on the topic of stages. What is everyones favorite new stage for Ultimate?
It might be too early to have a favorite new stage since some haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.

I don't have one in mind right now, so I'll stick with my favorite classic stage redone from the ground up; CORNERIA LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!
300px-SSBU-Corneria.png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just outta curiosity do we know for absolute certainty he even received death threats? He’s already been busted as a liar, so what’s stopping him from lying on that?
Let's not do this.

This is repugnant behavior.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
I will throw hands with anybody that disses Hanenbow. Mess with the bull’s fam, and you get the horns.
75M FANS TALK A BIG GAME UNTIL THEY GET KILLED BY A SPRING

THIS POST WAS MADE BY HANENBOW GANG

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Bruh

They're jacks, not springs.

Real 75 m fans know.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If I'm being honest none of the new stages look THAT good to me...out of the 4 new ones I guess....Great Plateu Tower. But even then it looks really cramped and small as well as the annoying Tower in the middle. Moray Towers to me looks like a cluster to play on (not to mention I despise that map in Splatoon/2). New Donk City Hall looks okay. Looks very boring (which captures the source material very well) just another traveling stage. I have no connection to Castlevania so Dracula's Castle doesn't do anything for me personally.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

What are yours?
For the deconfirmed:
Proto Man: the Yin to Mega Man's Yang
Fiora: the Mechonis to Shulk's Bionis

Not yet confirmed or deconfirmed:
Elma + Rex/Pyra - Xenoblade heroes trio

that's about all i can think of actually??

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'm genuinely so glad that we're allowed to speculate and wishlist as much as we want here, and the mods are surprisingly lenient on being off-topic.

Neo Ark Cradle's mods are tyrannical overlords, the entire board will go dead silent for days on end because nobody is allowed to wishlist or go even slightly off topic. It's almost depressing how inactive that place is, especially compared to here.

AND NOW
FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A MONTH
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for? I still need Porky Means Business, Strong One, and Porky's Theme from the Mother series, and I yearn for the second Pauline song from the end of Odyssey. Blizzeta's 2nd phase from Twilight Princess is still my most desired Zelda track. And please inject the Rundas theme directly into my veins.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm genuinely so glad that we're allowed to speculate and wishlist as much as we want here, and the mods are surprisingly lenient on being off-topic.

Neo Ark Cradle's mods are tyrannical overlords, the entire board will go dead silent for days on end because nobody is allowed to wishlist or go even slightly off topic. It's almost depressing how inactive that place is, especially compared to here.

AND NOW
FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A MONTH
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for? I still need Porky Means Business, Strong One, and Porky's Theme from the Mother series, and I yearn for the second Pauline song from the end of Odyssey. Blizzeta's 2nd phase from Twilight Princess is still my most desired Zelda track. And please inject the Rundas theme directly into my veins.
Gladion's theme, Guzma's theme, Lusamine's theme. Sun and Moon had some good music.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I will throw hands with anybody that disses Hanenbow. Mess with the bull’s fam, and you get the horns.

You two are giving me flashbacks of 10-year-old me raging for SDing more times than I can remember. Ah the good days.

Not a major Castlevania fan, but Dracula's Castle definitely is the most interesting to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom