• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, scrolled through the thread.
What did I miss?
Crunchii was a fraud.. And something about a poster and pre-order benefits?
Uh, I brought up the poster and pre-order, but it's nothing big.

Crunchii...uh, got caught in a very sticky web, and death threats apparently came into fruition? Yeah, today's been unpredictable, none to say the least.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
This is Mametchi in Mario Kart GP 2
He is a cousin of Agumon, they are the protagonists of the Tamagotchi.
And he was in a Mario Game!

*Mario Kart

Not the same thing, shug. Although I hope for your sake that Yellow Charizard does make it in.

NineS

Smash Lord
This is Mametchi in Mario Kart GP 2
He is a cousin of Agumon, they are the protagonists of the Tamagotchi.
And he was in a Mario Game!

And this is Don-chan:

He was also in a Mario Game, and he's currently popular in Japan to this day with Taiko no tatsujin, as his game is even on the switch with multiple crossovers with Kirby, Zelda, etc... And has been Bandai's Go-to crossover character aside from Pac-Man.

I like Agumon, man, but that doesn't really boost his chances. If anything, that boosts Mametchi's chances, and possibly Don-chan's.

And I don't even think Don-chan has a good chance, I want him in just to see the salt people will get. That, and Yoko Taro's wife designed him... So full on bias speaking.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assist trophies I want are Adeleine, Cooking Mama, Ecco the Dolphin, Eggplant Wizard, Kamek (What we see on the Mario stage could just be a generic magikoopa), King Hippo, Lana (Hyrule Warriors), Rambi and Professor E. Gadd.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Do you guys think that EVERY Smash info will be revealed on the next Smash Direct?
I hope so
With the amount of time we have left, it's very likely. I doubt we would get a Direct on the final week, but a few weeks earlier, and time is just passing by. I hope we just see what's left soon.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sakurai secretly gave up on making stages because he knew most of the time people will play on Smashville, Battlefield, and Final Destination.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Speaking of the guide, I've checked a few images on Google Images and found something completely stupid

View attachment 171210
oh wow, a guide book that shows the entire roster even though the book will be on shelves the same day as the game itself. Who would've knew?
Oh yeah there was a Prima "leak" on here last month, which has some ridiculous stuff like playable Vault Boy and an AT of the Wii Remote Safety Guy. Most have written it off as fake.
Since were on the topic of stages. What is everyones favorite new stage for Ultimate?
New Donk City because I love city stages and Dracula's Castle for its atmosphere and the god-tier music it's going to have.
I'm genuinely so glad that we're allowed to speculate and wishlist as much as we want here, and the mods are surprisingly lenient on being off-topic.

Neo Ark Cradle's mods are tyrannical overlords, the entire board will go dead silent for days on end because nobody is allowed to wishlist or go even slightly off topic. It's almost depressing how inactive that place is, especially compared to here.

AND NOW
FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A MONTH
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for? I still need Porky Means Business, Strong One, and Porky's Theme from the Mother series, and I yearn for the second Pauline song from the end of Odyssey. Blizzeta's 2nd phase from Twilight Princess is still my most desired Zelda track. And please inject the Rundas theme directly into my veins.
Music from Metroid Prime 3 and Sonic Unleashed because they were both shafted last time (unless you count Modern Rooftop Run). Bryyo, Vs. Dark Samus, Vs. Rundas, Jungle Joyride Day, Eggman Boss, Perfect Dark Gaia, they both have great songs to pull from. For more recent games, please give us some FE15 music along with Sonic Mania. Mega Man 11 music needs to get in at some point as well regardless of how new it is (Torch Man, Fuse Man, Tundra Man, and Wily Stage please).

This...is a pretty good Samus. Chargeable Charge Shots (huh) do look good offstage, and back throw maybe could be more vicious, but that could have been DI. I've been having fun with footage lately. Next, there's EGLX and the Paris event, both this weekend!
Holy **** finally some good Samus gameplay. She looks a lot better than people had described: less lag, faster grab, a back throw that kills, and that sweet new victory pose. Hope to see more.
I wonder how many unrevealed Assist Trophies there are... Hopefully a lot of fun surprises!
And I hope none of them are Shadow.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Here's the franchises so far without Assist Trophies (excluding Pokemon for obvious reasons):

:ultyoshi::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud:

Ideas?
Toadies (yes I had to look up their name) as a Yoshi's Island Assist, they could grab a fighter like they do in their game and attempt to pull them away. A teammate can hit them to save their buddy.

Sagat as a Street Fighter assist. Tiger Shot. All I need to say. Could even make him like Alucard, going around the stage doing his various moves.

If we can get ANY Final Fantasy rep as an Assist then goddamnit give me Cecil. If it HAS to be FF7 then it should be Tifa or Barrett IMO.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It actually might be in. Several tracks from Harmony of Despair are in Smash. This particular song is a mashup of Don't Wait Until Night from Haunted Castle and Heart of Fire from Castlevania 1.

The Castlevania track list in Smash features Can't Wait Until Night. The title is slightly different but I'm pretty sure it's the song just renamed again. It wouldn't be the only one, with Pitch Black Intrusion being retitled Jet Black Incursion.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Here's the franchises so far without Assist Trophies (excluding Pokemon for obvious reasons):

:ultyoshi::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud:

Ideas?
Sephiroth shows up, disappears.

Then a moment later drops down and impales an opponent. Like Death's Scythe, If their damage was more then 100% (Or made over 100% after the impalement) they're instantly KOed :V

Post-traumatic stress for Cloud and/or Aerith lovers

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh yeah there was a Prima "leak" on here last month, which has some ridiculous stuff like playable Vault Boy and an AT of the Wii Remote Safety Guy. Most have written it off as fake.

New Donk City because I love city stages and Dracula's Castle for its atmosphere and the god-tier music it's going to have.

Music from Metroid Prime 3 and Sonic Unleashed because they were both shafted last time (unless you count Modern Rooftop Run). Bryyo, Vs. Dark Samus, Vs. Rundas, Jungle Joyride Day, Eggman Boss, Perfect Dark Gaia, they both have great songs to pull from. For more recent games, please give us some FE15 music along with Sonic Mania. Mega Man 11 music needs to get in at some point as well regardless of how new it is (Torch Man, Fuse Man, Tundra Man, and Wily Stage please).

Holy **** finally some good Samus gameplay. She looks a lot better than people had described: less lag, faster grab, a back throw that kills, and that sweet new victory pose. Hope to see more.

And I hope none of them are Shadow.
And you wait until we get some more Otakuni matches days from now! It will be worth when I get to see some good rep for my main play again.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Do you guys think that EVERY Smash info will be revealed on the next Smash Direct?
I hope so
I'm starting to lean more towards yes. Since it seems (as of right now) that we're not getting any news in October, the next Smash Direct in November will probably reveal every major thing that has yet to be revealed/confirmed (Spirits, Online, Final Characters, A Lot of the Modes etc.).

The longer they wait, the more likely this stuff leaks out, Within a few weeks, we'll know the full roster, whether Nintendo wants it or not.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Any of the Paper Mario partners could be assist trophies. They're begging to be made assist trophies.
Vivian, Gonzales Jr, any of them.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly, I think one of my most wanted things for Smash Ultimate ever in general would be to get Metropolitan Highway from Sonic Forces as a stage. It'd be so beautiful and fun.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If Shadow ends up being an AT again Im going to wonder why sakurai played with my emotions like that lol
Sakurai either is going to make Shadow, Skull Kid or Isaac fans really happy or really sad. For Isaac, not sure if becoming an assist again or left out again is worse. Seems cruel to string them out this long, but Ashley fans had to go months hoping before getting assist'd.

(also where my Mr. Resetti fans at)

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

Ideas?
Hmm... I'll try to toss out a few guesses for at least some of these:

:ultyoshi: - Poochy feels like the best choice, and I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen him in yet. Prince Froggy would be a pretty cool alternative, as would Kamek if he couldn't end up being playable.

:ultlittlemac: - Glass Joe is definitely a solid choice in my opinion, as is King Hippo if he couldn't be playable. Mr. Sandman could also be a decent third option.

:ultryu: - I'd rather Chun-Li be playable (she is my favorite Street Fighter character), but she could make for a fairly diverse Assist Trophy. Guile and Dan could also be great alternatives I feel.

:ultcloud: - Like Chun-Li, I'd prefer Tifa be playable, but she is a likely option for an Assist Trophy. Barret, Aerith and Yuffie would also be great choices. If not limited to FFVII, maybe Moogle or Chocobo in particular if he doesn't become a playable character.

I can't honestly say about the rest, but I feel at least a couple of these could be accurate.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hmm... I'll try to toss out a few guesses for at least some of these:

:ultyoshi: - Poochy feels like the best choice, and I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen him in yet. Prince Froggy would be a pretty cool alternative, as would Kamek if he couldn't end up being playable.

:ultlittlemac: - Glass Joe is definitely a solid choice in my opinion, as is King Hippo if he couldn't be playable. Mr. Sandman could also be a decent third option.

:ultryu: - I'd rather Chun-Li be playable (she is my favorite Street Fighter character), but she could make for a fairly diverse Assist Trophy. Guile and Dan could also be great alternatives I feel.

:ultcloud: - Like Chun-Li, I'd prefer Tifa be playable, but she is a likely option for an Assist Trophy. Barret, Aerith and Yuffie would also be great choices. If not limited to FFVII, maybe Moogle or Chocobo in particular if he doesn't become a playable character.

I can't honestly say about the rest, but I feel at least a couple of these could be accurate.
I'd imagine Glass Joe being a joke AT

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Ideas?
:ultlittlemac:- King Hippo...or just all of the boxers
:ultryu:- Chun Li
:ultcloud:- Tifa

The rest either don’t need any or can’t have any

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I had a power cut today so I was in the dark (literally) about any new info. So if anyone would kindly fill me in that'd be much appreciated!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Ideas?

:ulticeclimbers:

Polar Bear could stomp, making the camera move up.

Condors could swoop down on enemies.

Topis or Seals could ram ice into opponents to potentially freeze them while dealing damage.

:ultgnw:

I don't know, maybe the Juggler guy could grab opponents and toss them around...?

:ultduckhunt:

A duck flies off stage, and comes back with a large flock that's ready to fly into opponents and peck them.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Ideas?
:ultyoshi: - Poochy
:ulticeclimbers: - Condor, or Topi
:ultgnw: - Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
:ultrob: - That scientist (I think?) whose name I can't remember (Prof. Hector)
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit Board (oh yeah :troll:)
:ultlittlemac: - Sandman or Glass Joe
:ultduckhunt: - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
:ultryu: - Dan Hibiki
:ultcloud: - Black Mage, Chocobo or Yuffie (yes, you read that)

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think one of my most wanted things for Smash Ultimate ever in general would be to get Metropolitan Highway from Sonic Forces as a stage. It'd be so beautiful and fun.
Actually I'd be down for that if Infinite messes around with the stage as he did during the Avatar's level. Longbois please

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

Ideas?
Kamek's Toadies could work as a Yoshi assist, have them swarm around someone and carry them offscreen if they can't fight them off.
Any of the Punch-Out roster could work as assists, really, but I'd say the most iconic would be Mike Tyson King Hippo.
Chun-Li is right up there with Ryu when it comes to crossover appearances, and I can't see Street Fighter getting a second fully unique fighter this game, so an assist trophy makes a lot of sense for her. Especially if echo Ken is real.
Assuming they stick to FFVII, if Sephiroth isn't a boss in singleplayer somewhere then he could be an assist. Or maybe give him the Rathalos treatment, have his ordinary appearance as an assist trophy while his later forms act as a boss. Outside of VII? Gilgamesh. Oh yes.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
:ultyoshi: - Poochy
:ulticeclimbers: - Condor, or Topi
:ultgnw: - Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
:ultrob: - That scientist (I think?) whose name I can't remember
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit Board (oh yeah :troll:)
:ultlittlemac: - Sandman or Glass Joe
:ultduckhunt: - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
:ultryu: - Dan Hibiki
:ultcloud: - Black Mage, Chocobo or Yuffie (yes, you read that)
Prof. Hector

Also for Duck Hunt I'd imagine the Skeet Shooter Mode

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai either is going to make Shadow, Skull Kid or Isaac fans really happy or really sad. For Isaac, not sure if becoming an assist again or left out again is worse. Seems cruel to string them out this long, but Ashley fans had to go months hoping before getting assist'd.

(also where my Mr. Resetti fans at)
That’s probably the worst feeling so I feel for the Ashley fans :( . It’s best to be prepared to see what Sakurai are going to do with those characters (even though they seem to be likely to be fighters). I forgot about Mr. Resetti was there a reason they took him out? He was like my favorite AT lol sometimes I actually tried to read what he was saying in the middle of the fight xD

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Any of the Paper Mario partners could be assist trophies. They're begging to be made assist trophies.
Any Assist Trophy from Paper Mario in general would be most welcome by me. I kinda want Rawk Hawk though, especially since we have Boxing Ring as a returning stage.

I'd love to see someone get RAWKED by him, after all! :laugh:

Nintendo, please announce a Thousand Year Door HD remaster on Switch, I'd gladly pay you for it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Paper Mario were to get in as a playable character I'd imagine some of his partners being part of his moveset like Kooper being his side B and Vivian being his Down B.

Or perhaps as his Final Smash where he summons all his partners from all the games to attack players.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Prof. Hector

Also for Duck Hunt I'd imagine the Skeet Shooter Mode
Or, we can go down the weak route and have it be ducks, but the number varies, similar to Villager's turnips. The more you get (around 5, say) the more damage and knockback they do, but less (1) is comparable to Eevee in terms of power.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This makes me wonder what if Vivian was playable rather than Paper Mario? Would Paper Mario fans be happy the game is being recognized in such a way, or disappointed because they mainly care about Paper Mario? Was trying to find a way to include Paper Mario in some unique way in my "100 character" roster, and that would intrigue me.

(I know it's probably a stupid question, but as someone who's never played the games watching some clips, could be very interesting)

That’s probably the worst feeling so I feel for the Ashley fans :( . It’s best to be prepared to see what Sakurai are going to do with those characters (even though they seem to be likely to be fighters). I forgot about Mr. Resetti was there a reason they took him out? He was like my favorite AT lol sometimes I actually tried to read what he was saying in the middle of the fight xD
I feel for them too. :urg:

I think it's because for many people it was fun and shocking at first, but became a pain afterwards. Not for me, I always thought it was funny and loved whenever he popped up. One of my favorite memories from Brawl, so his absence would feel noticeable with so much returning, to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom