• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
What are your guys' thoughts on Chorus Kids or any other Rhythm Heaven rep? In terms of how likely they are and if you want them
I would like Ringside Reporter because wrestling.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What are your guys' thoughts on Chorus Kids or any other Rhythm Heaven rep? In terms of how likely they are and if you want them
Honestly?
Pretty unlikely.

The fact that the RH community can't even consolidate on a single definitive representative is telling of the difficulties one would have to go through to design a character that represents the rhythm heaven franchise and has such a limited amount of actions alone in their actual games. Even Duck Hunt had to draw from several other NES games and Ice Climbers had to be made from the ground up with a "hammer+ice" moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I wasn't devoted to drawing my own avatars i'd probably be the Splatoon guy too.

Or the Pokemon guy.
I used to draw my own avatars too! Well, two of them, at least. The first was of a pony character named Derpy Whooves wearing the Lucky Star school uniform, and the second one was of a green pony named Lyra that I drew in the Kirby artstyle. I should really get back to drawing at some point, I haven't done it in about 4 months now and I'm really starting to miss it...

Anyways, back on Smash to avoid going off topic: Mario smiling, Wario's shoulderbash, Luigi using the Poltergust...this game is literally fulfilling every Smash wish I've had since I was a kid. It's insane, and I love it. This game may actually dethrone Mario Odyssey for me as my most favorite game. I mean, if Spirits ends up an adventure mode on top of everything already, then it may go down as one of the best video games ever made in my book.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If Sakurai doesn't wear his wrestling outfit when revealing Masked Royal Incineroar , then what's the point

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Regarding "being known for" discussion, Since I have started posting here, What I am to you guys?

Also, I can respect Zinith as Yoshi Guy because he's cool and y'all don't deny it yet.
Aww, thank you :yoshi:

what if hades got in

but it's the disney hades
Disney Hades is cool. The only question I'd have would be why Sora is not in...

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Speaking as someone who has never played a Rhythm Heaven game, but enjoy Rhythm-based games on occasion, I'd be cool with a Rhythm Heaven rep. I'd prefer someone like the Reporter or the Wrestler, as they have more color than Karate Joe or the Chorus Kids, but I wouldn't be opposed to anyone joining the fight.

How likely, I honestly couldn't say. My gut tells me base is their best chance of getting in, but it could be possible that they would make it in as DLC somewhere down the road depending on how long the DLC development period would last. At the very least though, there should be some sort of representation in Ultimate, whether as a playable character, as stage, an Assist Trophy, or a combination of each.

Hopefully something Rhythm Heaven-based will make it in though!

Noipoi

Howdy!
what if hades got in

but it's the disney hades
That's the only Hades I want.

I used to draw my own avatars too! Well, two of them, at least. The first was of a pony character named Derpy Whooves wearing the Lucky Star school uniform, and the second one was of a green pony named Lyra that I drew in the Kirby artstyle. I should really get back to drawing at some point, I haven't done it in about 4 months now and I'm really starting to miss it...

Anyways, back on Smash to avoid going off topic: Mario smiling, Wario's shoulderbash, Luigi using the Poltergust...this game is literally fulfilling every Smash wish I've had since I was a kid. It's insane, and I love it. This game may actually dethrone Mario Odyssey for me as my most favorite game. I mean, if Spirits ends up an adventure mode on top of everything already, then it may go down as one of the best video games ever made in my book.
I agree, this game looks absolutely amazing. All that's missing is a meaty single player mode.

i'd really like to see your drawings

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
A unique one that is, one who soul based abilities and a villainous one too for that matter.
Ahh so you're telling me we cna't have Heihachi who's a unique karate fighter with electricity based abilities and a villainous fighter but we SHOULD have Nightmare over him, who's a unique swordfighter with swordbased abilities and a villainous fighter

hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom