• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wow, haven't posted here in a while... I'm actually starting to lose hype since we haven't heard anything new in a while. At least there is another blog tidbit - Luigi's got the Poltergust in his grabs now.

I guess I'll get back into it with some games...
---
GAME:
Smash Bros trailer starts, a music starts playing...

What music would make you HYPE?
Drums. Slow drums. And building from there...
Okay, now THIS is an interesting question:
If you were Sakurai, what third party character(s) would you try and go through to get in Smash?
As above - Dovahkiin.

Also Tails and someone from Soul Calibur (Ivy, preferably, but I'd be okay with Nightmare is he had a Siegfried costume)
Here's something I thought would be interesting to discuss:
What is your favorite franchise in Smash represented with at least one playable character, and what are your opinions of that franchise in its current state?
Zelda, and it's terribly represented in Smash. Yes, it's got a lot of stages and items, which aren't exactly needed - some of the items (mostly the Skyward Sword ones) aren't iconic and don't need to exist, and some stages are redundant or not from iconic games. Meanwhile, the entire playable cast is made up of all of three unique movesets and three clones, one of which is the only clone from a different franchise (which was a totally Smash-original moveset to begin with). With as important of a series as Zelda is to Nintendo (there aren't many series which can win E3 with a single game), and with as many memorable characters, the playable roster should be a lot more varied.

If I had my way, I'd do the following:
Playables: Link (BotW/TP), Zelda/Sheik (OoT), Ganondorf (HW), Midna (TP), Skull Kid (MM), Toon Link (WW)
Assists: Ghirahim, Moon, Champions
Remove Beetle, Cucco, Fairy Bottle, and Gust Bellows items. Cucco can stay a regular enemy.
Remove Spirit Train stage[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Only "sources" I know of is Michael Cole's sources, maybe I heard it from him and you have to download the "WWA app" as he keeps saying to do to find out.

Want me to cut a heel promo? Ok well any upcoming character that I deem stupid such as Ken, they will all GET THESE HANDS!
Please don't tell me that you were trolling, otherwise, it makes you look like a joke.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know what? Yeah, let’s get Gon.

We’ll get a small golden dino and a Tekken character.

Everybody wins!

(I know Gon is a manga don’t ruin the joke)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would've called you “that Ashley supporter” (but that’s sadly not a thing anymore) so how about...

Noi? Damn, I got nothing. Srry.
My Ashley days are behind me, mate. I'm all in on Incineroar and Geno.

I guess you could call me...

THE FLAME OF THE STARS!!!

Or the doodle guy. I feel like i'm known for my doodles.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Yes, my favorite stage is the boxing ring for obvious reasons as you can probably guess.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know what? Yeah, let’s get Gon.

We’ll get a small golden dino and a Tekken character.

Everybody wins!

(I know Gon is a manga don’t ruin the joke)
If we get an anime/manga character, I lowkey want Kirito with a Eugeo echo fighter.

Why the **** not, amirite?

link3710

Smash Cadet
Because Heihachi is cooler than Agumon
I didn't think Heihachi was actually popular, even among Tekken fans? He has such a bland design... Sure Tekken might be better selling these days, but Agumon is like, a huge cultural icon of the 90s. Heihachi would be a 'who's that' to anyone who hasn't played Tekken and even some of those who have. I mean, I'd love King to get in, but I am well aware that any Tekken character wouldn't create anywhere near the splash Agumon would. Heck, even Lloyd, Mametchi, or Solaire would probably have a bigger splash than Heihachi.

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Yeah , just like Duck Hunt Dog!
All the Kids in 2018 know about him! Thats why he is in Smash!
Dude, I think the difference is that people remember Digimon, but like, does anyone really care anymore?

The series withered out and died more than 10 years ago, not to mention it was completely obliterated by pokemon in their "rivalry" and was then proceeded to be overshadowed by it to the point where pokemon got away with blatantly ripping them off multiple times simply because not enough people knew or cared about digimon to get upset.

It definitely had it's prime back in the day, but it was more like a fad. I compare it to skylanders or similar series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As much as I don't want Heihachi I don't deny he's probably the most likely Namco rep. Though its arguable if Lloyd is more likely which I'd definitely prefer over him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I didn't think Heihachi was actually popular, even among Tekken fans? He has such a bland design... Sure Tekken might be better selling these days, but Agumon is like, a huge cultural icon of the 90s. Heihachi would be a 'who's that' to anyone who hasn't played Tekken and even some of those who have. I mean, I'd love King to get in, but I am well aware that any Tekken character wouldn't create anywhere near the splash Agumon would. Heck, even Lloyd, Mametchi, or Solaire would probably have a bigger splash than Heihachi.
Nahh man Heihachi's pretty badass. Lovable personality and many feats of coolness, plus he's just an icon in general.
Your last point's pretty bad imo. Tekken is THE best selling fighting game series of all time. He'd create QUITE the splash especially among the competitive crowd.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speculation on the next, and last, direct

It's going to start with a mini trailer for Ken. Not a full trailer since he's just an echo.

Then maybe the remaining AT's and items

Then it's going to go into Sakurai talking about Spirits mode.

Some menus or some crap

Then end with a full trailer for Incineroar.

Then Sakurai again talking about how we now have the full roster as show the completed banner

D

Deleted member

Luigi is confirmed to have new throws, being his Poltergeist now (via Smash blog). It's unknown if it's a tether grab though.
Wait WHAT. I thought people were joking...but no, it's on the blog, he uses the Poltergust...

If...if it's a tether...THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

GAME CONFIRMED TO BE 12/10 MASTERPIECE. I've wanted the Poltergust to be integrated into Luigi's moveset for forever! Not even joking, this news is even more hype than a new character reveal for me. Luigi might have just been cemented as my main next to Inkling.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
So you got TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk who can't prove his statements about Loz and continuously tries to sidetrack by being funny and someone who constantly obsesses on Digimon. Boy, I love the Smash Ultimate thread.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Wait WHAT. I thought people were joking...but no, it's on the blog, he uses the Poltergust...

If...if it's a tether...THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

GAME CONFIRMED TO BE 12/10 MASTERPIECE. I've wanted the Poltergust to be integrated into Luigi's moveset for forever! Not even joking, this news is even more hype than a new character reveal for me. Luigi might have just been cemented as my main next to Inkling.
Not so fast: https://twitter.com/perepereden/status/1054196638493827072

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Anyways Graizen just jebaited all of you and if you cried out "NO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT" out of (honestly understandable) frustration instead of just...not responding then hopefully you learned a big lesson for next time

C'mon gang we've been over this time and time again

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we get an anime/manga character, I lowkey want Kirito with a Eugeo echo fighter.

Why the **** not, amirite?
Because Kirito's a pansy who can't actually fight in real life.
Like Joker

If you're gonna bring in the black swordsman, bring the REAL one.

G U T S

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
So if Graizen is considered “that Digimon Guy”, and Zinith is considered “that Yoshi Guy”...

What’s my nickname guys?

I want to make nicknames for everyone now.
I think I'm either "that NieR Guy" or "that Emil Guy" seeing as whenever anything pertaining to Nier comes up, people either @ me (like that one time someone found out Keiichi Okabe made a song for Smash) or expect me to show up out of nowhere and reply to their post, and fade away back into the darkness once Nier is no longer the topic.

Plus, you know, my profile icon. And my signature... And my username... And my-- You get the clue.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Speculation on the next, and last, direct

It's going to start with a mini trailer for Ken. Not a full trailer since he's just an echo.

Then maybe the remaining AT's and items

Then it's going to go into Sakurai talking about Spirits mode.

Some menus or some crap

Then end with a full trailer for Incineroar.

Then Sakurai again talking about how we now have the full roster as show the completed banner
Only thing good that will come of that is Dolfy's rant about it on HRP.. So hopefully Fegelein's antics dont ruin it.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A few people on here might do well to remember that not everyone wants to talk about "your" character all the time. It seems relatively common courtesy to abstain from imposing repetitive conversation regarding any singular subject, as it can easily become irritating to others.

The least of which is it certainly won't help draw people to your cause.

I know this is the internet, but a little empathy won't hurt.

D

Deleted member

So you got TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk who can't prove his statements about Loz and continuously tries to sidetrack by being funny and someone who constantly obsesses on Digimon. Boy, I love the Smash Ultimate thread.
The ignore button is amazing. More people need to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What is going in here? I...I don't want to know.
Same old same old.

If you ever want to do a social experiment, say something controversial and count how many people try to get you to shut up by holding a constant conversation with you and perpetuating the subject haha

Heihachi is cooler than your skimpy robot girl chief
They're both kinda la--

No actually you're right I change my mind

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyways Graizen just jebaited all of you and if you cried out "NO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT" out of (honestly understandable) frustration instead of just...not responding then hopefully you learned a big lesson for next time

C'mon gang we've been over this time and time again
It was certainly a genius tactic.
If I didn't have shame i'd jebait people into talking about my favorite stuff all the time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think I'm either "that NieR Guy" or "that Emil Guy" seeing as whenever anything pertaining to Nier comes up, people either @ me or expect me to show up out of nowhere and reply to their post, and fade away back into the darkness once Nier is no longer the topic.

Plus, you know, my profile icon.
No clue who I'd be--wish I had a character I could be passionate about. :upsidedown:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
...wait, didn’t he beat up and abuse his son?
There is such a thing as a morally bad character who is still lovable.

M. Bison's a terrible terrible person but so hammy and iconic many enjoy the character.

Heihachi is one of the worst fathers. But personality-wise? He's very intricate and just good fun that, yeah I still enjoy the character.

Same old same old.

If you ever want to do a social experiment, say something controversial and count how many people try to get you to shut up by holding a constant conversation with you and perpetuating the subject haha

They're both kinda la--

No actually you're right I change my mind
That's right watch your lip boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom