• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
guys, maybe let's chill with the random language ****posting

lest we once again summon the Korean spambots...

Calane

Smash Ace
About the supposed "leak" that has Square Enix's feathers ruffled or whatever, are we sure it's a picture leak? Is there a chance that it could be a text leak or something else? I'm just curious.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
About the supposed "leak" that has Square Enix's feathers ruffled or whatever, are we sure it's a picture leak? Is there a chance that it could be a text leak or something else? I'm just curious.
We don't know what kind of leak it is. Just that there a leak somewhere around the spawn of September/October

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
guys, maybe let's chill with the random language ****posting

lest we once again summon the Korean spambots...
Sorry, my apologies...
anyways, back to normal discussion

any ideas on what this "legit leak" could be?
Now that poor sassy Geno is dead

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I don't see why we should trust that one of these image leaks is real in the first place. This guy supposedly leaked Cloud through riddle, right? Does he have any credibility beyond that? I have a really hard time trusting anyone who plays games and is intentionally vague like that.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
So 108 really was a typo lmao

i’m still betting it got past everyone because a 3 is the right half of an 8

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly I don't see why we should trust that one of these image leaks is real in the first place. This guy supposedly leaked Cloud through riddle, right? Does he have any credibility beyond that? I have a really hard time trusting anyone who plays games and is intentionally vague like that.
Jésus... I feel like repeating this EVERY page.

He ONLY said that Square-Enix are annoyed because of a supposed Leak.

He don't know the Nature of the leak.
He don't know what Characters.
Heck he don't know if the leak was something only leaker circle have or not.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt because I won't believe anyone who make revisionism and say that Cloud was a safe things to leak.

Especially when the Riddle said that the November direct would announce him, the Character is a things, the date too is another.

Sorry for letting this out of my chest, but after repeating this almost every page, I guess I need to let it out

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, I think I'm caught up. A bit miffed at the Geno leaker that they used my Banjo as the intentionally bad leak :( If they don't get in, at the very least it would be nice to have a good looking fake Smash render to pretend...

That's it, I believe. And even then, outside of the timing, it sounds like someone ****ing around and accidentally got it right. That being said, I have no problem thinking he's full of it while playing his game as if he's for real. Also, this probably means if true, then the "real leak" is out there in private circles, and tansut said it could've been shared publicly or privately.

EDIT: I've heard not to trust Switch Force, they're unprofessional (e.g., Paladins review not doing the research).

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jésus... I feel like repeating this EVERY page.

He ONLY said that Square-Enix are annoyed because of a supposed Leak.

He don't know the Nature of the leak.
He don't know what Characters.
Heck he don't know if the leak was something only leaker circle have or not.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt because I won't believe anyone who make revisionism and say that Cloud was a safe things to leak.

Especially when the Riddle said that the November direct would announce him, the Character is a things, the date too is another.

Sorry for letting this out of my chest, but after repeating this almost every page, I guess I need to let it out
I mean I doubt LoZ predicting "Everyone is Here" was a lucky guess either, but because he got that one thing right doesn't make everything he says trustworthy. I'm not saying he didn't have a source for Cloud or anything, I just don't tend to trusrt leakers unless they have a consistent track record, even if they had one or two impossible predictions.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I mean I doubt LoZ predicting "Everyone is Here" was a lucky guess either, but because he got that one thing right doesn't make everything he says trustworthy. I'm not saying he didn't have a source for Cloud or anything, I just don't tend to trusrt leakers unless they have a consistent track record, even if they had one or two impossible predictions.
I agree. I don’t think it was a lucky guess, I legitimately think he had some inside info. Some of the stuff he got right are just impossible to predict. It’s just that he tried to keep the ball rolling with baseless guesses and predictions, and everyone called him out on it.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
I found strange that the total number of stages (non DLC) is 103 as they always introduce new Pokémon stages in every Smash Bros. iteration. That CoroCoro "108 stages" thing might have been a unintentional leak, after all. I honestly don't think Ken and Incineroar are going to be the last fighters, maybe Sakurai is kepting some huge *** surprise for the last direct, like Isaac for exemple, and he's going to need his own stage.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I got Olimar--not a fan. Every time my friend played him he'd spam the crap out of me, but could never understand how to play as him. Somehow I got one of my bottom 10 characters. :rotfl:
I know a lot about the Smash 4 competitive scene, so I suggest looking up Shuton. Best Japanese Olimar and Olimar overall in the world. You'll be impressed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don’t think it was a lucky guess, I legitimately think he had some inside info. Some of the stuff he got right are just impossible to predict. It’s just that he tried to keep the ball rolling with baseless guesses and predictions, and everyone called him out on it.
I just said I didn't think it was a lucky guess either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope this wasn’t a few pages ago, but here is my Infinity War roster:
Survived:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ultluigi::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultgnw::ultyounglink::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultpit::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultkrool::ultsimon:.
Snapped:
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultdarksamus::ultdarkpit::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultlucas::ultrosalina::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultduckhunt::ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultchrom::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultdoc::ultmiifighters::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultinkling::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultryu::ultrichter:

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
I found strange that the total number of stages (non DLC) is 103 as they always introduce new Pokémon stages in every Smash Bros. iteration. That CoroCoro "108 stages" thing might have been a unintentional leak, after all. I honestly don't think Ken and Incineroar are going to be the last fighters, maybe Sakurai is kepting some huge *** surprise for the last direct, like Isaac for exemple, and he's going to need his own stage.
But did that article actually have any new information from Nintendo in it? I would be more inclined to believe the leak if there was any evidence of Nintendo communcating with CoroCoro.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Lucky guess or real leak, Smash 4's a different game. There's no reason to suspect Tansut knows anything about Ultimate, and judging from how he responded--somehow he didn't know mentioning this would cause a stir, which he regretted and said he only did because speculation was boring, like someone making it up would--regardless of track record I have alarm bells going off. That being said, I have no problem expecting him to be ****ing around with us, while just playing along until something happens.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
CoroCoro:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
late but apparently mine is Villager. I'm fine with this
Yeah, I got Villager as well.

I remember thinking I would end up maining Villager before Smash 4 came out, but I ended up not liking his playstyle all that much.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, I got Villager as well.

I remember thinking I would end up maining Villager before Smash 4 came out, but I ended up not liking his playstyle all that much.
I felt the exact same about Megaman. I was gonna be guaranteed megaman main and then I played him and everything he did felt like a I was shooting nerf darts.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I was thinking of making this a thread, but I'm not sure what terms to enter in the search bar so that I know such a thread doesn't already exist.

So I'll ask here instead.

What goals are you hoping to accomplish with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

As for myself, ever since Robin was announced for Smash 4, I've always wanted to be the best Robin main. I feel so possessive of him that I can't stand the fact that someone might be better at him than me. I don't plan on going to IRL tournaments all that much, so I'm going to have to rely on the word spreading, enough so that my name gets mentioned when speculation of the best Robin players arises.

What about you guys? Do you guys have any competitive goals? Or do you just want to have fun with the game?
I won't be pro or anything, but I would like to assist more in advancing Fox's meta this time through discovery of mechanics, strategies etc. IRL tournaments are very infrequent for us Canadians, so I hope to contribute in other ways.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Exactly

And the theory is (to me) is that it’s “poke floats 2”

The reason is just a simple updated version so you can go outside generation 3 Pokémon balloons

And there’s literally a perfect Pokémon for the omega form not sure what Pokémon would be used for the battlefield form besides the one for the stage

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My goal is to make Pictochat my permanent residence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom