• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I feel like the Kithana/Kitana echo thing from my dream was based on this bit at 0:22

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Of course the Geno fans are going to dissect the trailer and find its origin

It wasn't the only thing that debunked it though

no "Not actual gameplay footage" at the bottom of the screen

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
In my impression, I think /v/ may getting good at debunking the fake leaks with few mins of they were posted. That "geno reveal trailer leak" can't last ONE ****ING DAY without being debunked because it got footage from one of the e3 trailers.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Of course the Geno fans are going to dissect the trailer and find its origin

It wasn't the only thing that debunked it though

no "Not actual gameplay footage" at the bottom of the screen
Laugh at you, I was the one posting on the 4chan thread-

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Exactly

And the theory is (to me) is that it’s “poke floats 2”

The reason is just a simple updated version so you can go outside generation 3 Pokémon balloons

And there’s literally a perfect Pokémon for the omega form not sure what Pokémon would be used for the battlefield form besides the one for the stage
Controversial opinion inbound, but that would be awful. I never liked Poké Floats to begin with, and always ranked it as one of my least favorite stages in the franchise. Pokémon has ton of interesting locations to make into stages, and they just made something up completely and had you fight on models of Pokémon.

For the life of me I'll never understand why Poké Floats is so popular. Good riddens, I say.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Controversial opinion inbound, but that would be awful. I never liked Poké Floats to begin with, and always ranked it as one of my least favorite stages in the franchise. Pokémon has ton of interesting locations to make into stages, and they just made something up completely and had you fight on models of Pokémon.

For the life of me I'll never understand why Poké Floats is so popular. Good riddens, I say.
For me it's just nostalgia. Something about hating the stage but having to do it so many times.

Even stuff I dislike can be nostalgic with good memories surrounding it.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Is the game really gonna launch with six empty spaces on an otherwise filled stage select screen? I doubt it, unless DLC is coming earlier than expected we’re getting five new stages. CoroCoro is probably backtracking to save face.

But hey, that’s just a theory.:secretkpop:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

My favorite part about Poké Floats was the music honestly, it was one of my favorite tracks in all of Melee (though the soundtrack for Melee in general is quite good).

Shroob

Sup?
And, why is that?
I've always considered Poke Floats to be at the opposite end of the "No items, Final Destination, Fox.ONLY" meme of "Items at Very High, Poke Floats, Low tiers only"

Of course it's a bit of a bummer it's one of the few stages that got cut, but....

The stage sucks playing on, I hated whenever the game landed on it when I picked random, and I also would have cut Rainbow Cruise had you let me.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Is the game really gonna launch with six empty spaces on an otherwise filled stage select screen? I doubt it, unless DLC is coming earlier than expected we’re getting five new stages. CoroCoro is probably backtracking to save face.

The weirder thing about the bottom row is how it's aligned, to be honest.

Poke Floats is a bad movie that you like watching anyway.
So it's the Space Jam of Smash stages?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

THAT'S JUST A HYPOTHESIS.

A DIGITAL FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA HYPOTHESIS.

THANKS FOR VIEWING!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Why not? Smash 4 3DS shipped with empty spaces on both Character Select and Stage Select.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Exactly

And the theory is (to me) is that it’s “poke floats 2”

The reason is just a simple updated version so you can go outside generation 3 Pokémon balloons

And there’s literally a perfect Pokémon for the omega form not sure what Pokémon would be used for the battlefield form besides the one for the stage
There isn't an Alola stage in Ultimate, that sounds very strange to me as Sun and Moon was the last Pokémon core games released. Maybe it will be revelad alongside Incineroar, who knows.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There isn't an Alola stage in Ultimate, that sounds very strange to me as Sun and Moon was the last Pokémon core games released. Maybe it will be revelad alongside Incineroar, who knows.
I hope Incineroar's stage is Ultra Space, with the Ultra Beasts as stage hazards.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Speaking of cut stages though, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze and Mute City (Melee) are the ones that I'm going to miss the most. I understand why Pac-Maze isn't returning due to its unique gimmick, but Rainbow Road would've been awesome to see in HD, and Mute City (Melee) is all the stranger for being absent considering we have Mute City (SNES). If it were just named as Mute City and not Mute City (SNES), I wouldn't be questioning Mute City (Melee)'s omission, but hopefully we'll see it return as DLC or the like.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This guy has a big point.
Smash Ultimate's advertising isn't exactly good, as we mostly seen things we already seen before, without a lot of new.
This is definitely one point I agree with, for sure.

Not that I'm not ultra excited, I am, but I can't help but feel like... this probably could and should have been done better lol

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This guy has a big
Smash Ultimate's advertising isn't exactly good, as we mostly seen things we already seen before, without a lot of new.
Um um uM UM

You may wanna convert that media embed to a link. Got some uncensored swearing, better safe than sorry...

Other than that I agree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom