• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And you reincarnated into waluigi, who has no likability.
I'd say touche if you didn't do it backwards.
It's Waluigi reincarnated into me, not the other way around. Don't you have something arbitrary to be mad about?

You know, you guys really need to start doing your ****ing research. I'm getting sick of seeing people be ignorant
Oh you already got that covered, my bad

(Take a chill pill, basically lol)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, you guys really need to start doing your ****ing research. I'm getting sick of seeing people be ignorant
Asking questions is doing research.

Don't like seeing people be ignorant? Answer their questions. That's one thing forums like this are really good for.

D

Deleted member

Well that's uncalled for.

Not everyone watches Smash leak culture like a hawk and is constantly in the know. What harm does it do to take five seconds to point them towards a post or say 'It was a drawing made by a talented artist"? Seriously, there's no need to be so hostile. It's just a question.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Did you maybe consider that I looked it up and didn’t find anything before you start attacking me for being ignorant? Or didn’t use some exact wording that would get the results?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aight here's MY take on the Smash Bros Infinity War thing, but with a twist -- I'm including Ken, Incineroar, and some popular wanted newcomers according to the thread.

I'm ALSO including the Soul and Mind Stone casualties. Zelda and Sheik are counted separately, but Samus and Zero Suit aren't. Also Pokemon Trainer, WFT, Villager, Inkling, Octoling, Robin and Corrin are implied to have both male and female variants share the same fate depending on what it is.

Assist trophies all survive. FS cameo's survival depends on the survival of their associated characters. Stage cameos are not immune.

Spared: :ultmario::ultdaisy::ultyoshi::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultgreninja::ultdk::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultpit::ultrosalina::ultlucario:
:ultsnake:(:ultsamus:/:ultzss:):ultsheik::ultdarksamus::ultpikachu::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultfalco::ultduckhunt::ultbayonetta:
:ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultwiifittrainer::ultryu:
:ultmarth:
:ultmiifighters:
Soul Stone Sacrifice:

Mind Stone Sacrifice:
two halves of each, so both die simultaneously and their two halves of the Aegis Core Crystal which here is the Mind Stone come together
Snapped: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultlucina::ultroy::ultlucas::ultshulk:
:ultluigi::ultpeach::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultkirby:
:ultsonic:
:ultmegaman::ultlink::ultzelda:
:ultfox::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultridley::ultrob:
:ultlittlemac::ultsimon::ultike::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultdiddy::ultgnw::ultyounglink::ultdoc::ultcorrin::ultcloud:
:ultwario:

NPC status:
- As mentioned, all ATs survive. Even Waluigi.
- Viridi is spared.
- Dunban and Fiora are snapped. Riki survives on account of also being an AT.
- The Mega Men are snapped.
- Kumatora and Boney are snapped. Paula and Poo survive.
- The Nooklings survive on account of them being in both Isabelle and Villager's FSes, and since Isabelle lived... (and you know what's sadder than seeing Isabelle die? Seeing her cry.)
- Captain Toad is snapped. Pauline is spared.
- Mimikyu, Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Vulpix, Ditto, Abra, Solgaleo and Lunala are snapped. The rest survive.

Any other wanted newcomer's status is unknown.

also one of my ships lives, and another dies but they die together in each other's arms...perfectly balanced. as all things should be.

also oops I just killed all of Xenoblade save for Riki, and any yet to be seen X or 2 ATs...:lol:

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Yes, but not in that manner, or tone?
Well I've been having a bad weekend and can't control my anger, sorry
Did you maybe consider that I looked it up and didn’t find anything before you start attacking me for being ignorant? Or didn’t use some exact wording that would get the results?
You really should have just said "I looked around and couldn't find it".

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here's a fun hypothetical for everyone:

Let's say smash bros never existed until this game. What characters would be in it if you take into consideration characters are here for veteran purposes and stuff, i.e. Jigglypuff, Roy, ZSS, etc. would probably not be in for a first ever smash bros since they got in due to being a veteran or in the case of a final smash gimmick like ZSS.
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultridley::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzelda:

These still would have a shot, imo.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Tbh I'm not surprised Sassy Geno was debunked, even when the Delfino bit raised my belief slightly it never looked right to me. However I still believe Geno has a great shot for base roster, so bleh.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Unnecessary annoying anger aside,
Imagine Monster Hunter getting revealed after a lot of people thought that they weren’t likely anymore.
That would be a trip. I think the hunter would definitely be a prime candidate for DLC, personally

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyone got a smaller Rayman icon the big one seems out of place in my post, and it's the only version i could find on the OP of the Newcomer Stock Icons thread

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
...why would you think Grovyle would be in at all anyway? If we're getting a grass starter by itself it's going to be Decidueye. the most requested Pokemon in multiple polls. Or it'd be Sceptile because Nintendo loves him. Unless you meant Sceptile and not the lesser evolution but if you're supporting him I doubt you got the name wrong.
I specifically want the Mystery Dungeon one.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Imagine Monster Hunter getting revealed after a lot of people thought that they weren’t likely anymore.
Funny part is, that's absolutely a possibility.

Remember when they showed of a trophy of Palutena and she ended up being a fighter? I wouldn't put it past them to show off and hype up Rathalos then pull the wool over us and reveal an actual MH.

I don't think it's going to happen-at all- but it's a jape we tend to forget about.

EDIT: It was Psuedo Palutena, I am a derp.

I specifically want the Mystery Dungeon one.
THIS GUY GETS IT

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Remember when they showed of a trophy of Palutena and she ended up being a fighter? I wouldn't put it past them to show off and hype up Rathalos then pull the wool over us and reveal an actual MH.

I don't think it's going to happen-at all- but it's a jape we tend to forget about.
That was Psuedo Palutena though.

Big difference.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Haha. Yeah. A Jape.

...Jape.

...Jungle Japes.

:bigthink:

Cranky Broken Image confirmed for Monster Hunter.

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking of making this a thread, but I'm not sure what terms to enter in the search bar so that I know such a thread doesn't already exist.

So I'll ask here instead.

What goals are you hoping to accomplish with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

As for myself, ever since Robin was announced for Smash 4, I've always wanted to be the best Robin main. I feel so possessive of him that I can't stand the fact that someone might be better at him than me. I don't plan on going to IRL tournaments all that much, so I'm going to have to rely on the word spreading, enough so that my name gets mentioned when speculation of the best Robin players arises.

What about you guys? Do you guys have any competitive goals? Or do you just want to have fun with the game?
Despite how weird of a question this is, I find it even more strange that I have an answer (or 5):

1. I want to bring a Fire Emblem character into my "characters of choice" selection (kind of like a collections of mains). I'm thinking either Chrom or Roy.
2. I want to become better with Mega Man.
3. I want to main Wolf.
4. I want to become good with a heavyweight character.
5. I want to become good enough to compete professionally with Mewtwo and Mario.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I was thinking of making this a thread, but I'm not sure what terms to enter in the search bar so that I know such a thread doesn't already exist.

So I'll ask here instead.

What goals are you hoping to accomplish with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

As for myself, ever since Robin was announced for Smash 4, I've always wanted to be the best Robin main. I feel so possessive of him that I can't stand the fact that someone might be better at him than me. I don't plan on going to IRL tournaments all that much, so I'm going to have to rely on the word spreading, enough so that my name gets mentioned when speculation of the best Robin players arises.

What about you guys? Do you guys have any competitive goals? Or do you just want to have fun with the game?
A week or so after Ultimate releases I will be participating in a tournament with over 64 people playing

My goal is to win that. Playing either Bowser or Incineroar (or if he's in Geno).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aight here's MY take on the Smash Bros Infinity War thing, but with a twist -- I'm including Ken, Incineroar, and some popular wanted newcomers according to the thread.

I'm ALSO including the Soul and Mind Stone casualties. Zelda and Sheik are counted separately, but Samus and Zero Suit aren't. Also Pokemon Trainer, WFT, Villager, Inkling, Octoling, Robin and Corrin are implied to have both male and female variants share the same fate depending on what it is.

Assist trophies all survive. FS cameo's survival depends on the survival of their associated characters. Stage cameos are not immune.

Spared: :ultmario::ultdaisy::ultyoshi::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultgreninja::ultdk::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultpit::ultrosalina::ultlucario:
:ultsnake:(:ultsamus:/:ultzss:):ultsheik::ultdarksamus::ultpikachu::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultfalco::ultduckhunt::ultbayonetta:
:ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario:
:ultmarth:

Soul Stone Sacrifice:

Mind Stone Sacrifice:
two halves of each, so both die simultaneously and their two halves of the Aegis Core Crystal which here is the Mind Stone come together
Snapped: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultlucina::ultroy::ultlucas::ultshulk:
:ultryu::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultkirby:
:ultsonic:
:ultmegaman::ultlink::ultzelda:
:ultfox::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultridley::ultrob:
:ultlittlemac::ultsimon::ultike::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultdiddy::ultgnw::ultyounglink::ultdoc::ultcorrin::ultcloud:

NPC status:
- As mentioned, all ATs survive. Even Waluigi.
- Viridi is spared.
- Dunban and Fiora are snapped. Riki survives on account of also being an AT.
- The Mega Men are snapped.
- The Nooklings survive on account of them being in both Isabelle and Villager's FSes, and since Isabelle lived... (and you know what's sadder than seeing Isabelle die? Seeing her cry.)
- Captain Toad is snapped.
- Mimikyu, Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Vulpix, Ditto, Abra, Solgaleo and Lunala are snapped. The rest survive.

Any other wanted newcomer's status is unknown.

also one of my ships lives, and another dies but they die together in each other's arms...perfectly balanced. as all things should be.

also oops I just killed all of Xenoblade save for Riki, and any yet to be seen X or 2 ATs...:lol:
My three favorite lords lived, as did Mario, Greninja, Olimar, and Pac-Man. Sadly, Little Mac, Mewtwo, R.O.B., and Simon weren't so lucky. But they will be avenged. :p

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
OK I think I caught up on everything since last I was on.
-So a couple of leaks got debunked by the creator (Banjo Dixie and Sassy Geno)
-There is supposedly two direct on the way? (One game focused one Pokemon likely and then the final smash direct)
-Still unsure what other leaks fit with the SQ being upset (other than the Sora tweet)

Anything else I missed?

Also more music coming from Crunchii?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My three favorite lords lived, as did Mario, Greninja, Mewtwo, Olimar, and Pac-Man. Sadly, Little Mac, Mewtwo, R.O.B., and Simon weren't so lucky. But they will be avenged. :p
uhhhh you wrote Mewtwo twice dude

...I didn't repeat any in my post did I tho

ps still in need of a smaller Rayman icon

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
OK I think I caught up on everything since last I was on.
-So a couple of leaks got debunked by the creator (Banjo Dixie and Sassy Geno)
-There is supposedly two direct on the way? (One game focused one Pokemon likely and then the final smash direct)
-Still unsure what other leaks fit with the SQ being upset (other than the Sora tweet)

Anything else I missed?

Also more music coming from Crunchii?
That's the gist of it.

And yeah, Crunchii uploaded Rathalos' theme. Though it seems to just be the original theme, not a remix.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
A week or so after Ultimate releases I will be participating in a tournament with over 64 people playing

My goal is to win that. Playing either Bowser or Incineroar (or if he's in Geno).
That brings me back to Brawl's launch, where the Gamestop that I preordered my copy from was participating in the nationwide tournament for the game. It was surreal, as it was my first ever tourney, and I want to say we had 32 people competing in it, though I can't be 100% about the total number. But, I distinctly remember being the only Peach user of the bunch, and people were even giving me a hard time about picking her, but I stuck by that decision to use her. I ended up coming in 3rd place, and I think that may in part be because we had to use the Wii Remote + Nunchuk combo, but I was extremely proud of how well I did, even getting a $5 gift card! I think I convinced some of the people I played against (and other onlookers) that I wasn't to be underestimated just from using a character that is "girly" compared to everyone else's picks, and that was enough for me.

But yeah, I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming tourney! Just do your best, and you'll surely go far in it. If you come out on top, I'd be happy to hear all about your victory! ;)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That's the gist of it.

And yeah, Crunchii uploaded Rathalos' theme. Though it seems to just be the original theme, not a remix.
I noticed that. I compared this track to what we heard during 8.8 and I do believe they are the same.

Also, the leak scene is so barren now compared to other iterations of the game or is it just me?

Things seem a LOT more controlled this time around. Makes sense if they don't want to leak anything...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom