• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reminds me of the time I decided to take his other Geno Video, and make the full background of it:

Honestly, I analyzed everything for a while.. And it all completely made sense. He put effort and thought into this background.
TerminalMontage TerminalMontage
Don't mean to call you out specifically, since I've seen a lot of people under the same impression, but it might be worth knowing that that list people think is the Brawl poll is actually just how many mentions that specific character got in the Japan-only section of the DOJO whereby Sakurai replied to select write-ins for the poll. It's not indicative of how many votes a character got.

I mean Sonic was confirmed #1 and he's not even on the list.

Everything else in the vid is great and pretty spot on though. I can even overlook the big ol X through Isaac. :p
At least you didn't write NO over him, haha.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, how's the lot of us who's most wanted characters are the more obscure characters wanted by smash fans doing?
2B or not 2B for me.

The majority of my wish list is made up of obscure or unlikely characters.

Can I join you?
I'm still the guy over here wanting Harp Note, who's a supporting character of a series that is a spin off of a spin off of a series with several other spin offs that already has loads of more popular choices, so...

Also Lyn still hurts me.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I want Quote so bad, but (if you know this character, huge points to you) I also really want the water you play as in the game Fluidity on Wii. But that's waaaay out there.
Haha the water from Fluidity would probably be the funniest addition ever! The salt of people finding out their most wanted character wasn't chosen over literal water would fill, wait for it... a sea.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Haha the water from Fluidity would probably be the funniest addition ever! The salt of people finding out their most wanted character wasn't chosen over literal water would fill, wait for it... a sea.
That's the best pun I've heard in awhile. XD
The water also fits that "surprise" character criteria if that's to be accounted for, like a Wii Fit Trainer type reveal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I want Gengar, but he won't get in.

Not with how GF and TPC work with Sakurai.

Nope.

prove me wrong, Sakurai. please.

I want Quote so bad, but (if you know this character, huge points to you) I also really want the water you play as in the game Fluidity on Wii. But that's waaaay out there.
Is Fluidity that game where you play as that dew-drop character that can also turn into ice or steam...?

I might be entirely wrong, I just remember playing a game like that, my parents renting it for me from Movie Gallery when it was still a thing (despite their name, they let you rent videogames as well).

Shroob

Sup?
I want Gengar, but he won't get in.

Not with how GF and TPC work with Sakurai.

Nope.

prove me wrong, Sakurai. please.

Is Fluidity that game where you play as that dew-drop character that can also turn into ice or steam...?

I might be entirely wrong, I just remember playing a game like that, my parents renting it for me from Movie Gallery when it was still a thing (despite their name, they let you rent videogames as well).
As much as I like Gengar, anymore Gen1 **** is gonna make me hurl after seeing how much it's treated as the golden child by Gamefreak themselves.

NineS

Smash Lord
I need a source on that gif right ****ing now.

See!? Laughs! Dad was wrong!
MOTHER would be proud.
I'm sure MOTHER 3 would be too, but we haven't heard from her in a while...

That's the best pun I've heard in awhile. XD
The water also fits that "surprise" character criteria if that's to be accounted for, like a Wii Fit Trainer type reveal.
I'd main it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So was that supposed PM geno pic what actually debunked sassy geno? As in are we sure it came before the leak?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Yeah, basically. But it (as far as I remember) didn't get a physical release as it was a WiiWare exclusive title (I'm pretty sure) that got a 3DS sequel. I never played the 3DS game, but I did play the heck out of the original.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll just share this.
Because it just made me explode of laugher after not sleeping at 7am and just staying with y'all all night.
It also made me remember that this exist Against the Disney Nazi

There was a problem fetching the tweet

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, basically. But it (as far as I remember) didn't get a physical release as it was a WiiWare exclusive title (I'm pretty sure) that got a 3DS sequel. I never played the 3DS game, but I did play the heck out of the original.
Well, I searched it up, and apparently the game was actually Dewey's Adventure.

It was a nice game from what I remember, but sometimes it was also confusing. You moved Dewey around by tilting the whole level with the wiimote, and you could change the temperature somehow so that he'd either be ice, water or steam.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
This is my ideal set of characters for a sequel that reboots the roster:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultrosalina:: I cut Daisy and Dr Mario because clones, and Bowser Jr because not that much important. Luigi gets a Luigi's Mansion moveset. I keept Rosalina due to her unique gimmick and to represent the other not-Peach Mario princesses/girls.
:ultyoshi:(Baby Bros.): I feel like this series needs a new rep, and the baby bros are the most iconic characters. Kamek would still have a role in the game anyway.
:ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultkrool:: Added Dixie Kong.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Ganon)(Tingle): cut the clones and Sheik because not much important. Added Ganon and Tingle because they are iconic.
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: cut Dark Samus because clone.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:: as much as I want Adeleine, I think that in case of a reboot, better to stay with the iconic main trio and improve their moveset.
:ultfox::ultwolf:(Krystal): Cut Falco because clone. Krystal in because she was important in the Gamecube/DS era and she brings original gameplay.
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:(new gen rep/s): I pretty much cut everyone except for Pikachu and Mewtwo (because iconic). A new Pokèmon should be added though (1 or more). I cut Pokèmon Trainer because I think its concept is inconsistent: if you can play as a pokèmon without the trainer, why would you need the trainer for some of them? If anything, the trainer should be a fighter on his own, fighting on the stage without the Pokèmons, with a moveset based on what he/she can do in the games (but would it make sense without the Pokèmons?).
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:(Tom Nook)(K.K. Slider): Added 2 important characters for this very popular series
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:: I'm not a Fire Emblem expert, I selected those characters only due to their moveset and I cut the clones. Maybe keep the movesets and replace the characters with different more recent ones.
:ultpit::ultpalutena:(a villain): Cut Dark Pit. A villain character should be added, probably Medusa because she appears in the original game.
:ultinkling::ultshulk::ultolimar:(maybe Arms? or something else not out yet): Modern franchises: 1 rep. each.
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultwario:(Lip): SNES era characters, 1 for each franchise (I cut Lucas because clone). I added Lip because why not. You can consider Wario a SNES era character or a modern character depending if you consider Super Mario Land 2/Warioland or just the Wario Ware series.
:ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac:: NES era characters, 1 for each franchise.
:ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters:(Nintendo Labo?): Hardware/Product mascottes. Mii is revamped and it's now based on the Wii- gamse, 3DS Mii Plaza and stuff like Miitopia/Tomodachi Life.

55/56 characters, no third parties, only characters who are important to Nintendo's history or who are very iconic for their unique moveset.
Compared to the about 70 characters we have so far, even if they are many, there are still a lot of cuts.
About 12/13 unique newcomers, but many old characters would require revamped movesets and updates, so it's still a lot of work.
I may still cut some of the less important characters if needed, such as Rosalina, Tingle, the Kid Icarus characters other than Pit, and the Animal Crossing characters other than Villager and probably more.
Cool ideas. I don't imagine Sakurai getting rid of Palutena, but then again, a reboot likely wouldn't even be done by Sakurai.
My idea for a reboot.
New gameplay, maybe something even more fast and technical. A harder learning curve, but still simplistic enough to appeal to everyone. A big addition, will be tag team mode, which completely replaces transforming characters and adds a new exciting kind of fight for the competitive side. A new look as well. Maybe something more Brawl-esque, or if they really wanted to change things up, they could do something that's drawn. I think a Breath of the Wild look would be really cool.

As for the roster.

Super Mario - Mario, Luigi, Bowser and likely Peach
I don't see a reason for Rosalina to stick around, even though I like her character.

Yoshi - Yoshi
I don't know what other characters would be considered good reps for the series, I'd imagine one addition would work, but I can't imagine Shy Guy being added and not being called a Mario character. Maybe Kamek? I don't think they're going to allow babies to get beaten up in Smash. Leave that to ARMS.

Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
King K. Rool is awesome, probably the best of the four. However, he hasn't shown up in a main Donkey Kong game for a long, long time. Unless he returns, maybe to finish of the DKC Returns Trilogy... I don't see him returning. Donkey Kong Jr. and/or Cranky Kong would be a cool addition, but I don't see that happening. Of course, Lanky Kong would be the best addition, but that's even less likely than getting a new Wario rep.

The Legend of Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa and maybe Midna & Wolf Link
Impa is one of the important reoccurring characters. I can definitely imagine Sheik being gone and Impa replacing her. As for Midna, her and Wolf Link are both very memorable characters from one of the greatest selling titles in the franchise. She's very recognizable, and would bring a unique moveset. I'd say that Wolf Link would assist for certain specials as well as the Final Smash. I only see this happening if Skull Kid is highlighted in Ultimate though (as a playable character or as a boss).

Metroid - Samus, Ridley and maybe Sylux
If Metroid Prime 4 does focus on Sylux, and ends up being a hit, I can see Sylux being a Smash character. I think Smash Ultimate DLC is more likely, though. Depends on whether or not Sylux ends up being a character that sticks with people and becomes recognizable as a Metroid character. Zero Suit Samus is cool, but she doesn't need to be in Smash. Maybe she can be in the Final Smash of Samus somehow. Of course, not the same way as in Brawl.

Kirby - Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
Agree with what you said.

Star Fox - Fox, Falco, Wolf
I don't think Krystal is very iconic like Fox, and she's not loved by fans like Falco and Wolf, at least, from what I've seen (not actually a fan myself, so I've only seen some opinions on the characters). Seems most people who were disappointed at Krystal being an Assist Trophy in Ultimate were furries, hahaha.

Pokémon - Pikachu, Eevee (if they continue pushing Eevee as a second mascot. Even if they don't, Eevee's very recognizable and popular), some humanoid Pokémon (Lucario or Gardevoir seem likely) and a couple other reps, including one from the newest game at the time.
I don't think Greninja will stay, Pichu won't, Trainer won't if they get rid of transforming fighters. Jigglypuff will stay if they aren't going to get rid of the original twelve. If they are, she will go. I don't know why I feel like Mewtwo won't show up again. He probably will, though.

Animal Crossing - Isabelle
Villager feels too replaceable, while Isabelle is an iconic mascot of the series. Tom Nook is funny, but I don't see it happening. The dog should just continue singing, playing his music instead of fighting.

Fire Emblem - Marth, Ike, Lyn
Three of the most iconic characters from the series. I could see a side character potentially becoming playable, too.

Kid Icarus - Pit, Palutena, Viridi, Medusa
If Sakurai is working on the game, I can't imagine Pit being the only playable character. I don't think he'll be directing it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he still helps out. If he isn't, I'll only expect Pit. I think that there will be another Kid Icarus game before the next Smash, and I hope Nintendo will push it to do well. It's a great series. More reps would be great. I realize that personal bias is kind of coming into play though, when I'm trying to be realistic. Okay, lets try this again.

Kid Icarus - Pit, Medusa or Dark Pit or Palutena
Simply change Dark Pit's moveset to make him his own character, and represent how he plays in his own games. Medusa would work as she's a villain of the series who's been around since the first game. Hades would be the best, but I don't know if that would happen.

Splatoon - Inklings
Don't see the Octolings sticking around if they become DLC in Ultimate.

Xenoblade - Shulk, Xenoblade 3 protagonist?
I feel like by the time the third game comes around, the series is going to be very iconic, more than it currently is, and people will actually recognize the new Xenoblade character.

Pikmin - Olimar
I'll still wish for Louie to get in.

Earthbound
Doubtful.

F-Zero - Captain Falcon
I'd love for more reps, but unless the series gets revived, I think Ultimate is the last chance for anyone else from the series to join the fight. "Blaaack... Shadooowww... KIIIIICK!"

Wario - Wario, maybe Ashley
Ashley's kind of the Isabelle of WarioWare. Mona or Captain Syrup would be great, too, but Mona's chances aren't heaps high, and Captain Syrup, I just can't see happening.

Ice Climber - Ice Climbers
I think they're iconic because of Smash, and the Smash fans like the duo enough for them to reoccur in the future, I think. The upset that was caused when they were gone from Smash 4 was heard, I'm sure.

Duck Hunt
Nah, can't see it happening.

Punch-Out!!
It'd suck to see him go, but I don't imagine Little Mac sticking around. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

As for Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer, I'm not sure. I think Wii Fit Trainer has the best chance of sticking around, but Mr. Game & Watch has been around for a long time in the series, and R.O.B.'s so good that it'd be sad to see him go.
The Mii, however, I can definitely see coming back. I'd love for them to take stuff from their games. It'd make them a bottom-tier character, but I think it'd be hilarious if they took elements from Tomodachi Life, like occasionally getting hungry and doing worse in the fight unless they're fed, sometimes just pausing to sneeze, or tripping over when they're running for a while. A Final Smash could be them performing a musical number that the person playing as them has wrote, or it could be them incorporating in a sport of choice, be it scoring a home run, unleashing a stunning boxing combo, or setting the opponents up like pins and knocking them down with a bowling ball.
I think Mii could actually be a very fun character if they were made to represent their actual games.

Should note, however, this is by no means my ideal roster. It's just one I could kind of imagine happening. I might post my ideal roster later tonight.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I'll just share this.
Because it just made me explode of laugher after not sleeping at 7am and just staying with y'all all night.

Thano's final Smash is snapping his finger to erase half of the cast.

Every character who were affected will say "I don't feel so good" before they disintegrate into dust.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Well, I searched it up, and apparently the game was actually Dewey's Adventure.

It was a nice game from what I remember, but sometimes it was also confusing.
Ahh, okay. That's the name of the 3DS game. Haven't played it, but if it's any good and is similar to the original, I might consider it as that'd be interesting.

EDIT: Dewey's Adventure is not related to Fluidity lol. It's okay to mix up names though, it happens. XD

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'll just share this.

If Disney likes anything it's more money and promotion. Just don't put their characters on a birthday cake. :p

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
60C2994E-C854-4202-BF86-57C75D824C2B.jpeg

Looks like the Smash Switch Edition is starting to be displayed. Makes sense because it’s only like 12 days till release?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

If it was a Wii game that actually had a physical copy, then you're probably thinking of this hilarious game, Dewey's Adventure:

NineS

Smash Lord
It's an old post from OrmilleF's twitter/tumblr
If you're a Lyn fan, I highly recommend checking him out.

Word of warning: there's a lot of porn.
Something tells me the fact that you mentioned that is going to make some people actively go to OrmilleF's pages just to, er... Confirm your statement and conduct experiments...

For "Science."

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Who is this good boy and what I have to do to get him into Smash?
Sorta kinda Enter the Gungeon spoilers?

He’s an unlockable playable character in Enter the Gungeon. He’s a sentient bullet that wields a sword that can shoot sword shaped lasers, but can also wield multiple other weapons which include:

1. A bullet that shoots guns that shoot bullets.
2. A literal flare gun.
3. An eyeball that shoots tears.
4. A banana that shoots explosives.
5. A barrel that shoots fish.
6. A grub that shoots poison like a shotgun.
7. A bow that shoots bullets.
8. A mailbox that shoots mail.
9. A literal T-shirt cannon.
10. A living frog that shoots bubbles.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
As much as I like Gengar, anymore Gen1 **** is gonna make me hurl after seeing how much it's treated as the golden child by Gamefreak themselves.
People like you are the reason I'm not expecting playable Dragonite in Smash anytime soon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom