• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't believe they would make a Soul Calibur without Setsuka.

Every japanese fighting game needs iaijutsu.
Every. Single. One.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since were on the topic of Soulcalibur who'd make good guests for the series?

Scorpion would make a pretty sick guest. Same with Ryu Hayabusa.

D

Deleted member

We got what might be news and so getting something on Nov 3-4 and then to the point this drought has exhausted us that were talking about other video games like other fighting games to kill the time.
Direct during November? And take away a big chunk of Pokemon Let's Go's ramp up towards release? I'mma need dat link.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Direct during November? And take away a big chunk of Pokemon Let's Go's ramp up towards release? I'mma need dat link.
TLDR Doesn't say its the demo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So uh, you know how I said I might make a Super Smash Brothers characters as portrayed by Gravity Falls video inspired by Spongebob memes of the same vain? Well uh yeah, I kind of wasted all of my free time today slowly working away on it. Here it is.

Gosh now I'm worried that people won't find it that funny and that I just wasted all day on nothing.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok looking it up now...

Missing from VI are any and all characters introduced in V (good riddance)
Hwang whos been missing for a few games now
Rock who's been on and off since Edge
Li Long was replaced by Maxi ages ago
Yun-Seong
Cassandra (my heart aches)
Setsuka
Amy
Hilde
Algol
Waluigi's Ancestor
And basically any Guest or Console only character
Plus any Mokujin type style switcher such as Charade or Edge Master..

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Scorpion is my #1 pipe dream character because of how absurd and badass it would be. If he can be in Injustice then I'm sure he can translate well into Smash.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

I think either 2B or Dante would be really cool additions in my opinion, though I do think Ryu Hayabusa would fit in really well within the Soul Calibur universe.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's an inference given Sakurai re-tweeted about a Nintendo Live event around that time that will have Smash Ultimate there. It's something, but I've also expected a Direct one too many times.

However, the claims from someone else that it's a non demo build comparing it to Let's Go, but it may be referring to the fact previously Let's Go had a trial version.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Geralt being from a book series opens alot of doors. Particularly for characters from a Song of Ice and Fire.. But if we were gonna go that route.. Guts from Berserk

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Um... Moge-ko, I guess...? She would love to be in a game that's all about slicing people to bits! Hee hee!

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Fun Fact: Dante was actually considered as a guest for Soulcalibur III.
I think I vaguely remember that, but it has been so long. :laugh:

The only thing I distinctly remember about that game in terms of guest characters is the fact that you could recreate KOS-MOS through the character creator. It was a really cool cameo for her in my opinion.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I don't think Project Soul are really gonna do Version Exclusive Guests anymore.. Especially considering Yoda/Vader are now locked forever.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
We might have hit a point where were too exhausted to even repeat the same smash related talking points anymore.. Anything else going on in the world of gaming at least? The new Soul Calibur is out anyone got that? Is it any good?
The next Pikmin still has no news. Bayonetta 3/Metroid Prime 4 might only be shown next year, and playable in 2020. NieR: Automata isn't playable on Switch yet. Still haven't gotten TWEWY, a game I've been wanting to play since maybe halfway through primary school? I wanted to get the game on DS, but years passed and I never got it. Tempted to get it on the Switch, but it costs a fair bit. Might end up being like, thirteen years of waiting before I finally buy it.

Nothing outside of Smash is happening that's got me interested, hahaha.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Anyone remember those Geloyte pictures a couple months ago?

I don’t know if anyone talked about them much But recently it seems there are a few new ones lately...

What if the guy that mention about a picture that ruffled Nintendo’s feathers was Geloyte instead of Geno?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, speaking of which, consider Neku an honorary member of characters I support for Smash. Been loving TWEWY Final Remix and he'd probably have some really unique moves if he got in. He's my second to go pick for a SE rep after Geno.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

I don’t know if anyone talked about them much But recently it seems there are a few new ones lately...

What if the guy that mention about a picture that ruffled Nintendo’s feathers was Geloyte instead of Geno?
That Geolyte image was confirmed fake. The only reason it is being talked about again is because some YouTuber is trying to sell it as real.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh yeah, speaking of which, consider Neku an honorary member of characters I support for Smash. Been loving TWEWY Final Remix and he'd probably have some really unique moves if he got in. He's my second to go pick for a SE rep after Geno.
Awesome.

Neku's radical, and more people should play his game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The guy literally said it wasn't Nintendo whose feathers were ruffled

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
TWEWY is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'd of course be absolute head over heels for Neku.

...If it weren't for Geno. :denzel:

A Neku Shiki tag team would be sick. Maybe like, you could call in Shiki and having her with you would strengthen your attacks/give you different ones that work together with her, but when she takes damage, so do you, or something.

I dunno, just spit balling.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
TWEWY is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'd of course be absolute head over heels for Neku.

...If it weren't for Geno. :denzel:

A Neku Shiki tag team would be sick.
Neku Joshua though.
We finally have our gay Smash character :happysheep:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
The guy literally said it wasn't Nintendo whose feathers were ruffled
I didn’t know about that.

That Geolyte image was confirmed fake. The only reason it is being talked about again is because some YouTuber is trying to sell it as real.
Maybe, but looking at the pictures and looking around I haven’t found anyone making the same image to show it’s fake or finding the creator of those pictures. But would be interesting character to be in Smash since Sakurai made the games I think?

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Thought occured to me, If Square gets their jimmies rustled over leaks, and a leak out there has someones jimmies rustled who isnt nintendo. AND if someone asked if sora was in smash got banned off Twitter...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, yes but it doesnt rule out DLC guests. Look at Tekken. Akuma in base game then Geese, Noctis, and that one dude from Walking dead as DLC.
Ah my knowledge isn't too great on Soulcalibur. It's a series I want to try out and since this one is a reboot I don't have to go through all the games to get an idea of what the series and its characters are.

All I did know is each one had a guest. Always thought it was one each. Thanks for the input.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Unpopular Opinion:
I think Tracer from Overwatch is getting in as a DLC fighter, if not another Blizzard rep (most likely Tracer imo though since Overwatch is a possibility for Switch as stated by the devs themselves and could tie into it).

I think Diablo is a good one as well though.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
2B and/or Dante would be awesome. I'd really like to see both of them.
Haven't played NieR: Automata yet, but her design is really good, and I can see her style of play being great.
Dante would fit really well, and has a good reason to be in the roster, being the protagonist of the game that defined the genre which Bayonetta refined. Seeing him go up against the witch would be a blast. His trailer would have to involve him interacting with her somehow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There can’t be at least one more guest slot? Soul calibur had atleast 3 guest characters from the Star Wars series. Even though their from the same series it was still 3 characters.
The above had already been answered for me. Before then I my knowledge with how Soulcalibur went wasn't too great thinking each game only had one guest or exclusives (Like how Soulcalibur did with Link, Spawn and Heihachi).

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ah my knowledge isn't too great on Soulcalibur. It's a series I want to try out and since this one is a reboot I don't have to go through all the games to get an idea of what the series and its characters are.

All I did know is each one had a guest. Always thought it was one each. Thanks for the input.
If we wanna count HD version of II, II had 2 in one
And IV had 3 Guests if you bought the dlc unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom