• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dang, that sounds crazy and depressing...
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Disliked Newcomer? Dark Samus.
Not because I dislike her character, but because the way they implemented her was a fat load of wasted potential.
I kind of agree.

But at least we will get an amiibo of the character.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Which special moves would you give to Doom Guy?
Standard B- Super Shotgun. Short-medium range projectile, packs a punch. Hitbox is like Megamans side special.
Up B- Rocket Jump. Points a rocket at the ground, shoots. If the rocket doesnt hit the ground/is too far away, only the small recoil of the laumcher will propel him, but if he gets caught in the explosion, giviving him damage but a high recovery as well.
Side B- Plasma rifle. Shoots a stream of plasma orbs, which are long range and have the burn effect. Each orb is abiut the size of the shadiw balls used in Mewtwos up throw.
Down B- Chainsaw. He pulls out the chainsaw, rwvs it, and any enwmy close enough gets cut by this multi hit attack. If you hold down B, you keep the chainsaw out, but sacrifice jump height.
Oh, and pummels/throws are based on glory kills.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LaxChris needs to stop making fake news Smash videos. His fans keep on "correcting" me with the stuff he says instead of what is actually true.

Like making a video about "71 Fighters!".

D

Deleted member

Standard B- Super Shotgun. Short-medium range projectile, packs a punch. Hitbox is like Megamans side special.
Up B- Rocket Jump. Points a rocket at the ground, shoots. If the rocket doesnt hit the ground/is too far away, only the small recoil of the laumcher will propel him, but if he gets caught in the explosion, giviving him damage but a high recovery as well.
Side B- Plasma rifle. Shoots a stream of plasma orbs, which are long range and have the burn effect. Each orb is abiut the size of the shadiw balls used in Mewtwos up throw.
Down B- Chainsaw. He pulls out the chainsaw, rwvs it, and any enwmy close enough gets cut by this multi hit attack. If you hold down B, you keep the chainsaw out, but sacrifice jump height.
Oh, and pummels/throws are based on glory kills.
That's actually a good moveset.

Although i imagined the chainsaw as a charged smash attack.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I didn't say that. Doesn't change the fact that killing is still present, and something religious people would be against in the first place. Now, just drop the topic, okay? It has gone on for long enough.

So, if I may ask you guys, who do you think will be your least favorite newcomer?
It'll be Chrom for me. At least I have a punching bag this time around

Funny thing is, Ike's game released after FF7, so it's actually Great Aether copies after the Omnislash.

Also, we have a lot of Final Smashes look like each other.
:ultike: vs :ultcloud: for the SSB World Heavyweight Championship

Neither cannot use their Final Smash in the match

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Super Mario Maker and Super Mario 3D World have been the only ports I've wanted (outside of Smash 5 har har har), and it feels like they'll be the last ones coming or not at all--which is disappointing. Hopefully they get sequels, but I just want something--they were the best games on the Wii U.

Also out of all the games making their jump from 3DS/Wii U to the Switch, I feel like Smash did it the best--give the audience *more* than what they were expecting, not *less* (looking at you LGPE).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah Corrin 2.0 wouldn't be ideal for me either but at least we know the character is coming and it's an axe user no less.
Why do we assume that an FE newcomer is basically a lock? Sakurai has even admitted to FE saturation in the past in an interview about Corrin and said ge only added him because he was convinced he'd be an interesting fighter. I really doubt FE characters get a "reserved slot" the same way Pokemon characters do, and I also doubt anything Edelgard does will be half as interesting as Corrin's Dragon Fang, axe or no axe.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Why do we assume that an FE newcomer is basically a lock? Sakurai has even admitted to FE saturation in the past in an interview about Corrin and said ge only added him because he was convinced he'd be an interesting fighter. I really doubt FE characters get a "reserved slot" the same way Pokemon characters do, and I also doubt anything Edelgard does will be half as interesting as Corrin's Dragon Fang, axe or no axe.
No but FE and PKMN are going to be major releases next year so it's logical to assume there will be newcomers to promote those games. Even if the former doesn't sound ideal.

D

Deleted member

Edelgard has Homura’s (English) voice actress, so she’s absolutely a lock.

:4pacman:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What lol why are we assuming we're getting an FE newcomer, an axe user especially
Like I said above, for marketing purposes I see a character from that game and a Gen 8 PKMN as close to a "lock" as you could get.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
On the topic of Smash though, I never understood why people complain about three of the FE reps being from one game (Awakening), but nobody seems to have any issue with three of the Zelda reps being from one game as well (Young Link, Sheik, and Ganondorf from OoT).
I guess Zelda being one of the "Big Three" Nintendo franchises is excused unless the criticisms are directed towards adding another Link.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
For anyone still kind of sad over no news for a direct, just know that every day we're one day closer to a direct. We may not know what day that is, but it's assured we're one day closer to it.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Man, remember when we were certain we'd get something last week because of the playlist update? And because we didn't get anything then we were certain we'd get a direct announcement this week?

Ah, simpler times.

(Honestly if a Smash bomb drops I'll be unable to get anything done for like a few days)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, remember when we were certain we'd get something last week because of the playlist update? And because we didn't get anything then we were certain we'd get a direct announcement this week?

Ah, simpler times.

(Honestly if a Smash bomb drops I'll be unable to get anything done for like a few days)
The upside is as each day goes by the chances we'll get something go up a tiny bit, until eventually something'll happen.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What lol why are we assuming we're getting an FE newcomer, an axe user especially
New Fire Emblem coming out on Switch next year has like four characters to keep an eye on: Edelgard, Dimitri Rascalov, Claude, and Byleth.

All just an assumption we'd be getting FE characters via DLC. Edelgard using axes somehow makes her appealing because of a nonexistent Weapon Triangle quota we got to fill. All we have is the E3 trailer. Nothing else is known about it.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Out of boredom, I decided to Thanos Snap the roster using a random team generator. I separated PKMN Trainer and the Miis into their own separate fighters. Ice Climbers and Rosalina and Luma were kept together.

:ultrichter::ultmario::ultike::ultlucario::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer::ultchrom::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultlucas::ivysaur::ultdk::ultmiifighters:Brawler:ultjigglypuff::ultdarksamus::ultyounglink::ultlucina::ultmiifighters:Gunner:ultshulk::ultmegaman::ultpikachu::ultgnw::ultisabelle::ultdaisy::ultbowserjr::ultfalco::ultkingdedede::ulttoonlink::4charizard::ultcorrin::ultmiifighters:Swordfighter:ultdoc::ultluigi:

:ultmewtwo::ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultness::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultlittlemac::ultdiddy::ultroy::ultduckhunt::ultlink::ultkirby::ultinkling::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultsamus::ultbowser::ultrob::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultryu::ultfox::ultwolf::ultpalutena::ultganondorf::ultrobin:ultpit::ultsheik::ultmetaknight::squirtle::ultolimar::ulticeclimbers::ultgreninja::ultvillager::ultpeach:

Interesting tidbits:
-Out of the original 8, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu were the only survivors. If we extend it to the original 12, then we can include Luigi and Jigglypuff.
-Out of all the Pokemon, only Mewtwo, Squirtle, and Greninja were snapped.
-Out of all of the FE characters, only Roy and Robin were snapped.
-Out of the current newcomers, Ridley and Inkling were snapped.
-Original Link was the only Link snapped.
-All Mii Fighters survived.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Out of boredom, I decided to Thanos Snap the roster using a random team generator. I separated PKMN Trainer and the Miis into their own separate fighters. Ice Climbers and Rosalina and Luma were kept together.

:ultrichter::ultmario::ultike::ultlucario::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer::ultchrom::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultlucas::ivysaur::ultdk::ultmiifighters:Brawler:ultjigglypuff::ultdarksamus::ultyounglink::ultlucina::ultmiifighters:Gunner:ultshulk::ultmegaman::ultpikachu::ultgnw::ultisabelle::ultdaisy::ultbowserjr::ultfalco::ultkingdedede::ulttoonlink::4charizard::ultcorrin::ultmiifighters:Swordfighter:ultdoc::ultluigi:

:ultmewtwo::ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultness::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultlittlemac::ultdiddy::ultroy::ultduckhunt::ultlink::ultkirby::ultinkling::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultsamus::ultbowser::ultrob::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultryu::ultfox::ultwolf::ultpalutena::ultganondorf::ultrobin:ultpit::ultsheik::ultmetaknight::squirtle::ultolimar::ulticeclimbers::ultgreninja::ultvillager::ultpeach:

Interesting tidbits:
-Out of the original 8, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu were the only survivors. If we extend it to the original 12, then we can include Luigi and Jigglypuff.
-Out of all the Pokemon, only Mewtwo, Squirtle, and Greninja were snapped.
-Out of all of the FE characters, only Roy and Robin were snapped.
-Out of the current newcomers, Ridley and Inkling were snapped.
-Original Link was the only Link snapped.
-All Mii Fighters survived.
Villager? Captain Falcon? Ness? Mewtwo? Inkling?

...KIRBY?!

NOT KIRBY YOU MONSTER

New theory yo!

Book theory.
I see Elma, I gotta click. I’ll watch in a few

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom