• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
anybody's distracting from any topic, it was you getting agitated over it and causing a holy war. Again, a person's sexuality or religion is no more "controversial" than their favorite TV show.
Except that's not true at all and topics on sexuality, politics and religion are extremely controversial and quickly escalate.

I just do not see what place any of that has on a thread to discuss an anticipated game.

D

Deleted member

I still don't know if that thing about the Toad blocks being only the yellow ones is true or false.

Edit: i checked because nobody answered.
Yeah, the Toads were turned to blocks, but just to the ones that "gave items as a help for Mario".

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
MatPat is an NPC. He gave undertale to the Pope, you would have to be a real idiot to do something like that.
He did?! WHAT THE HECK?!

Man, the people who watch his theory videos must get dumber after watching them, or dumber every time they watch a video of his.
Indeed he did and cried about it.

Yes Matpat you gave a game with serial killing and genocide to the Pope. And not something fun and vaguely innocent like Tetris or Pac-man... THAT'S BAD.
Who gives a game about killing to a guy who is head of something called religion, which is for the most part, against killing anyways?
Because he wanted to play the Genocide route.

View attachment 170358

I'm so sorry, this is a joke please don't kill me.
Guys, what nonsense are you ventilating? It's traditional to give the Pope a gift when visiting him, MatPat wanted to give a gift emblematic of his culture (i.e. gaming culture), and the idea was most likely about the Pacifist route. Undertale's tagline is "The Friendly RPG Where Nobody Has To Die". The Pacifist Route is the true meat-and-potatoes of the experience.

D

Deleted member

Guys, what nonsense are you ventilating? It's traditional to give the Pope a gift when visiting him, MatPat wanted to give a gift emblematic of his culture (i.e. gaming culture), and the idea was most likely about the Pacifist route. Undertale's tagline is "The Friendly RPG Where Nobody Has To Die". The Pacifist Route is the true meat-and-potatoes of the experience.
True.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't allowed to listen to the DK Rap when I was young because it said "Hell"

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
The board mentions Goomy and it’s like they aren’t aware that I am an apostate of Lady Goodra, Long May She Reign. That’s right Tom, say the whole thing, ev’reh time.

Slug dragons belong in Smash. Have you ever touched a slug for too long? Spider webs be damned. That stuff is ADHESIVE. It adheres to your soul.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Not the worst thing I've ever read but it's up there. Yes giving the Pope a gift is traditional but a game about genocide etc is obviously not appropriate.

I'm not even going to get into the gaming culture point, if gaming is a culture then an soldier should give the Pope an Bazooka as a gift if he meets him because he is a part of military culture or something?

D

Deleted member

Remember that this is a Smash Forum, so the DK Rap can only say heck, and not hell.

Anyone who disagrees will be forced to hear the Diddy part of the rap on a loop.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, thought it wouldn't hurt to say how it was said in DK64, which was a kids game, but hat the h word in it, even though you're probably joking around.
Yeah.

I was referencing how the Melee version changed Hell by Heck.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
This thread goes so fast. I couldn't catch up at all. So i heard that Nintendo will have some kind of special event on Oct/18. Does anyone know what is it yet?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Who gives a game about killing to a guy who is head of something called religion, which is for the most part, against killing anyways?
I think you're misunderstanding both MatPat's intent and Catholic theology.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435530389#p435530389
Here's another one for your viewing pleasure.
That actually seems pretty reasonable. Spirits as some kind of mega crossover within a crossover seems in line with what we've seen from the Rathalos and Dracula boss battles. Perhaps there's a Minecraft world to explore, too?

Of course it's unconfirmed and probably just an educated guess, but that sounds exactly like something Sakurai would do.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Why would people want to use logic, reason, and facts when they can manipulate the truth to better fit their own preconceived narrative centralized around hate, though? :p

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
>Enter thread
>Looks like theyre talking religion
>Go to next page
>"Chunky Kong comes back from the dead"
He may move slow, he cant jump high, but for all your sins, this Kong would die!

D

Deleted member

Speaking of youtubers who like to make misconceptions regarding videogames.

The Crash Bandicoot Honest Trailer by Smosh is everything but honest.

You could title the video "We love Mario and hate Crash", and nobody would have complained.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We have freedom of speech.
True.

I think you're misunderstanding both MatPat's intent and Catholic theology.
Lugiifan told me about it. I still think it is weird to give the Pope a video game. Not that age is a restriction, for it shouldn't be, but a Pope playing video games is unheard of to me, and I don't see why he'd add a video game to his collection.

But seriously, can we drop the Pope discussion, please?

D

Deleted member

>Enter thread
>Looks like theyre talking religion
>Go to next page
>"Chunky Kong comes back from the dead"
He may move slow, he cant jump high, but for all your sins, this Kong would die!
I love this thread sometimes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True.

Lugiifan told me about it. I still think it is weird to give the Pope a video game. Not that age is a restriction, for it shouldn't be, but a Pope playing video games is unheard of to me, and I don't see why he'd add a video game to his collection.

But seriously, can we drop the Pope discussion, please?
If you want the pope so badly just get Crash Kirby my dude

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If you want the pope so badly just get Crash Kirby my dude
I don't want him. I'd explain why, probably again, but I'd probably bring up the religion thing again, which I want to avoid for the good of this topic.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not the worst thing I've ever read but it's up there. Yes giving the Pope a gift is traditional but a game about genocide etc is obviously not appropriate.

I'm not even going to get into the gaming culture point, if gaming is a culture then an soldier should give the Pope an Bazooka as a gift if he meets him because he is a part of military culture or something?
Undertale is not about genocide unless the person playing it chooses to be a murderous asshole. Yes, the fight with Sans at the end of the Genocide Route is arguably the most famous scene in the game, but scenes like befriending Papyrus and the battle with Asriel are where you see what the game is meant to be about.
Why would people want to use logic, reason, and facts when they can manipulate the truth to better fit their own preconceived narrative centralized around hate, though? :p
Arguing with fanatics in a nutshell, folks. It's just as applicable to trolls.

Last edited:

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman

Pope francis official stock icon from way earlier in the thread, ripped directly from the E3 Demo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom