• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No clue why atheists always find a way to bring it up that they're atheist on the internet.

Obviously the comment was an offhanded joke directed at the everyone generally about the sexual innuendos not you specifically.
Because we can't do it in real life and we need to vent?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So just recently discovered that "supposedly" the animation teams for

Star, SU,Gravity Falls (kinda), and Adventure Time are a cesspool of sexual favors, incompetence, and nepotism...

Whew, feels bad man but I knew something was up, things are too... charged.

Western animation is in a bad way but at least I got my anime... (That looks terrible on screen what a cringy thing to say...):4pacman:
Wait, what, huh?!? What the actual f***?!?

Well, at least these aren't the cartoons of my childhood...

D

Deleted member

I'll take both :D
Would Jesus's Final Smash be the second coming?
Would he be able to walk on water? Would he have limits on his water walking?
Would Jesus truly be in character without his classic water into wine victory pose?
Would "realistic" Jesus be an alternate costume?
How much would Sakurai take from Fight of Gods Jesus?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'm surprised it only took 5,656 pages for this thread to become a grocery store argument about religion.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ya’ll need Jesus
Or a Direct.
I'll take a Direct :p

No clue why atheists always find a way to bring it up that they're atheist on the internet.

Obviously the comment was an offhanded joke directed at the everyone generally about the sexual innuendos not you specifically.
People can bring up whatever they want about themselves, as it's a part of their identity, without being criticized for it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh don't worry, religious people have been doing that for ages.
I kinda agree with Falcoboi there, though.

It's on the same level as people who try to find every opportunity to talk about being vegan.
Maybe it's just me but people on both sides of the isle who do that are just some kinda weird attention seeking vocal minority and the vast majority of the atheists and religious people I know aren't guilty of this.

Stop being that guy

Because either way it's not gonna get your characters in smash :4pacman:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

I don't think ALL of this is true but based on other things I've seen and heard its not all bunk.

One as an adult shouldn't think too much about SU, it'll make you sad if you do. (Not talking about the fandom btw)

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Not sure why that's a cause for people to vent. People vent for having a bad day not for their own personal beliefs or any lack of beliefs.

It's not something that's relevent in most discussions yet is bought up at so frequently most people have noticed it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Would Jesus truly be in character without his classic water into wine victory pose?
Yes :D

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I kinda agree with Falcoboi there, though.

It's on the same level as people who try to find every opportunity to talk about being vegan.
Maybe it's just me but people on both sides of the isle who do that are just some kinda weird attention seeking vocal minority and the vast majority of the atheists and religious people I know aren't guilty of this.

Stop being that guy

Because either way it's not gonna get your characters in smash :4pacman:
This is the most relevant discussion I've ever seen.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel bad now for starting this whole religious thing. Hopefully, we can move past this whole thing very soon.

D

Deleted member

I mean, you have to take into account the uploader's bias, and the source being anonymous. Also, isn't it just a little convenient the guy happens to have worked on most of the big cartoons from the past couple of years? Until something more concrete surfaces, it's noting more than baseless rumors, IMO.

But again, I'm a guy that doesn't give two ****s about politics, so me sweeping this under the rug also comes from a place of bias.

D

Deleted member

Let's stop the religious talk by using it to introduce a new theme:

Mat Pat's dumb theories.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Anyway, besides speaking of topics that need to be dropped, I wanna see a reel of the remaining ATs. They're pretty interesting to me despite not using them.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Mat Pat's dumb theories.
I'll Start, the for honor video is where i stopped watching matpat cuz i watch alot of medival arms and armor channels and know he was full of it. how about you?
Edit: i shall also share one of said videos debunking that theory

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mat Pat's dumb theories.
I recently installed the Sans skin despite having no intention of ever playing UNDERTALE. It's just nice to finally be able to play as the Mother 4 version of Ness.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wave Race has found this mortal enemy.

D

Deleted member

I'll Start, the for honor video is where i stopped watching matpat cuz i watch alot of medival arms and armor channels and know he was full of it. how about you?
I stopped when his first video about Crash was about him trying to make the character feel overrated, and the many awful Metroid theory.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I recently installed the Sans skin despite having no intention of ever playing UNDERTALE. It's just nice to finally be able to play as the Mother 4 version of Ness.
Jokes aside I would be down for something like.. Undertale music or a trophy or something making it in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So just recently discovered that "supposedly" the animation teams for

Star, SU,Gravity Falls (kinda), and Adventure Time are a cesspool of sexual favors, incompetence, and nepotism...

Whew, feels bad man but I knew something was up, things are too... charged.

Western animation is in a bad way but at least I got my anime... (That looks terrible on screen what a cringy thing to say...):4pacman:
WHAT?
Why’d it have to never the industry I want to get into?

I just wanna make cartoons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom