• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What theories does he have that AREN'T dumb?
Sans is Ness. It's so stupid that it wraps around to being amazing.

WHAT?
Why’d it have to never the industry I want to get into?

I just wanna make cartoons...
I mean, you have to take into account the uploader's bias, and the source being anonymous. Also, isn't it just a little convenient the guy happens to have worked on most of the big cartoons from the past couple of years? Until something more concrete surfaces, it's noting more than baseless rumors, IMO.

But again, I'm a guy that doesn't give two ****s about politics, so me sweeping this under the rug also comes from a place of bias.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let's stop the religious talk by using it to introduce a new theme:

Mat Pat's dumb theories.
Why does he show his face like 20 times per minute in his vids?

I mean like... Just talk to me like a normal person...

D

Deleted member

The Splatoon theory was the most pointless for me.

The game has better stuff to make theories off, and he goes with something that the game just tells you clear in an art.

Polan

Smash Lord
So just recently discovered that "supposedly" the animation teams for

Star, SU,Gravity Falls (kinda), and Adventure Time are a cesspool of sexual favors, incompetence, and nepotism...

Whew, feels bad man but I knew something was up, things are too... charged.

Western animation is in a bad way but at least I got my anime... (That looks terrible on screen what a cringy thing to say...):4pacman:
anime is even worse lmao. japanese work culture + lack of any sort of bargaining power by animators has resulted in bs like this
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/anime/j...nt-just-tough-its-illegally-harsh-110074.html

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I kinda agree with Falcoboi there, though.

It's on the same level as people who try to find every opportunity to talk about being vegan.
Maybe it's just me but people on both sides of the isle who do that are just some kinda weird attention seeking vocal minority and the vast majority of the atheists and religious people I know aren't guilty of this.

Stop being that guy

Because either way it's not gonna get your characters in smash :4pacman:
People can mention any part of themselves (being gay, atheist, vegan) as it's a part of their identity--by criticizing that, it's implicitly criticizing their identity. I don't see people getting scolded from bringing up that they're sports fans or any other "non-controversial" identity.

(and this is coming from a gaytheist, so that you're aware of my bias)

The theory about Final Fantasy being anti-religion was dumb.
Taking that topic, and circling back. Props for the ingenuity. :4pacman:

Most Mat Pat's theories are dumb. Because they're a free Youtube show not to be taken seriously as scientific research.

D

Deleted member

People can mention any part of themselves (being gay, atheist, vegan) as it's a part of their identity--by criticizing that, it's implicitly criticizing their identity. I don't see people getting scolded from bringing up that they're sports fans or any other "non-controversial" identity.

(and this is coming from a gaytheist, so that you're aware of my bias)

Taking that topic, and circling back. Props for the ingenuity. :4pacman:

Most Mat Pat's theories are dumb. Because they're a free Youtube show not to be taken seriously as scientific research.
The Mario is Mental theory brought a lot of misconceptions, doh.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
MatPat is an NPC. He gave undertale to the Pope, you would have to be a real idiot to do something like that.

Pakky

Smash Hero
WHAT?
Why’d it have to never the industry I want to get into?

I just wanna make cartoons...
Don't take all of this at face value but just be careful and be aware of what you convey in your work.

These dude are cynical as **** and have some basis but at the same time I'm not comfortable calling them 100% wrong.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We're talking about religion? Allow me to introduce you to our lord and savior, the champion of all dragons.

Pakky

Smash Hero
MatPat is an NPC. He gave undertale to the Pope, you would have to be a real idiot to do something like that.
Indeed he did and cried about it.

Yes Matpat you gave a game with serial killing and genocide to the Pope. And not something fun and vaguely innocent like Tetris or Pac-man... THAT'S BAD.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Mattpat cried in a video because people didn't like his "Sans is Ness" video.

Cried in a video.

Alligator tears, wiped away with $100 bills

WaxPython

Smash Ace
People can mention any part of themselves (being gay, atheist, vegan) as it's a part of their identity
Why? It's a forum to discuss smash bros ultimate? People dont need to bring that up we dont need to say oh I'm Bill from Virginia I'm a straight white male and this is my opinion on religion. It's my identity etc.

If I was vegan I don't see how adding I'm vegan adds anything to my opinion by opinion is.the exact same without that piece of info.

Some things people should just keep to themselves or it distracts from the main topic at hand and creates an unnecessary divide.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Yes Matpat you gave a game with serial killing and genocide to the Pope. And not something fun and vaguely innocent like Tetris or Pac-man... THAT'S BAD.
Who gives a game about killing to a guy who is head of something called religion, which is for the most part, against killing anyways?

D

Deleted member

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm tempted to cite Pat, Mat in an essay. :upsidedown:
Speaking about that.

While i know that the blocks being Toads stuff at worst only happened in Mario 1, someone online told me that one manual explains that only the yellow bricks are the Toads.

Can anyone confirm me this?

D

Deleted member

Who gives a game about killing to a guy who is head of something called religion, which is for the most part, against killing anyways?
Because he wanted to play the Genocide route.

4df.png

I'm so sorry, this is a joke please don't kill me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also Mattpat cried in a video because people didn't like his "Sans is Ness" video.

Cried in a video.

Alligator tears, wiped away with $100 bills
You mean crocodile tears, or krocodile tears, or King K. Rool tears? Anyway, how can he think he is smart enough to be a theorist when he can't understand why people don't like one of his videos, or any of them?

D

Deleted member

Can anyone confirm me that the only Toads turned to bricks in Super Mario Bros 1 are indeed just the yellow blocks?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why? It's a forum to discuss smash bros ultimate? People dont need to bring that up we dont need to say oh I'm Bill from Virginia I'm a straight white male and this is my opinion on religion.

Some things people should just keep to themselves or it distracts from the main topic at hand and creates an unnecessary divide.
If anybody's distracting from any topic, it was you getting agitated over it and causing a holy war. Again, a person's sexuality or religion is no more "controversial" than their favorite TV show.

Back on topic: What's gonna be today's blog post?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
what if they added the dude from golf and his name was just "golf" and he came in a pack with chunky kong and dr. luigi

osby

Smash Obsessed
If anybody's distracting from any topic, it was you getting agitated over it and causing a holy war. Again, a person's sexuality or religion is no more "controversial" than their favorite TV show.

Back on topic: What's gonna be today's blog post?
Last one was Shulk, so... Palutena? (I'm just desperate for more information about her)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom