• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are... Are you taking my ****post about how overblown the term 'Nintendo all star' is seriously?
"Overblown"? You can't just look down on a subjective phrase that obviously doesn't apply to Smash anymore. How would people complain about the characters they don't like otherwise?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Am i the only one extremely nervous for any news today???
I'm nervous. But also annoyed, because there's a perfect reaction image to sum up the situation right now and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. And I'm not going to restart Mario & Luigi: Dream Team just so I can find that one specific Toad and recreate it.

Also only two hours til potential reveal/disappointment.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Last night was pretty exciting, but remember that all of the stuff (besides that menu theme leak) could be nothing. The Montreal event could be in no way related to smash, the image leak goose hunt could just be a literally-who trying to get a rise out of everyone, and that guy who apparently got a completed copy of the game will not leak a damn thing - in fact, the game might not have even gone gold. He might just have the box.

Don't bank on anything, folks.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
What if it's Windjammers 2? (it was originally an arcade game).
Though I think it's not a Switch exclusive, it's Switch+PC, so I'm not sure Nintendo would dedicate an event for it.
But it's definitely a possibility.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Last night was a ton of fun. Even if we get no more info today, jamming to the menu music and supporting each other's pipe dream picks and just being excited for this game in a positive way shows how much fun this has been.

God I love videogames.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looking at the entirety of major Nintendo Direct history, those past the 20th are pretty rare but not impossible. One of the four notable examples is the 50 Fact Extravaganza back on October 23rd 2014. If history were to repeat itself, that would place the Direct on next Tuesday so I guess that's something to hang onto if today doesn't pan out.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I missed the Menu Theme but I did like seeing a new Mega Man track:

Nintendo/Capcom, continue to make me happy by including these tracks. I will love both of you even more forever...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I missed the Menu Theme but I did like seeing a new Mega Man track:

Nintendo/Capcom, continue to make me happy by including these tracks. I will love both of you even more forever...

I got my Spark Man remix in Smash 4, so I'm already pretty happy with the Mega Man music in Smash
That being said, I'm still personally hoping for one of these
(Linked, so mobile users, won't crash )

Bubble Man Theme (Mega Man 2) This is probably the most underrated track in Mega Man 2

Shade Man Theme (Mega Man 7) I also wouldn't mind the secret Ghouls & Ghost remix as well, thanks Capcom

Astro Man Theme (Mega Man 8) Not gonna lie, despite it's many flaws, Mega Man 8 had a pretty great soundtrack...

Splash Woman Theme (Mega Man 9) Easily, my favorite Mega Man theme from my favorite Mega Man game.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Me, a mobile user: pls dont embed so many videos at once my phone's dying

How dare you call him imaginary!? Give me back my doggo right now!
I’m also strictly a mobile user without any wifi. But I can browse these boards fine....even with some embedded videos.

And japan mobile internet surprisingly sucks regardless what websites will tell you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m also strictly a mobile user without any wifi. But I can browse these boards fine....even with some embedded videos.

And japan mobile internet surprisingly sucks regardless what websites will tell you.
Embedding music videos is bound to start a music discussion and those always end with people embedding a ****ton of them. All I'm doing is asking to take that into consideration

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is it just me, or have we got 50-60 more pages? I thought it was 20-30 pages per day... assuming I logged out at 9:40 PM in my timezone.
Let's just say things got a little crazy last night, with new pages every 10 minutes, just because the game supposedley went gold
Trust me, I was there.
It was pretty fun, honestly...

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If there isn’t a Direct announcement today I can safely say two things:
One, we’re getting a Direct in November, not October
Two, the box theory is most likely correct

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
"Overblown"? You can't just look down on a subjective phrase that obviously doesn't apply to Smash anymore. How would people complain about the characters they don't like otherwise?
That's the thing; people use vague bull**** terms like that and "mascot fighter" to complain about the roster and basically every damn potential newcomer (nevermind that Nintendo themselves never called the game those two things-- or at least hasn't in recent memory).

D

Deleted member

I don't know about you, but i feel like Fourside is the worst Mother stage in Smash, in regards to the representation of the source material.

It is playable and fun, don't get me wrong, but it differs a lot from the actual Fourside in Mother 2.

And even if we take the Smash version as Moonside, it still lacks the neon elements that represents it.

At least in Ultimate the Monotoly helicopter is more similar to the one in the original game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom